|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the wingspan of William's blade system?
(a) 5 ft.
(b) 8 ft.
(c) 6 ft.
(d) 7 ft.
2. When William got a battery to store electricity, how long could energy be stored in the battery?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
3. What did William use to make a flathead screwdriver?
(a) Bicycle spoke.
(c) Flattened piece of metal.
4. What was the name of the falls in southern Malawi where the hydro plants were?
5. How many years after William first had his idea for the windmill did he speak at the TED conference?
6. How many meters of wire did William get from Charity?
7. Where did Soyapi Mumba work?
(a) Baobab Health.
(b) Malawi Posts.
(d) Illovo Sugar.
8. What color hair did Tom Rielly have?
9. What English word did William want to look up when he found a book that changed his life?
10. How many electron tubes did William say were in a color television?
11. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what school was advertised on the radio?
12. How far was Chipumba from William's home?
(a) 15 kilometers.
(b) 30 kilometers.
(c) 25 kilometers.
(d) 20 kilometers.
13. By the end of Chapter 12, how many times a day did William have to climb his tower to fix the windmill?
14. How many page results came up on Google for the word "windmill"?
(d) 798, 543.
15. What mountain did William see in Tanzania?
Short Answer Questions
1. If someone took medicine provided by the clinic, how long would it usually take to get over a case of malaria?
2. How much was Shore Rubber paying for old women's rubber shoes?
3. When did officials from the Malawi Teacher Training Activity notice William's windmill in the schoolyard at Wimbe Primary?
4. How many holes did William bore in each windmill blade?
5. How tall was the first tree that William Geoffrey, and Gilbert chopped down for the windmill tower?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)