|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bobby Moch grow up?
(a) Montesano, Washington.
(b) Berkeley, California.
(c) Portland, Oregon.
(d) Spokane, Washington.
2. When was the rowing program at the University of California at Berkeley established?
3. On what date did thirty thousand German troops roll into the demilitarized Rhineland, defying the Treaty of Versailles and the Locarno Pact?
(a) April 20, 1936.
(b) January 3, 1936.
(c) March 7, 1936.
(d) September 3, 1936.
4. What is the Olympic standard distance for all rowing events?
(a) 500 meters.
(b) 2,500 meters.
(c) 1,000 meters.
(d) 2,000 meters.
5. How hold was Joe Rantz when his father and Thula abandoned him in Sequim, Washington?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Eleanor Holm's fellow athletes signed a petition to have her reinstated in the 1936 Olympic Games?
2. When Al Ulbrickson addressed the sophomore crew members at the University of Washington in Part 2: Resiliency, Chapter 8, he told them they were not to eat what?
3. How tall was Bobby Moch in 1936?
4. What is the name of the lakeside community in Berlin where the 1936 Olympic rowing, canoeing, and kayaking events took place?
5. On what network did Royal Brougham announce the live broadcast of the Olympic rowing trials in 1936?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)