|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the custom-built sectional boat that Sir Henry Stanley used to search for Dr. David Livingstone in Central Africa in 1874?
(a) The Green Dragon.
(b) Lady Alice.
(c) SS Manhattan.
(d) The Whitehorse.
2. How many of Eleanor Holm's fellow athletes signed a petition to have her reinstated in the 1936 Olympic Games?
(a) Over 300.
(b) Less than 5.
(c) Over 200.
(d) About 50.
3. In what year did the Wright brothers make the first controlled human flight?
4. What was one of the derogatory nicknames that the richer students of the University of Washington called Joe Rantz?
(a) Chief Joe.
(b) Hobo Joe.
(c) Smoking Joe.
(d) Jumpin' Joe.
5. In their sophomore year, Joe Rantz's crew changed their rowing chant from "M-I-B" to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Thula's mother?
2. How many of the original 175 boys were still in competition for a seat in the first two freshman boats at the University of Washington on October 30, 1933?
3. On what date did Joyce Simdar's family home burn to the ground?
4. In what year did Seattle's professional hockey team, the Metropolitans, become the first American team to win the Stanley Cup?
5. In what country was George Pocock born?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)