|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Resiliency, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was George Pocock born?
(a) December 14, 1895.
(b) October 9, 1900.
(c) March 23, 1891.
(d) March 31, 1914.
2. What was the name of the swing band that Roger Morris played with for extra money on the weekends while attending school at the University of Washington?
(a) The White Notes.
(b) The Blue Lyres.
(c) The Green Keys.
(d) The Black-jackets.
3. On what date did Joyce Simdar's family home burn to the ground?
(a) March 4, 1933.
(b) October 9, 1926.
(c) March 11, 1911.
(d) September 29, 1929.
4. Where did Harry go to fetch a doctor when Thula went into labor in November of 1924?
(a) Mammoth, California.
(b) Sequim, Washington.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Bonners Ferry, Idaho.
5. Who was Joe Rantz's music teacher in Sequim?
(a) Miss Willis.
(b) Miss Stanley.
(c) Miss Paul.
(d) Miss Flatebo.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the author say "it began to rain in Seattle as it had never rained before and has never rained since" in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5?
2. Who was the first person to cross the United States by motor vehicle, traveling by motorcycle from San Francisco to New York?
3. What was the name of the custom-built sectional boat that Sir Henry Stanley used to search for Dr. David Livingstone in Central Africa in 1874?
4. How far did Roger Morris walk to the University of Washington each day from his parents' home in Fremont?
5. Where was Joyce Simdar sent to live with an aunt after her family's home burned down?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)