|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters did Uncle Socrates have?
2. What church did William's family attend?
3. In Chapter 6, how much did William's youngest sister weigh at birth?
(a) 4 pounds, 3 ounces.
(b) 6 pounds, 2 ounces.
(c) 5 pounds 1 ounce.
(d) 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
4. How many days did the Standard Eight final exam last?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
5. What was Uncle John's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did William's grandfather visit William's family?
2. How many cakes did Agnes make a day to sell?
3. How long did children believe it took witch planes to travel to Zambia and London?
4. How old was William when his Uncle John died?
5. What interest rate were traders and businessmen charging as the famine dragged on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were hunts like when Trywell was a young man?
2. Why were radios so important in Malawi?
3. What bit of luck did Geoffrey have during a storm?
4. How did Malawians eat maize?
5. What did William determine to do after he failed to get into the secondary school that he wanted to attend?
6. Why did Trywell hand over John's business to John's first-born son?
7. How did William describe courtship rituals?
8. How did Khamba die?
9. Why was cholera a terrible way to die?
10. What was the "hungry season"?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)