|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did William take his Standard Eight final exam?
2. What was the normal seasonal price of maize?
3. How far did William have to walk to his new school?
4. How many weeks could it take for tobacco to dry?
5. What percent of Malawians did William say had electricity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Trywell hand over John's business to John's first-born son?
2. What happened when Trywell went to the bank in Kasungu to withdraw his last savings?
3. How did William and his friends make toy trucks?
4. What bit of luck did Geoffrey have during a storm?
5. Who were William's friends?
6. Why were radios so important in Malawi?
7. What happened to the forests of Malawi?
8. Describe the hole that was dug for coffins.
9. How did William describe courtship rituals?
10. How did Trywell build a two-room house for his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When William was a young boy, magic ruled his world. The objective of this lesson is to compare and contrast how William and his father viewed magic.
Essay Topic 2
Christmas was far from normal in 2001. Compare and contrast Christmas before and during the 2001 famine.
Essay Topic 3
After a visit to the casinos in Las Vegas, William went to sleep dreaming of Malawi, and all the things made possible when dreams are powered by the heart. The objective of this lesson is to discuss William's dreams for the future.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)