|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was Joe Rantz born?
(a) October 9, 1918.
(b) July 1, 1933.
(c) March 31, 1914.
(d) March 4, 1909.
2. What word from Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 3 refers to an even balance or distribution of weight?
3. What was the name of the shell that the freshman crew raced in Poughkeepsie in 1934?
(a) The City of Seattle.
(b) The Seattle Mariner.
(c) The SS Manhattan.
(d) The Husky Clipper.
4. On what date did the University of Washington crew members depart on the train for Poughkeepsie in 1936?
(a) July 5.
(b) March 1.
(c) June 24.
(d) June 10.
5. What was the name of Joseph Goebbels' wife?
(a) Eleanor Goebbels.
(b) Sarah Goebbels.
(c) Irina Goebbels.
(d) Magda Goebbels.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did George Pocock and his brother Dick first arrive in Vancouver, Canada?
2. Who was the Kansas City AP bureau chief that first coined the phrase "the dust bowl"?
3. Whose quotations open almost each chapter of The Boys in the Boat?
4. By what name did the dust storm that hit on April 14, 1935 become known?
5. What was the name of the University of Washington student that accidentally set himself on fire during a bonfire and was killed in 1933?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)