|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the falls in southern Malawi where the hydro plants were?
2. Where did Soyapi Mumba work?
3. What was the name of the man who did welding?
4. How many hours did it take William to bore holes in his windmill blades?
5. How far was Chipumba from William's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the place where William put his windmill together.
2. Who did Dr. Mchazime bring to interview William?
3. When William was in Tanzania, what was similar about what he saw in that country and what he would have seen at home?
4. How did Tom Reilly help William raise money?
5. What did Tom Reilly do after the TED conference?
6. How did William try to make biogas?
7. How did William believe that a windmill would help him and his family?
8. What pressure did William feel after his windmill was completed?
9. What happened to many boys who dropped out of school?
10. How did William get a dynamo for his windmill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
William found a book that explained the uses of windmills. Discuss how a windmill would benefit William and his family.
Essay Topic 2
William's Uncle John died. Discuss the reactions to his death.
Essay Topic 3
Once the windmill was working, William began to wire his room for electricity. Discuss the problems William faced when he installed electricity in his room and house and how he solved them.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)