|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had President Muluzi promised everyone if he won the election to become president?
2. What parable did William remember and tell Geoffrey in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 7, how many people did William say lived in Malawi?
4. How many radio stations were available in Malawi for many years?
5. How many weeks could it take for tobacco to dry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Trywell tell William they would do about those who stole the Kamkwamba's crops?
2. What happened to Chief Wimbe after he spoke and asked the president to buy grain?
3. What were hunts like when Trywell was a young man?
4. What plan did Trywell devise to keep his family alive during the famine?
5. How did William describe courtship rituals?
6. What happened when Trywell went to the bank in Kasungu to withdraw his last savings?
7. How did Malawians eat maize?
8. What happened to the forests of Malawi?
9. Who was Banda?
10. How did farming change after President Banda retired?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After successfully building the windmill, William tried inventing other things. Discuss William's successes and failures as an inventor. Did he have more successes or failures?
Essay Topic 2
William found a book that explained the uses of windmills. Discuss how a windmill would benefit William and his family.
Essay Topic 3
After a visit to the casinos in Las Vegas, William went to sleep dreaming of Malawi, and all the things made possible when dreams are powered by the heart. The objective of this lesson is to discuss William's dreams for the future.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)