|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the best place for William to find materials for his windmill?
(a) Estate 24.
(b) Estate 37.
(c) Estate 5.
(d) Estate 15.
2. What English word did William want to look up when he found a book that changed his life?
3. How many electron tubes did William say were in a color television?
4. After William appeared in interviews on the radio and in newspapers, how high was he able to build his windmill tower?
(a) 51 feet.
(b) 29 feet.
(c) 36 feet.
(d) 40 feet.
5. When Tom Reilly approached people asking them to donate money for William's projects, what would some people hand Tom?
(a) Fifty-dollar bills.
(b) Generous checks.
(c) Twenty-dollar bills.
(d) Hundred-dollar bills.
6. When was Baobab founded?
7. In the shade of what tree did William put his windmill together?
(b) Blue gum.
8. What part of William's body was injured when he climbed his tower to fix the chain on his windmill?
9. How many hills would Geofrey have to ride up to get diesel?
10. How many years after William first had his idea for the windmill did he speak at the TED conference?
11. How long did it take Agnes and her daughters to cut wood for cooking?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
12. How many days after the second term of school started were school fees due?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 5 days.
13. How many page results came up on Google for the word "windmill"?
(c) 798, 543.
14. Who volunteered to be William's first investor?
(a) Tom Reilly.
(b) John Doert.
(c) Jay Walker.
(d) John Gage.
15. When did Agnes go to visit her parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the group that William played when he was first testing his radio station?
2. How long did William keep a book called Explaining Physics and study it daily?
3. What mountain did William see in Tanzania?
4. How long would it take for the trees that Agnes and her daughters cut to dry?
5. How did William use to protect his windmill poles from termites?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)