|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was novel about the manner in which Joe Rantz's parents married?
(a) They were married on a mountaintop.
(b) They were married over the telephone.
(c) They were married in an airplane.
(d) They were married over the internet.
2. In what year did the Wright brothers make the first controlled human flight?
3. From where did Joe Rantz's parents move to Spokane after they married?
(a) Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
(b) Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
4. Who was the head coach of the University of Washington rowing program in 1933?
(a) George A. Wyman.
(b) Byron Noble.
(c) Al Ulbrickson.
(d) Tom Bolles.
5. In the fourth year of the Great Depression, how many Americans had no job or prospect of finding one, according to the author in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
(a) 2 million people.
(b) 10 million people.
(c) 4 million people.
(d) 20 million people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanied Joe Rantz as he made his way to the University of Washington crew tryouts in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
2. On what date did George Pocock and his brother Dick first arrive in Vancouver, Canada?
3. On what date does the author begin his narrative in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
4. In what country was George Pocock born?
5. What was the name of the custom-built sectional boat that Sir Henry Stanley used to search for Dr. David Livingstone in Central Africa in 1874?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)