|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did Dr. Mchazime have to drive to Wimbe?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
2. How much did Gilbert spend to buy nuts and bolts for William?
(a) 75 kwacha.
(b) 50 kwacha.
(c) 25 kwacha.
(d) 15 kwacha.
3. What color were the paper bills that Gilbert used to buy the dynamo for William?
4. When did William attend the TED conference?
5. What time was recess at the secondary school that Gilbert attended?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 9:30 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 10:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a diagram in "Explaining Physics" how many volts were transformed to 240 in a step-up transformer?
2. What did William use to make a flathead screwdriver?
3. What was the name of the man who did welding?
4. What English word did William want to look up when he found a book that changed his life?
5. What was the name of the housekeeper at the house where William stayed when he was at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William and his father feel about the harvest in Chapter 10?
2. How would people charge their mobile phones?
3. What was the library like at Wimbe Primary School?
4. When Tom Reilly asked William what his goals were, what did William say?
5. How did William try to make biogas?
6. What pressure did William feel after his windmill was completed?
7. Where did William get the wire that he needed to get lighting into his room?
8. Why was it difficult for William to read on his own books from the library?
9. When William was in Tanzania, what was similar about what he saw in that country and what he would have seen at home?
10. Why did William want a battery?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)