|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the dowe ready in the Kamkwamba's fields?
2. After the new president came to power in Malawi, how much did a bag of fertilizer cost?
3. How far did people who lived near Wimbe have to travel to find a handful of wood?
4. How far did William's father have to walk to find the trader who had had his gumballs stolen?
5. In what year was William born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William persuade the headmaster at school to allow him to attend school even though William didn't have the proper footwear?
2. What would William and Geoffrey use as a power source when they were fixing radios?
3. What did William determine to do after he failed to get into the secondary school that he wanted to attend?
4. Why was cholera a terrible way to die?
5. What was the "hungry season"?
6. What happened to Chief Wimbe after he spoke and asked the president to buy grain?
7. Describe the hole that was dug for coffins.
8. What bit of luck did Geoffrey have during a storm?
9. How did William's parents meet?
10. What plan did Trywell devise to keep his family alive during the famine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After successfully building the windmill, William tried inventing other things. Discuss William's successes and failures as an inventor. Did he have more successes or failures?
Essay Topic 2
After William had to drop out of school, he began going to the library in an attempt to keep up with his studies. Discuss the efforts William made to further his education.
Essay Topic 3
William's Uncle John died. Discuss the reactions to his death.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)