|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did William's father have to pay for the gumballs?
2. In Chapter 6, how much tobacco were the Kamkwambas able to plant?
3. What were the best batteries for William and Geoffrey to use for their radio repair business?
4. On Christmas Day, 2001, what song did William hear from the radio in his sister's room?
5. What occupation did most Malawian men pursue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William's father help him indirectly as William began his windmill project?
2. How did Gerry Douglas get Malawi's medical records on computer?
3. When William was in Tanzania, what was similar about what he saw in that country and what he would have seen at home?
4. Why was a black rhino a problem to the people in a village in Chapter 1?
5. How did Malawians eat maize?
6. What happened to the forests of Malawi?
7. Who were William's friends?
8. Who was Banda?
9. What were hunts like when Trywell was a young man?
10. How did John, Trywell's brother die?
Essay Topic 1
William and his friend Geoffrey used ingenuity to learn how to fix radios. Discuss ingenuity and how William and his friend Geoffrey used ingenuity for their projects.
Essay Topic 2
William's greatest fear was that he would end up like his father. Discuss why William feared becoming like his father.
Essay Topic 3
The village chief dictated how John's property would be dispersed after his death. Discuss the role of the village chief in Malawi.
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)