|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many turns did the primary coil of a step-up transformer have in a diagram?
2. How many hours did it take William to bore holes in his windmill blades?
3. What was the name of the housekeeper at the house where William stayed when he was at school?
4. How many days after the second term of school started were school fees due?
5. How long did William keep a book called Explaining Physics and study it daily?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William believe that a windmill would help him and his family?
2. When Tom Reilly asked William what his goals were, what did William say?
3. How did William get rid of termites when a beam fell from his bedroom ceiling?
4. Why was it difficult for William to read on his own books from the library?
5. How did William and his father feel about the harvest in Chapter 10?
6. How did William's father help him indirectly as William began his windmill project?
7. What did Tom Reilly do after the TED conference?
8. Why did William want a battery?
9. What setbacks did Dr. Mchazime have as a boy?
10. When William was in Tanzania, what was similar about what he saw in that country and what he would have seen at home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
William shared good times and bad times in his autobiography. Discuss the overall mood of the book.
Essay Topic 2
The village chief dictated how John's property would be dispersed after his death. Discuss the role of the village chief in Malawi.
Essay Topic 3
William would never have been able to get his windmill started without the help of his friends. Discuss how William's friends helped him with the windmill project.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)