|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Joe Rantz's parents marry?
2. How tall was Bobby Moch in 1936?
3. What lake is used by Princeton University's rowing team?
(a) Langer See.
(b) Lake Winnepesaukee.
(c) Montlake Cut.
(d) Lake Carnegie.
4. How old was Jim Ten Eyck, the coach from Syracuse, in 1935 when Washington went to race in Poughkeepsie?
5. Who wrote an exuberant account of the Cal-Washington varsity regatta for the Associated Press in 1934?
(a) Russell Callow.
(b) Willis Thompson.
(c) Harvey Love.
(d) Frank G. Gorrie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 9 means noisy or clamorous?
2. Who were the two schools that raced against one another in the first intercollegiate rowing crew race in the U.S.?
3. Who were the brothers that were in the all-sophomore boat and the JV boat and sustained a sibling rivalry in Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 9?
4. What is the central boulevard in Berlin described by the author in Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 16?
5. Who were the sophomore crew members that Ulbrickson called into his office and told they needed to shape up in Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 9?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)