|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of the derogatory nicknames that the richer students of the University of Washington called Joe Rantz?
(a) Chief Joe.
(b) Smoking Joe.
(c) Jumpin' Joe.
(d) Hobo Joe.
2. On what date was Joe Rantz born?
(a) March 31, 1914.
(b) July 1, 1933.
(c) March 4, 1909.
(d) October 9, 1918.
3. From where did Joe Rantz's parents move to Spokane after they married?
(a) Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
4. What term refers to a boat with a narrow, flat bottom, high bow, and flaring sides?
5. How hold was Joe Rantz when his father and Thula abandoned him in Sequim, Washington?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Roger Morris's family's moving business?
2. Where was Joyce Simdar sent to live with an aunt after her family's home burned down?
3. In what year did the Wright brothers make the first controlled human flight?
4. Who was the bootlegger that Joe and Harry stole liquor from to sell on the black market during the Great Depression in Sequim?
5. On what date does the author begin his narrative in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)