|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Resiliency, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did Roger Morris walk to the University of Washington each day from his parents' home in Fremont?
(a) 1.5 miles.
(b) 5.5 miles.
(c) 16 miles.
(d) 2.5 miles.
2. What was the name of the swing band that Roger Morris played with for extra money on the weekends while attending school at the University of Washington?
(a) The Green Keys.
(b) The Black-jackets.
(c) The Blue Lyres.
(d) The White Notes.
3. Who was the coxswain of the varsity boat that raced against the freshmen at the University of Washington in Part 2: Resiliency, Chapter 6?
(a) Angus Hay Jr.
(b) Willis Thompson.
(c) Harry Rantz.
(d) Harvey Love.
4. Who was the first person to cross the United States by motor vehicle, traveling by motorcycle from San Francisco to New York?
(a) George A. Wyman.
(b) Roger Morris.
(c) Angus Hay Jr.
(d) Tom Bolles.
5. What word from Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 3 refers to an even balance or distribution of weight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the University of Washington student that accidentally set himself on fire during a bonfire and was killed in 1933?
2. What word from the narrative refers to a boat race?
3. What was the name of Roger Morris's family's moving business?
4. When was the Aurora Bridge opened?
5. In what year did Hiram Conibear die?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)