|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the freshman rowing coach at the University of Washington in 1933?
(a) George A. Wyman.
(b) Tom Bolles.
(c) Byron Noble.
(d) Al Ulbrickson.
2. The author says in Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 13 that by March 19, 1936, Al Ulbrickson had his best bet for an Olympic boat. Who was at the bow of this boat?
(a) Tom Bolles.
(b) Roger Morris.
(c) Harvey Love.
(d) Byron Noble.
3. What was the name of Bobby Moch's father?
(a) George Moch.
(b) Gaston Moch.
(c) Avery Moch.
(d) Harry Moch.
4. What was Bobby Moch's weight in 1936?
(a) 176 lbs.
(b) 145 lbs.
(c) 119 lbs.
(d) 127 lbs.
5. What was the home water used by the University of California at Berkeley's rowing team in 1934?
(a) The Oakland Estuary.
(b) Montlake Cut.
(c) Langer See.
(d) The Arcata Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the Grand Coulee Dam, the narrator says it was "so massive that by the time it was finished it would be the largest masonry structure built since" what?
2. What was the name of Al Ulbrickson's wife?
3. How far did Roger Morris walk to the University of Washington each day from his parents' home in Fremont?
4. In what year did Seattle's professional hockey team, the Metropolitans, become the first American team to win the Stanley Cup?
5. What is the Olympic standard distance for all rowing events?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)