|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the area called where Joe Rantz rented a cheap room while working at the Grand Coulee Dam site?
(a) Shack Town.
(b) Dinghy Pond.
(d) Jackson Square.
2. On what body of water was the first intercollegiate crew race held in the United States?
(a) Langer See.
(b) Lake Siskiyou.
(c) Montlake Cut.
(d) Lake Winnepesaukee.
3. What was Chuck Day's father's profession?
(a) He was a butcher.
(b) He was a dentist.
(c) He was a shipbuilder.
(d) He was a professor.
4. What was the name of the shell that the freshman crew raced in Poughkeepsie in 1934?
(a) The Seattle Mariner.
(b) The City of Seattle.
(c) The SS Manhattan.
(d) The Husky Clipper.
5. When was the first Intercollegiate Rowing Association Regatta held?
(a) June 24, 1895.
(b) March 31, 1914.
(c) March 11, 1911.
(d) September 29, 1829.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Johnny White's mother?
2. On what date did George Pocock and his brother Dick first arrive in Vancouver, Canada?
3. When was George Pocock born?
4. How far did Roger Morris walk to the University of Washington each day from his parents' home in Fremont?
5. When did Stanford University first compete in the IRA Regatta?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)