|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of William's body was injured when he climbed his tower to fix the chain on his windmill?
2. How many hours did it take William to bore holes in his windmill blades?
3. Where was the best place for William to find materials for his windmill?
4. After Tom helped William buy materials to upgrade his windmill, how many days did it take William and other workers to make the changes?
5. How long did it take Agnes and her daughters to cut wood for cooking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were some of the people who came to see William's windmill in Chapter 11?
2. Describe the place where William put his windmill together.
3. What pressure did William feel after his windmill was completed?
4. Why wouldn't William allow his sisters to sweep or clean his room?
5. What setbacks did Dr. Mchazime have as a boy?
6. How did the word get out about William's windmills?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how did William waste time in the trading center?
8. Why was it difficult for William to read on his own books from the library?
9. How did William get rid of termites when a beam fell from his bedroom ceiling?
10. Describe how the belts worked that William used to replace the chain on his windmill.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
William found a book that explained the uses of windmills. Discuss how a windmill would benefit William and his family.
Essay Topic 2
After successfully building the windmill, William tried inventing other things. Discuss William's successes and failures as an inventor. Did he have more successes or failures?
Essay Topic 3
In 2006, people outside Wimbe discovered William and his windmill. Discuss how William and his windmill were discovered by the outside world.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)