|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the relative whose phone William charged the first time he charged a mobile phone?
2. What was the name of the falls in southern Malawi where the hydro plants were?
3. How many electron tubes did William say were in a color television?
4. How did William use to protect his windmill poles from termites?
(a) Wrapped posts in black plastic.
(b) Set posts in concrete.
(c) Put posts in plastic jugs.
(d) Covered posts with kerosene.
5. How many holes did William bore in each windmill blade?
Short Answer Questions
1. When William got a battery to store electricity, how long could energy be stored in the battery?
2. Where did Trywell take Agnes when she got a bad case of Malaria?
3. By the end of Chapter 12, how many times a day did William have to climb his tower to fix the windmill?
4. When did Michael Faraday invent the first transformer?
5. What was the name of the group that William played when he was first testing his radio station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the library like at Wimbe Primary School?
2. How did money from donors help William help his family?
3. Describe the place where William put his windmill together.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how did William waste time in the trading center?
5. How did William believe that a windmill would help him and his family?
6. Who were some of the people who came to see William's windmill in Chapter 11?
7. Why did William want a battery?
8. How did William and his father feel about the harvest in Chapter 10?
9. Why was it difficult for William to read on his own books from the library?
10. What pressure did William feel after his windmill was completed?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)