|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did William attend the TED conference?
2. In a diagram in "Explaining Physics" how many volts were transformed to 240 in a step-up transformer?
3. How many page results came up on Google for the word "windmill"?
(a) 798, 543.
4. How far did Dr. Mchazime have to drive to Wimbe?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
5. How many turns did a secondary coil of a step-up transformer have in a diagram?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the group that William played when he was first testing his radio station?
2. How many meters of wire did William get from Charity?
3. How long were the pieces of bamboo that William wired against each windmill blade for reinforcement?
4. How much did the speed of the windmill blades and the voltage increase after William increased the height of his windmill tower?
5. How many people began showing up daily to see William's windmill after it was built?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't William allow his sisters to sweep or clean his room?
2. When William was in Tanzania, what was similar about what he saw in that country and what he would have seen at home?
3. How did William get rid of termites when a beam fell from his bedroom ceiling?
4. How would people charge their mobile phones?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how did William waste time in the trading center?
6. What did Tom Reilly do after the TED conference?
7. Why did William want a battery?
8. Why was it difficult for William to read on his own books from the library?
9. How did money from donors help William help his family?
10. What setbacks did Dr. Mchazime have as a boy?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)