1. What friend of Joe Rantz's was a central figure in one of Daniel James Brown's earlier books, according to the author in the Prologue?
Angus Hay Jr.
2. On what date does the author begin his narrative in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
October 9, 1933.
3. In the fourth year of the Great Depression, how many Americans had no job or prospect of finding one, according to the author in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
10 million people.
4. When was Franklin D. Roosevelt inaugurated as President of the United States?
March 4, 1933.
5. Who accompanied Joe Rantz as he made his way to the University of Washington crew tryouts in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
This section contains 4,477 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)