|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the family that Joe's father took Joe to live with near the Hama Hama Logging Company in 1924?
(a) The Schwartz's.
(b) The Andersons.
(c) The Rosses.
(d) The Jacksons.
2. What term refers to the person that verbally controls a boat's steering, speed, timing, and fluidity in competitive rowing?
3. What was the name of the University of Washington student that accidentally set himself on fire during a bonfire and was killed in 1933?
(a) Willis Thompson.
(b) Angus Hay Jr.
(c) Roger Morris.
(d) Byron Noble.
4. Who was the first person to cross the United States by motor vehicle, traveling by motorcycle from San Francisco to New York?
(a) George A. Wyman.
(b) Roger Morris.
(c) Angus Hay Jr.
(d) Tom Bolles.
5. On what date was Joe Rantz born?
(a) October 9, 1918.
(b) July 1, 1933.
(c) March 4, 1909.
(d) March 31, 1914.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the author begin his narrative in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
2. In what year did the Wright brothers make the first controlled human flight?
3. What was the name of the custom-built sectional boat that Sir Henry Stanley used to search for Dr. David Livingstone in Central Africa in 1874?
4. Where did Harry go to fetch a doctor when Thula went into labor in November of 1924?
5. What was the name of Joe Rantz's father?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)