|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first person to cross the United States by motor vehicle, traveling by motorcycle from San Francisco to New York?
(a) Roger Morris.
(b) George A. Wyman.
(c) Angus Hay Jr.
(d) Tom Bolles.
2. When was Franklin D. Roosevelt inaugurated as President of the United States?
(a) ecember 14, 1930.
(b) October 9, 1933.
(c) March 4, 1933.
(d) July 1, 1932.
3. In what year did Joe Rantz's parents marry?
4. In what year did Hiram Conibear die?
5. What is the Olympic standard distance for all rowing events?
(a) 1,000 meters.
(b) 500 meters.
(c) 2,000 meters.
(d) 2,500 meters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 3 refers to an even balance or distribution of weight?
2. Where were the University of Washington rowing crew tryouts held in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
3. On what date does the author begin his narrative in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
4. What term refers to the person that verbally controls a boat's steering, speed, timing, and fluidity in competitive rowing?
5. Who accompanied Joe Rantz as he made his way to the University of Washington crew tryouts in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 1?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)