|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave William some gum to chew?
2. In Chapter 6, how much tobacco were the Kamkwambas able to plant?
3. How many chickens were alive by Christmas in 2001?
4. How much did William's father have to pay for the gumballs?
5. How far did people have to go to get fuel at the petrol station in Mtunthama?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Khamba die?
2. How did John, Trywell's brother die?
3. What did William determine to do after he failed to get into the secondary school that he wanted to attend?
4. What bit of luck did Geoffrey have during a storm?
5. Why did Trywell hand over John's business to John's first-born son?
6. Why was cholera a terrible way to die?
7. How did William and his friends make toy trucks?
8. How did William describe courtship rituals?
9. Who were William's friends?
10. Describe the lamps the Kamkwamba family used to find their way at night.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After successfully building the windmill, William tried inventing other things. Discuss William's successes and failures as an inventor. Did he have more successes or failures?
Essay Topic 2
After a visit to the casinos in Las Vegas, William went to sleep dreaming of Malawi, and all the things made possible when dreams are powered by the heart. The objective of this lesson is to discuss William's dreams for the future.
Essay Topic 3
After William had to drop out of school, he began going to the library in an attempt to keep up with his studies. Discuss the efforts William made to further his education.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)