|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What English word did William want to look up when he found a book that changed his life?
2. How long did Agnes stay at her parents' home?
3. How many turns did the primary coil of a step-up transformer have in a diagram?
4. How many page results came up on Google for the word "windmill"?
5. When did William attend the TED conference?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tom Reilly do after the TED conference?
2. How did money from donors help William help his family?
3. How did Tom Reilly help William raise money?
4. When William was in Tanzania, what was similar about what he saw in that country and what he would have seen at home?
5. Why did William want a battery?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how did William waste time in the trading center?
7. Describe how the belts worked that William used to replace the chain on his windmill.
8. Who did Dr. Mchazime bring to interview William?
9. What happened to many boys who dropped out of school?
10. Why wouldn't William allow his sisters to sweep or clean his room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After a visit to the casinos in Las Vegas, William went to sleep dreaming of Malawi, and all the things made possible when dreams are powered by the heart. The objective of this lesson is to discuss William's dreams for the future.
Essay Topic 2
William shared good times and bad times in his autobiography. Discuss the overall mood of the book.
Essay Topic 3
William and his friend Geoffrey used ingenuity to learn how to fix radios. Discuss ingenuity and how William and his friend Geoffrey used ingenuity for their projects.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)