|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Resiliency, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Joe's aunt that he was sent to live with after his mother died?
2. What term refers to a boat with a narrow, flat bottom, high bow, and flaring sides?
3. What was the home water used by the University of California at Berkeley's rowing team in 1934?
(a) Langer See.
(b) The Arcata Bay.
(c) Montlake Cut.
(d) The Oakland Estuary.
4. What was the name of the University of Washington student that accidentally set himself on fire during a bonfire and was killed in 1933?
(a) Willis Thompson.
(b) Roger Morris.
(c) Angus Hay Jr.
(d) Byron Noble.
5. In what country was George Pocock born?
(a) The Republic of Ireland.
(c) Great Britain.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the derogatory nicknames that the richer students of the University of Washington called Joe Rantz?
2. How many of the original 175 boys were still in competition for a seat in the first two freshman boats at the University of Washington on October 30, 1933?
3. What was novel about the manner in which Joe Rantz's parents married?
4. What was the name of the family that Joe's father took Joe to live with near the Hama Hama Logging Company in 1924?
5. Who was the head of the rowing program at the University of California at Berkeley in 1934?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)