|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charity and William try to eat on Christmas 2001?
2. What animal was bothering a village in Chapter 1?
3. How many chickens were alive by Christmas in 2001?
4. Where was William sent to try to get food from the ADMARC?
5. What was the only meat that William's family had to eat sometimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the forests of Malawi?
2. How did William describe courtship rituals?
3. How did farming change after President Banda retired?
4. What happened when Trywell went to the bank in Kasungu to withdraw his last savings?
5. Why was cholera a terrible way to die?
6. Why didn't the Malawian government have any surplus food when other sources ran out?
7. How did Trywell build a two-room house for his family?
8. What was the "hungry season"?
9. Who were William's friends?
10. What would William and Geoffrey use as a power source when they were fixing radios?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once the windmill was working, William began to wire his room for electricity. Discuss the problems William faced when he installed electricity in his room and house and how he solved them.
Essay Topic 2
After a visit to the casinos in Las Vegas, William went to sleep dreaming of Malawi, and all the things made possible when dreams are powered by the heart. The objective of this lesson is to discuss William's dreams for the future.
Essay Topic 3
After successfully building the windmill, William tried inventing other things. Discuss William's successes and failures as an inventor. Did he have more successes or failures?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)