|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Uncle John's wife's name?
2. What school did William hope he would be assigned to after his exams?
3. Where did the government produce electricity for Malawi?
(a) Shire River.
(b) Umba River.
(c) Kiseru River.
(d) Dwangwa River.
4. In Chapter 6, when was William's new sister born?
(a) November 22.
(b) October 17.
(c) November 15.
(d) October 10.
5. On Christmas Day, 2001, what song did William hear from the radio in his sister's room?
(a) Angels We Have Heard on High.
(b) Away in a Manger.
(c) O Little Town of Bethlehem.
(d) Silent Night.
6. How far did people have to go to get fuel at the petrol station in Mtunthama?
(a) 5 kilometers.
(b) 7 kilometers.
(c) 15 kilometers.
(d) 1 kilometer.
7. How long did children believe it took witch planes to travel to Zambia and London?
(a) 1 minute.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 6 hours.
8. After the beast that was bothering the villagers was killed, how many days did the villagers feast on the beast?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 4 days.
9. During the famine, which of William's sisters contracted malaria?
10. How old was William when he thought he was cursed because he ate stolen gumballs?
11. In Chapter 7, how many people did William say lived in Malawi?
(a) 11 million.
(b) 6 million.
(c) 13 million.
(d) 8 million.
12. On what day did Malawians celebrate their independence from England?
(a) July 6.
(b) August 10.
(c) August 1.
(d) July 4.
13. When would William be able to take his Junior Certificate Exams?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 1 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
14. During what month did Uncle John die?
15. What school was William chosen for after his exams?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the dowe ready in the Kamkwamba's fields?
2. What did Uncle John die from?
3. What interest rate were traders and businessmen charging as the famine dragged on?
4. How far did people who lived near Wimbe have to travel to find a handful of wood?
5. What animal was bothering a village in Chapter 1?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)