|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pails of grain could be gotten from a bag of grain?
2. In 2002, when was the tobacco ready to prune?
3. What disease killed the chickens before Christmas of 2001?
4. How many days did William spend with his grandparents after he tried to get mangolomera?
5. What were witches and wizards supposedly allergic to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Banda?
2. How did William's family celebrate Christmas before the famine?
3. What bit of luck did Geoffrey have during a storm?
4. How did Trywell build a two-room house for his family?
5. How did John, Trywell's brother die?
6. Describe the lamps the Kamkwamba family used to find their way at night.
7. Why were radios so important in Malawi?
8. What did William determine to do after he failed to get into the secondary school that he wanted to attend?
9. How did Khamba die?
10. How did farming change after President Banda retired?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Christmas was far from normal in 2001. Compare and contrast Christmas before and during the 2001 famine.
Essay Topic 2
William shared good times and bad times in his autobiography. Discuss the overall mood of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Once the windmill was working, William began to wire his room for electricity. Discuss the problems William faced when he installed electricity in his room and house and how he solved them.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)