|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Joe Rantz's parents marry?
2. Who was the first person to cross the United States by motor vehicle, traveling by motorcycle from San Francisco to New York?
(a) Angus Hay Jr.
(b) Roger Morris.
(c) George A. Wyman.
(d) Tom Bolles.
3. How many inches of rain does the author describe falling at the University of Washington during the course of a month of flooding in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5?
(a) 14 and a quarter inches.
(b) 12 and three-quarters of an inch.
(c) 19 and a half inches.
(d) 10 and a half inches.
4. In what year did Hiram Conibear die?
5. What was the name of the family that Joe's father took Joe to live with near the Hama Hama Logging Company in 1924?
(a) The Jacksons.
(b) The Rosses.
(c) The Andersons.
(d) The Schwartz's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the bootlegger that Joe and Harry stole liquor from to sell on the black market during the Great Depression in Sequim?
2. On what date did George Pocock and his brother Dick first arrive in Vancouver, Canada?
3. On what date was Joe Rantz born?
4. On what date does the author say "it began to rain in Seattle as it had never rained before and has never rained since" in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5?
5. How many acres was the "stump farm" that Harry Rantz purchased in Sequim?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)