|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the swing band that Roger Morris played with for extra money on the weekends while attending school at the University of Washington?
(a) The White Notes.
(b) The Black-jackets.
(c) The Green Keys.
(d) The Blue Lyres.
2. What is the name of the lake where the Olympic rowing, canoeing, and kayaking events were held in the 1936 Olympics?
(b) Montlake Cut.
(c) Langer See.
(d) Lake Winnepesaukee.
3. What was the name of the University of Washington's football team before they became the Huskies?
(a) The Gold Miners.
(b) The Sun Dodgers.
(c) The Brewskies.
(d) The Sea Dolphins.
4. On what date does the author say "it began to rain in Seattle as it had never rained before and has never rained since" in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5?
(a) December 2, 1933.
(b) March 31, 1914.
(c) March 4, 1933.
(d) July 1, 1933.
5. Who wrote an exuberant account of the Cal-Washington varsity regatta for the Associated Press in 1934?
(a) Russell Callow.
(b) Willis Thompson.
(c) Harvey Love.
(d) Frank G. Gorrie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many crews competed for the right to go to Berlin's 1936 Olympics in Princeton?
2. Who hired Joe Rantz to help him install a new roof on his farmhouse in the summer of 1934?
3. Who was Joyce Simdars' employer that payed for her to take cooking lessons after she made an unpalatable duck a l'orange?
4. What book did the Reich League of German Officials have hand-transcribed as a birthday gift for Adolf Hitler on April 20, 1947?
5. What film studio came to shoot newsreel of the University of Washington rowing crew as they practiced in January of 1936?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)