|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only meat that William's family had to eat sometimes?
2. How many of Trywell's and John's sisters were already buried in the cemetery where John was buried?
3. What did William's family use to find their way at night?
(a) Kerosene lamps.
(c) Fires lit in front of their homes.
4. How much did William's father have to pay for the gumballs?
(a) 30 kwacha.
(b) A week's wages.
(c) 5 kwacha.
(d) 2 weeks wages.
5. How many days did the Standard Eight final exam last?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did William begin playing as he started to grow up?
2. How often did William's grandfather visit William's family?
3. What church did William's family attend?
4. What was the Malawian word for maize?
5. How many years did Banda rule Malawi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was a black rhino a problem to the people in a village in Chapter 1?
2. How did William and his friends make toy trucks?
3. How did William's parents meet?
4. As the famine wore on, why didn't maize mill owners need a broom any more?
5. How did Trywell build a two-room house for his family?
6. Why were radios so important in Malawi?
7. How did John, Trywell's brother die?
8. What did Trywell tell William they would do about those who stole the Kamkwamba's crops?
9. What would William and Geoffrey use as a power source when they were fixing radios?
10. What plan did Trywell devise to keep his family alive during the famine?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)