|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the Grand Coulee Dam, the narrator says it was "so massive that by the time it was finished it would be the largest masonry structure built since" what?
(a) The Sears Tower.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The Great Pyramid at Giza.
(d) The Great Wall of China.
2. On what river was the Grand Coulee dam site where Joe Rantz worked?
(a) The Klamath River.
(b) The Colorado River.
(c) The Sacramento River.
(d) The Columbia River.
3. What was one of the derogatory nicknames that the richer students of the University of Washington called Joe Rantz?
(a) Hobo Joe.
(b) Jumpin' Joe.
(c) Smoking Joe.
(d) Chief Joe.
4. What word from Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 3 refers to an even balance or distribution of weight?
5. Who were the brothers that were in the all-sophomore boat and the JV boat and sustained a sibling rivalry in Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 9?
(a) Sid and George Lund.
(b) Roger and Andrew Morris.
(c) Jim and Paul Hunt.
(d) Ky and James Ebright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the business where Joe visited his father at work in Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 9?
2. The first American intercollegiate crew race in America took place in what year?
3. Who wrote an exuberant account of the Cal-Washington varsity regatta for the Associated Press in 1934?
4. When was the first Intercollegiate Rowing Association Regatta held?
5. What was the name of Johnny White's mother?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)