|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Resiliency, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the University of Washington rowing crew tryouts held in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
(a) Langer See.
(b) Arcata Bay.
(c) Jackson Bay.
(d) Montlake Cut.
2. What was the name of the swing band that Roger Morris played with for extra money on the weekends while attending school at the University of Washington?
(a) The Blue Lyres.
(b) The Black-jackets.
(c) The Green Keys.
(d) The White Notes.
3. What was the name of Joe's aunt that he was sent to live with after his mother died?
4. What kind of shop Harry Rantz run in Sequim, Washington in 1925?
(a) A butcher shop.
(b) A candy shop.
(c) An antique clock shop.
(d) An auto repair shop.
5. George Pocock grew up in and around the boathouse of what prominent school?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Eton College.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Winchester College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Roger Morris's family's moving business?
2. When was the rowing program at the University of California at Berkeley established?
3. In what year did the University of California at Berkeley win the Olympic gold for rowing in Amsterdam?
4. Who was the bootlegger that Joe and Harry stole liquor from to sell on the black market during the Great Depression in Sequim?
5. From where did Joe Rantz's parents move to Spokane after they married?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)