|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Johnny White's mother?
(a) Maimie White.
(b) Dorothy White.
(c) Doris White.
(d) Elizabeth White.
2. How many of the original 175 boys were still in competition for a seat in the first two freshman boats at the University of Washington on October 30, 1933?
3. How many inches of rain does the author describe falling at the University of Washington during the course of a month of flooding in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5?
(a) 19 and a half inches.
(b) 14 and a quarter inches.
(c) 12 and three-quarters of an inch.
(d) 10 and a half inches.
4. What word from Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 9 means noisy or clamorous?
5. What term refers to a boat with a narrow, flat bottom, high bow, and flaring sides?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was George Pocock born?
2. Of the Grand Coulee Dam, the narrator says it was "so massive that by the time it was finished it would be the largest masonry structure built since" what?
3. How many men worked in the kitchen for the cafeteria of the Grand Coulee Dam site when Joe Rantz worked there?
4. George Pocock grew up in and around the boathouse of what prominent school?
5. In what country was George Pocock born?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)