|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Corneille Ewango from?
(b) South Africa.
2. What was the name of the man who did welding?
3. Who ran the school where William was finally accepted?
(a) Catholic missionaries.
(b) Methodist missionaries.
(c) Presbyterian missionaries.
(d) Baptist missionaries.
4. How did William use to protect his windmill poles from termites?
(a) Wrapped posts in black plastic.
(b) Put posts in plastic jugs.
(c) Covered posts with kerosene.
(d) Set posts in concrete.
5. Where did Soyapi Mumba work?
(a) Malawi Posts.
(b) Baobab Health.
(d) Illovo Sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did students call William when they saw him digging in the scrapyard?
2. What color were the paper bills that Gilbert used to buy the dynamo for William?
3. After Tom helped William buy materials to upgrade his windmill, how many days did it take William and other workers to make the changes?
4. How many turns did a secondary coil of a step-up transformer have in a diagram?
5. What was the name of the housekeeper at the house where William stayed when he was at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did William get the wire that he needed to get lighting into his room?
2. Why was it difficult for William to read on his own books from the library?
3. What setbacks did Dr. Mchazime have as a boy?
4. What happened when William tested his windmill for the first time?
5. How would people charge their mobile phones?
6. How did William's father help him indirectly as William began his windmill project?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how did William waste time in the trading center?
8. Who did Dr. Mchazime bring to interview William?
9. How did William get rid of termites when a beam fell from his bedroom ceiling?
10. How did Tom Reilly help William raise money?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)