|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sacks of grain did William's family harvest in the year 2000?
2. On Christmas Day, 2001, what song did William hear from the radio in his sister's room?
3. How far did people have to go to get fuel at the petrol station in Mtunthama?
4. When was the first time that William had seen President Muluzi?
5. Where was William sent to try to get food from the ADMARC?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did farming change after President Banda retired?
2. What precautions were taken to help stop the spread of cholera?
3. Who were William's friends?
4. Why were radios so important in Malawi?
5. What plan did Trywell devise to keep his family alive during the famine?
6. What would William and Geoffrey use as a power source when they were fixing radios?
7. How did William describe courtship rituals?
8. How did Malawians eat maize?
9. How did John, Trywell's brother die?
10. Why was a black rhino a problem to the people in a village in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
William shared good times and bad times in his autobiography. Discuss the overall mood of the book.
Essay Topic 2
William found a book that explained the uses of windmills. Discuss how a windmill would benefit William and his family.
Essay Topic 3
William's Uncle John died. Discuss the reactions to his death.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)