|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did William begin playing as he started to grow up?
(c) Tsoro Yematatu.
(d) Chigora Danda.
2. On Christmas Day, 2001, what song did William hear from the radio in his sister's room?
(a) Silent Night.
(b) Angels We Have Heard on High.
(c) Away in a Manger.
(d) O Little Town of Bethlehem.
3. After the beast that was bothering the villagers was killed, how many days did the villagers feast on the beast?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
4. How old was William when he thought he was cursed because he ate stolen gumballs?
5. How far was William's school from Gilbert's house?
(a) A kilometer.
(b) 2 kilometers.
(c) 1/2 kilometer.
(d) 1/4 kilometer.
6. How many days did the Standard Eight final exam last?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 days.
7. What school was William chosen for after his exams?
8. How far did William's father have to walk to find the trader who had had his gumballs stolen?
(a) 4 kilometers.
(b) 5 kilometers.
(c) 7 kilometers.
(d) 8 kilometers.
9. What interest rate were traders and businessmen charging as the famine dragged on?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 300 percent.
(c) 15 percent.
(d) 200 percent.
10. How many daughters did Uncle Socrates have?
11. When did William receive his grades for his Standard Eight final exam?
12. What was the only meat that William's family had to eat sometimes?
13. Where was William sent to try to get food from the ADMARC?
14. When would William be able to take his Junior Certificate Exams?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 1 years.
(d) 2 years.
15. How many chickens were alive by Christmas in 2001?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did William's people live many generations ago?
2. How many of Trywell's and John's sisters were already buried in the cemetery where John was buried?
3. Where was it rumored that some farmers caught men in their fields and cut off the men's arms?
4. What did Uncle John die from?
5. What month did William say was harvest time in Malawi?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)