|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountain did William see in Tanzania?
2. How many electron tubes did William say were in a color television?
3. How many turns did a secondary coil of a step-up transformer have in a diagram?
4. How long did Agnes stay at her parents' home?
5. How long did it take William to dig up an old pipe that had been buried under an old bathhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the library like at Wimbe Primary School?
2. How did William believe that a windmill would help him and his family?
3. How did William and his father feel about the harvest in Chapter 10?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how did William waste time in the trading center?
5. How did money from donors help William help his family?
6. Why was it difficult for William to read on his own books from the library?
7. How did William try to make biogas?
8. Where did William get the wire that he needed to get lighting into his room?
9. Who were some of the people who came to see William's windmill in Chapter 11?
10. How would people charge their mobile phones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When William was a young boy, magic ruled his world. The objective of this lesson is to compare and contrast how William and his father viewed magic.
Essay Topic 2
In 2006, people outside Wimbe discovered William and his windmill. Discuss how William and his windmill were discovered by the outside world.
Essay Topic 3
Malawi had many energy problems. Discuss the energy problems in Malawi and the effects of the lack of energy.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)