|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Touching the Divine, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Seattle's professional hockey team, the Metropolitans, become the first American team to win the Stanley Cup?
2. How many crews competed for the right to go to Berlin's 1936 Olympics in Princeton?
3. Who was the senior that Ulbrickson swapped out for George Morry as coxswain on the sophomore boat at Poughkeepsie in 1935?
(a) Ed Stanley.
(b) George Hunt.
(c) Wink Winslow.
(d) Russell Callow.
4. Who was the head of Cornell's rowing program at the Olympic trials in 1936?
(a) Jim Wray.
(b) Charlie McDonald.
(c) Lloyd Saxton.
(d) Ed Stanley.
5. Who was the champion sculler from the 1904 Olympics that attended the 1936 Olympic trials for rowing?
(a) Constance Titus.
(b) Lloyd Saxton.
(c) Charlie McDonald.
(d) Jim Wray.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many inches of rain does the author describe falling at the University of Washington during the course of a month of flooding in Part 1: What Seasons They Have Been Through, Chapter 5?
2. How many of the original 175 boys were still in competition for a seat in the first two freshman boats at the University of Washington on October 30, 1933?
3. What was the name of the racing vessel that the University of Washington crew took to Poughkeepsie in 1936?
4. What was the name of the swing band that Roger Morris played with for extra money on the weekends while attending school at the University of Washington?
5. What was the name of Roger Morris's family's moving business?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)