|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school did William hope he would be assigned to after his exams?
2. Where did the government produce electricity for Malawi?
3. What interest rate were traders and businessmen charging as the famine dragged on?
4. What month did William say was harvest time in Malawi?
5. What disease killed the chickens before Christmas of 2001?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the lamps the Kamkwamba family used to find their way at night.
2. As the famine wore on, why didn't maize mill owners need a broom any more?
3. Who did Dr. Mchazime bring to interview William?
4. How did William's family celebrate Christmas before the famine?
5. What pressure did William feel after his windmill was completed?
6. Who was Banda?
7. Why were radios so important in Malawi?
8. Why was cholera a terrible way to die?
9. How did the word get out about William's windmills?
10. What did Tom Reilly do after the TED conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
William found a book that explained the uses of windmills. Discuss how a windmill would benefit William and his family.
Essay Topic 2
William would never have been able to get his windmill started without the help of his friends. Discuss how William's friends helped him with the windmill project.
Essay Topic 3
In 2006, people outside Wimbe discovered William and his windmill. Discuss how William and his windmill were discovered by the outside world.
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)