|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first person to cross the United States by motor vehicle, traveling by motorcycle from San Francisco to New York?
(a) Tom Bolles.
(b) Angus Hay Jr.
(c) George A. Wyman.
(d) Roger Morris.
2. What was novel about the manner in which Joe Rantz's parents married?
(a) They were married over the internet.
(b) They were married on a mountaintop.
(c) They were married in an airplane.
(d) They were married over the telephone.
3. When was George Pocock born?
(a) March 23, 1891.
(b) October 9, 1900.
(c) March 31, 1914.
(d) December 14, 1895.
4. On what date did George Pocock and his brother Dick first arrive in Vancouver, Canada?
(a) March 31, 1914.
(b) March 23, 1891.
(c) March 11, 1911.
(d) December 14, 1930.
5. In what year did Joe Rantz's parents marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 3 refers to an even balance or distribution of weight?
2. What was the name of Joe's aunt that he was sent to live with after his mother died?
3. What was Joe Rantz's mother's maiden name?
4. What was the name of the custom-built sectional boat that Sir Henry Stanley used to search for Dr. David Livingstone in Central Africa in 1874?
5. On what date does the author begin his narrative in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)