Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did William's grandfather's grandmother die?
2. How far did people who lived near Wimbe have to travel to find a handful of wood?
3. Where did William's people live many generations ago?
4. Where did Trywell live when he was a trader?
5. What was the highest grade that William received on his primary school exams?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Trywell build a two-room house for his family?
2. What bit of luck did Geoffrey have during a storm?
3. What happened to the forests of Malawi?
4. Why was it difficult for William to read on his own books from the library?
5. Describe how the belts worked that William used to replace the chain on his windmill.
6. What would William and Geoffrey use as a power source when they were fixing radios?
7. What happened when Trywell went to the bank in Kasungu to withdraw his last savings?
8. How did the word get out about William's windmills?
9. How did William get rid of termites when a beam fell from his bedroom ceiling?
10. Why wouldn't William allow his sisters to sweep or clean his room?
After successfully building the windmill, William tried inventing other things. Discuss William's successes and failures as an inventor. Did he have more successes or failures?
After a visit to the casinos in Las Vegas, William went to sleep dreaming of Malawi, and all the things made possible when dreams are powered by the heart. The objective of this lesson is to discuss William's dreams for the future.
When William was a young boy, magic ruled his world. The objective of this lesson is to compare and contrast how William and his father viewed magic.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)