|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how much did Trywell receive for a kilo of tobacco?
2. How long were the pieces of bamboo that William wired against each windmill blade for reinforcement?
3. What color were the paper bills that Gilbert used to buy the dynamo for William?
4. How many people did William have to speak in front of at the TED conference?
5. What English word did William want to look up when he found a book that changed his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tom Reilly help William raise money?
2. When Tom Reilly asked William what his goals were, what did William say?
3. How did William try to make biogas?
4. How did William and his father feel about the harvest in Chapter 10?
5. Describe the place where William put his windmill together.
6. Why wouldn't William allow his sisters to sweep or clean his room?
7. What pressure did William feel after his windmill was completed?
8. Who did Dr. Mchazime bring to interview William?
9. What did Tom Reilly do after the TED conference?
10. Why did William want a battery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
William's Uncle John died. Discuss the reactions to his death.
Essay Topic 2
William referred to a famine as a time of trouble. Discuss the famine and its causes and effects.
Essay Topic 3
After William had to drop out of school, he began going to the library in an attempt to keep up with his studies. Discuss the efforts William made to further his education.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)