|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ears of maize did Geoffrey and William eat the first afternoon it was ready?
2. What were the fees for secondary school?
3. In Chapter 7, how many people did William say lived in Malawi?
4. How did William's grandfather's grandmother die?
5. On Christmas Day, 2001, what song did William hear from the radio in his sister's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the belts worked that William used to replace the chain on his windmill.
2. Who were some of the people who came to see William's windmill in Chapter 11?
3. Describe the lamps the Kamkwamba family used to find their way at night.
4. What did Tom Reilly do after the TED conference?
5. How did William get rid of termites when a beam fell from his bedroom ceiling?
6. Where did William get the wire that he needed to get lighting into his room?
7. How would people charge their mobile phones?
8. What setbacks did Dr. Mchazime have as a boy?
9. How did the word get out about William's windmills?
10. Who did Dr. Mchazime bring to interview William?
Essay Topic 1
William shared good times and bad times in his autobiography. Discuss the overall mood of the book.
Essay Topic 2
After William had to drop out of school, he began going to the library in an attempt to keep up with his studies. Discuss the efforts William made to further his education.
Essay Topic 3
After successfully building the windmill, William tried inventing other things. Discuss William's successes and failures as an inventor. Did he have more successes or failures?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)