|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease swept the district shortly after Khamba died?
2. When did William receive his grades for his Standard Eight final exam?
3. What were the best batteries for William and Geoffrey to use for their radio repair business?
4. Where was the first place where the dowe was ready?
5. What was the lowest grade that William received on his primary school exams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the "hungry season"?
2. What would William and Geoffrey use as a power source when they were fixing radios?
3. How did William describe courtship rituals?
4. What did Trywell tell William they would do about those who stole the Kamkwamba's crops?
5. Why was a black rhino a problem to the people in a village in Chapter 1?
6. What happened when Trywell went to the bank in Kasungu to withdraw his last savings?
7. What happened to the forests of Malawi?
8. Who were William's friends?
9. Why didn't the Malawian government have any surplus food when other sources ran out?
10. How did William's parents meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
William and his friend Geoffrey used ingenuity to learn how to fix radios. Discuss ingenuity and how William and his friend Geoffrey used ingenuity for their projects.
Essay Topic 2
Christmas was far from normal in 2001. Compare and contrast Christmas before and during the 2001 famine.
Essay Topic 3
After a visit to the casinos in Las Vegas, William went to sleep dreaming of Malawi, and all the things made possible when dreams are powered by the heart. The objective of this lesson is to discuss William's dreams for the future.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)