|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the first place where the dowe was ready?
2. What did Agnes' father do for a living?
3. Where did Trywell live when he was a trader?
4. How many sacks of grain did William's family harvest in the year 2000?
5. In Chapter 7, when did daily rains return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't the Malawian government have any surplus food when other sources ran out?
2. How did William's parents meet?
3. What happened when Trywell went to the bank in Kasungu to withdraw his last savings?
4. What would William and Geoffrey use as a power source when they were fixing radios?
5. Why was cholera a terrible way to die?
6. What precautions were taken to help stop the spread of cholera?
7. How did John, Trywell's brother die?
8. How did William and his friends make toy trucks?
9. What did Trywell tell William they would do about those who stole the Kamkwamba's crops?
10. How did William persuade the headmaster at school to allow him to attend school even though William didn't have the proper footwear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
William shared good times and bad times in his autobiography. Discuss the overall mood of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss step-up transformers and how and why William built one.
Essay Topic 3
Along with the rains came cholera. Discuss cholera and its effects in Malawi.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)