|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Resiliency, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Joe Rantz's parents marry?
2. How many acres was the "stump farm" that Harry Rantz purchased in Sequim?
(a) 10 acres.
(b) 160 acres.
(c) 93 acres.
(d) 45 acres.
3. What word from the narrative refers to a boat race?
4. On what date was Joe Rantz born?
(a) October 9, 1918.
(b) March 4, 1909.
(c) March 31, 1914.
(d) July 1, 1933.
5. Who was the head of the rowing program at the University of California at Berkeley in 1934?
(a) Angus Hay Jr.
(b) Willis Thompson.
(c) Roger Morris.
(d) Ky Ebright.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the author say "it began to rain in Seattle as it had never rained before and has never rained since" in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5?
2. What was one of the derogatory nicknames that the richer students of the University of Washington called Joe Rantz?
3. What was the name of the custom-built sectional boat that Sir Henry Stanley used to search for Dr. David Livingstone in Central Africa in 1874?
4. When was the Aurora Bridge opened?
5. What was the name of the University of Washington student that accidentally set himself on fire during a bonfire and was killed in 1933?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)