|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time would William get up during planting season?
2. What disease killed the chickens before Christmas of 2001?
3. What did William's family use to find their way at night?
4. What would William have to steal sometimes to be allowed in Charity's clubhouse?
5. How many cakes did Agnes make a day to sell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Trywell tell William they would do about those who stole the Kamkwamba's crops?
2. What happened when Trywell went to the bank in Kasungu to withdraw his last savings?
3. Describe the hole that was dug for coffins.
4. Who were William's friends?
5. How did John, Trywell's brother die?
6. As the famine wore on, why didn't maize mill owners need a broom any more?
7. What was the "hungry season"?
8. Why did Trywell hand over John's business to John's first-born son?
9. What were hunts like when Trywell was a young man?
10. Why was cholera a terrible way to die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once the windmill was working, William began to wire his room for electricity. Discuss the problems William faced when he installed electricity in his room and house and how he solved them.
Essay Topic 2
William referred to a famine as a time of trouble. Discuss the famine and its causes and effects.
Essay Topic 3
William and his friend Geoffrey used ingenuity to learn how to fix radios. Discuss ingenuity and how William and his friend Geoffrey used ingenuity for their projects.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)