|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school did William hope he would be assigned to after his exams?
2. When did William receive his grades for his Standard Eight final exam?
3. How often did William's grandfather visit William's family?
4. In Chapter 7, how many people did William say lived in Malawi?
5. How many years did Banda rule Malawi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William's family celebrate Christmas before the famine?
2. As the famine wore on, why didn't maize mill owners need a broom any more?
3. What happened to Chief Wimbe after he spoke and asked the president to buy grain?
4. What happened to the forests of Malawi?
5. How did Malawians eat maize?
6. What were hunts like when Trywell was a young man?
7. How did Trywell build a two-room house for his family?
8. What did Trywell tell William they would do about those who stole the Kamkwamba's crops?
9. How did William describe courtship rituals?
10. How did farming change after President Banda retired?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
William found a book that explained the uses of windmills. Discuss how a windmill would benefit William and his family.
Essay Topic 2
William's greatest fear was that he would end up like his father. Discuss why William feared becoming like his father.
Essay Topic 3
Malawi had many energy problems. Discuss the energy problems in Malawi and the effects of the lack of energy.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)