|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did William use to protect his windmill poles from termites?
(a) Covered posts with kerosene.
(b) Put posts in plastic jugs.
(c) Set posts in concrete.
(d) Wrapped posts in black plastic.
2. When did William attend the TED conference?
3. How many hills would Geofrey have to ride up to get diesel?
4. With the dynamo, how many volts did the windmill produce?
5. How many people began showing up daily to see William's windmill after it was built?
6. How many volts did a generator produce that used a treadmill motor?
7. Where was the best place for William to find materials for his windmill?
(a) Estate 15.
(b) Estate 5.
(c) Estate 24.
(d) Estate 37.
8. What English word did William want to look up when he found a book that changed his life?
9. What was the name of the housekeeper at the house where William stayed when he was at school?
10. How many years after William first had his idea for the windmill did he speak at the TED conference?
11. Where did Trywell take Agnes when she got a bad case of Malaria?
12. How tall was the first tree that William Geoffrey, and Gilbert chopped down for the windmill tower?
(a) 7 meters.
(b) 6 meters.
(c) 8 meters.
(d) 5 meters.
13. What color did William paint the walls in his family's home so they would reflect light better?
14. Because of the famine, when did the secondary school where Gilbert went stop having school?
15. How many page results came up on Google for the word "windmill"?
(c) 798, 543.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take William to dig up an old pipe that had been buried under an old bathhouse?
2. Who volunteered to be William's first investor?
3. Who ran the school where William was finally accepted?
4. How holes were dug for the windmill?
5. How deep was the shallow well at William's house?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)