|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Agnes' father do for a living?
2. How many years did Banda rule Malawi?
3. What school was William attending in Chapter 4?
4. In what year was William born?
5. How long did children believe it took witch planes to travel to Zambia and London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William say that his father saved him from certain death when William was 6?
2. Who were William's friends?
3. Describe the lamps the Kamkwamba family used to find their way at night.
4. What plan did Trywell devise to keep his family alive during the famine?
5. How did William's parents meet?
6. What precautions were taken to help stop the spread of cholera?
7. What did Trywell tell William they would do about those who stole the Kamkwamba's crops?
8. How did Trywell build a two-room house for his family?
9. As the famine wore on, why didn't maize mill owners need a broom any more?
10. Describe the hole that was dug for coffins.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
William found a book that explained the uses of windmills. Discuss how a windmill would benefit William and his family.
Essay Topic 2
Malawi had many energy problems. Discuss the energy problems in Malawi and the effects of the lack of energy.
Essay Topic 3
William shared good times and bad times in his autobiography. Discuss the overall mood of the book.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)