|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had President Muluzi promised everyone if he won the election to become president?
2. In 2002, when was the tobacco ready to prune?
3. When did the first rains usually come to Malawi?
4. In Chapter 7, when did daily rains return?
5. After the new president came to power in Malawi, how much did a bag of fertilizer cost?
(a) 300 kwacha.
(b) 100 kwacha.
(c) 3,000 kwacha.
(d) 2,000 kwacha.
6. What time of day did most Africans go to bed in the evening?
7. Where was it rumored that some farmers caught men in their fields and cut off the men's arms?
8. What time would William get up during planting season?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
9. What interest rate were traders and businessmen charging as the famine dragged on?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 15 percent.
(c) 300 percent.
(d) 200 percent.
10. How many days did the Standard Eight final exam last?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 days.
11. What would William have to steal sometimes to be allowed in Charity's clubhouse?
12. What school did William hope he would be assigned to after his exams?
13. When did President Banda retire?
14. What was the highest grade that William received on his primary school exams?
15. What kingdom did King Shaka rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Trywell's brother, John, die?
2. What was the normal seasonal price of maize?
3. How far did people have to go to get fuel at the petrol station in Mtunthama?
4. When gaga ran low, what did traders mix with it?
5. Where was William sent to try to get food from the ADMARC?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)