|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kingdom did King Shaka rule?
2. Who gave William some gum to chew?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) Herd boys.
(d) His father.
3. What did Agnes' father do for a living?
4. How often did William's grandfather visit William's family?
(a) Twice a year.
(b) Once a year.
(c) 1-2 times a month.
(d) 3 times a month.
5. When a terrible disease swept the district, how long would people live if they didn't receive treatment?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 4 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did William have to walk to his new school?
2. What were the best batteries for William and Geoffrey to use for their radio repair business?
3. As the maize disappeared, how much was gaga being sold for?
4. How far did people who lived near Wimbe have to travel to find a handful of wood?
5. How many radio stations were available in Malawi for many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Chief Wimbe after he spoke and asked the president to buy grain?
2. Why was a black rhino a problem to the people in a village in Chapter 1?
3. What did William determine to do after he failed to get into the secondary school that he wanted to attend?
4. How did Malawians eat maize?
5. Why didn't the Malawian government have any surplus food when other sources ran out?
6. How did William say that his father saved him from certain death when William was 6?
7. What plan did Trywell devise to keep his family alive during the famine?
8. Why was cholera a terrible way to die?
9. How did Trywell build a two-room house for his family?
10. Why were radios so important in Malawi?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)