|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thula Rantz go to audition for Fritz Kreisler in 1935?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
2. Who revealed to Joe Rantz the location where his father had been living in Part 2: Resiliency, Chapter 8?
(a) Ky Ebright.
(b) Byron Noble.
(c) Fred Rantz.
(d) Thula Rantz.
3. What was the profession of Bobby Moch's father?
(a) He was a politician.
(b) He was a schoolteacher.
(c) He was a watchmaker and jeweler.
(d) He was a baker and chef.
4. What was the name of Johnny White's mother?
(a) Maimie White.
(b) Elizabeth White.
(c) Doris White.
(d) Dorothy White.
5. Who was Joyce Simdars' employer that payed for her to take cooking lessons after she made an unpalatable duck a l'orange?
(a) Mrs. Brougham.
(b) Mrs. Thompson.
(c) Mrs. Moch.
(d) Mrs. Tellwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did Roger Morris walk to the University of Washington each day from his parents' home in Fremont?
2. On what date does the author say "it began to rain in Seattle as it had never rained before and has never rained since" in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5?
3. How old was Fritz Kreisler when he was admitted to the Vienna Conservatory?
4. Who is described in Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 9 as "the savvy little coxswain of what seemed to be shaping up to be the best of the JV boats"?
5. What film studio came to shoot newsreel of the University of Washington rowing crew as they practiced in January of 1936?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)