|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the original 175 boys were still in competition for a seat in the first two freshman boats at the University of Washington on October 30, 1933?
2. Who was the senior that Ulbrickson swapped out for George Morry as coxswain on the sophomore boat at Poughkeepsie in 1935?
(a) Ed Stanley.
(b) Wink Winslow.
(c) George Hunt.
(d) Russell Callow.
3. What sports writer for the Seattle Post-Intelligencer had been "loudly backing the cause of the sophomores for months" before the regatta in Poughkeepsie in 1935, according to the author in Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 10?
(a) Royal Brougham.
(b) Avery Brundage.
(c) Charlie McDonald.
(d) Ed Stanley.
4. What was one of the derogatory nicknames that the richer students of the University of Washington called Joe Rantz?
(a) Chief Joe.
(b) Hobo Joe.
(c) Jumpin' Joe.
(d) Smoking Joe.
5. On what date does the author say "it began to rain in Seattle as it had never rained before and has never rained since" in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5?
(a) July 1, 1933.
(b) December 2, 1933.
(c) March 4, 1933.
(d) March 31, 1914.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the time of the University of California at Berkeley's crew in their heat for the 1936 Olympic trials?
2. Who was the president of both the AAU and the American Olympic Committee in 1935?
3. What was the name of the University of Washington's football team before they became the Huskies?
4. What word from Part 3: The Parts That Really Matter, Chapter 10 refers to a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd?
5. By what name did the dust storm that hit on April 14, 1935 become known?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)