|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was it rumored that some farmers caught men in their fields and cut off the men's arms?
2. What did Uncle John die from?
3. What would William have to steal sometimes to be allowed in Charity's clubhouse?
4. How many sacks of grain did William's family harvest in the year 2000?
5. When did the first rains usually come to Malawi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Khamba die?
2. How did William and his father feel about the harvest in Chapter 10?
3. How would people charge their mobile phones?
4. What was the library like at Wimbe Primary School?
5. What would William and Geoffrey use as a power source when they were fixing radios?
6. What bit of luck did Geoffrey have during a storm?
7. Who did Dr. Mchazime bring to interview William?
8. How did farming change after President Banda retired?
9. How did William get a dynamo for his windmill?
10. How did William say that his father saved him from certain death when William was 6?
Essay Topic 1
Along with the rains came cholera. Discuss cholera and its effects in Malawi.
Essay Topic 2
Once the windmill was working, William began to wire his room for electricity. Discuss the problems William faced when he installed electricity in his room and house and how he solved them.
Essay Topic 3
William shared good times and bad times in his autobiography. Discuss the overall mood of the book.
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)