|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did William begin playing as he started to grow up?
(a) Tsoro Yematatu.
(b) Chigora Danda.
2. What church did William's family attend?
3. How far did people have to go to get fuel at the petrol station in Mtunthama?
(a) 1 kilometer.
(b) 7 kilometers.
(c) 5 kilometers.
(d) 15 kilometers.
4. How far did William's father have to walk to find the trader who had had his gumballs stolen?
(a) 8 kilometers.
(b) 5 kilometers.
(c) 4 kilometers.
(d) 7 kilometers.
5. During what month did Uncle John die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Uncle Socrates' occupation before he came to live on the farm?
2. When gaga ran low, what did traders mix with it?
3. What month did William say was harvest time in Malawi?
4. How far was William's school from Gilbert's house?
5. How much did William's father have to pay for the gumballs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William and his friends make toy trucks?
2. Why was cholera a terrible way to die?
3. What were hunts like when Trywell was a young man?
4. What happened to the forests of Malawi?
5. Why did Trywell hand over John's business to John's first-born son?
6. How did William say that his father saved him from certain death when William was 6?
7. What precautions were taken to help stop the spread of cholera?
8. How did Malawians eat maize?
9. How did William's parents meet?
10. What did William determine to do after he failed to get into the secondary school that he wanted to attend?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)