|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Resiliency, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did Joe Rantz's parents move to Spokane after they married?
(a) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(b) Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) Newark, New Jersey.
2. Who was the coxswain of the varsity boat that raced against the freshmen at the University of Washington in Part 2: Resiliency, Chapter 6?
(a) Willis Thompson.
(b) Angus Hay Jr.
(c) Harry Rantz.
(d) Harvey Love.
3. Who replaced Ed Leader as the head coach of the University of Washington rowing program?
(a) Harvey Love.
(b) Ky Ebright.
(c) Willis Thompson.
(d) Russell Callow.
4. On what date was Joe Rantz born?
(a) March 4, 1909.
(b) March 31, 1914.
(c) October 9, 1918.
(d) July 1, 1933.
5. How hold was Joe Rantz when his father and Thula abandoned him in Sequim, Washington?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Joe's aunt that he was sent to live with after his mother died?
2. How many acres was the "stump farm" that Harry Rantz purchased in Sequim?
3. On what date does the author say "it began to rain in Seattle as it had never rained before and has never rained since" in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5?
4. What was the name of the custom-built sectional boat that Sir Henry Stanley used to search for Dr. David Livingstone in Central Africa in 1874?
5. What was the name of Roger Morris's family's moving business?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)