|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how much tobacco were the Kamkwambas able to plant?
(a) 2 acres.
(b) An acre.
(c) Half an acre.
(d) 3 acres.
2. How far did people have to go to get fuel at the petrol station in Mtunthama?
(a) 7 kilometers.
(b) 5 kilometers.
(c) 1 kilometer.
(d) 15 kilometers.
3. How many pails of grain could be gotten from a bag of grain?
4. What time of day did most Africans go to bed in the evening?
5. What did members of Uncle John's church sing when they went to his house and stayed all night and the next day?
(a) Abide With Me.
(b) Amazing Grace.
(c) This World Is Not My Home.
(d) There is a Balm in Gilead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did William's family use to find their way at night?
2. When did William take his Standard Eight final exam?
3. How many days did the Standard Eight final exam last?
4. How much did William's father have to pay for the gumballs?
5. How many radio stations were available in Malawi for many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Trywell hand over John's business to John's first-born son?
2. How did farming change after President Banda retired?
3. Who were William's friends?
4. How did William and his friends make toy trucks?
5. What happened to Chief Wimbe after he spoke and asked the president to buy grain?
6. How did William's parents meet?
7. How did Trywell build a two-room house for his family?
8. What precautions were taken to help stop the spread of cholera?
9. What were hunts like when Trywell was a young man?
10. What did William determine to do after he failed to get into the secondary school that he wanted to attend?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)