|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the famine, which of William's sisters contracted malaria?
2. What were the best batteries for William and Geoffrey to use for their radio repair business?
3. What game did William begin playing as he started to grow up?
4. How many cakes did Agnes make a day to sell?
5. What was the highest grade that William received on his primary school exams?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William describe courtship rituals?
2. How did Khamba die?
3. How did William and his friends make toy trucks?
4. What did Trywell tell William they would do about those who stole the Kamkwamba's crops?
5. How did farming change after President Banda retired?
6. What happened when Trywell went to the bank in Kasungu to withdraw his last savings?
7. What would William and Geoffrey use as a power source when they were fixing radios?
8. How did William persuade the headmaster at school to allow him to attend school even though William didn't have the proper footwear?
9. How did William say that his father saved him from certain death when William was 6?
10. Who were William's friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After successfully building the windmill, William tried inventing other things. Discuss William's successes and failures as an inventor. Did he have more successes or failures?
Essay Topic 2
William found a book that explained the uses of windmills. Discuss how a windmill would benefit William and his family.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss step-up transformers and how and why William built one.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)