|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to the person that verbally controls a boat's steering, speed, timing, and fluidity in competitive rowing?
2. George Pocock grew up in and around the boathouse of what prominent school?
(a) Winchester College.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Eton College.
3. What was the area called where Joe Rantz rented a cheap room while working at the Grand Coulee Dam site?
(b) Jackson Square.
(c) Dinghy Pond.
(d) Shack Town.
4. Who was the coxswain of the varsity boat that raced against the freshmen at the University of Washington in Part 2: Resiliency, Chapter 6?
(a) Harry Rantz.
(b) Willis Thompson.
(c) Angus Hay Jr.
(d) Harvey Love.
5. In what year did the University of California at Berkeley win the Olympic gold for rowing in Amsterdam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What business had Johnny White's father run until the financial crash of 1929?
2. What was the name of Joe's aunt that he was sent to live with after his mother died?
3. Who was the senior that Ulbrickson swapped out for George Morry as coxswain on the sophomore boat at Poughkeepsie in 1935?
4. In what year did Joe Rantz's parents marry?
5. Who is described in Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 9 as "the savvy little coxswain of what seemed to be shaping up to be the best of the JV boats"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)