|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was William's school from Gilbert's house?
2. What religion did Gilbert's family follow?
3. What was the Malawian word for maize?
4. On what day did Malawians celebrate their independence from England?
5. What school was William chosen for after his exams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Trywell went to the bank in Kasungu to withdraw his last savings?
2. How did farming change after President Banda retired?
3. What were hunts like when Trywell was a young man?
4. How did William say that his father saved him from certain death when William was 6?
5. What bit of luck did Geoffrey have during a storm?
6. How did Malawians eat maize?
7. How did Trywell build a two-room house for his family?
8. Who was Banda?
9. How did William's parents meet?
10. How did William describe courtship rituals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 2006, people outside Wimbe discovered William and his windmill. Discuss how William and his windmill were discovered by the outside world.
Essay Topic 2
William would never have been able to get his windmill started without the help of his friends. Discuss how William's friends helped him with the windmill project.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss step-up transformers and how and why William built one.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)