|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school was William chosen for after his exams?
2. When gaga ran low, what did traders mix with it?
(b) Small stones.
3. What was the price of maize in Chapter 7?
(a) Nearly 1,100 kwacha a pail.
(b) 850 kwacha a pail.
(c) 500 kwacha a pail.
(d) Almost 1,000 kwacha a pail.
4. In 2002, when was the tobacco ready to prune?
5. How many meals could William's family get from six pails of four?
6. What interest rate were traders and businessmen charging as the famine dragged on?
(a) 200 percent.
(b) 300 percent.
(c) 15 percent.
(d) 25 percent.
7. After the new president came to power in Malawi, how much did a bag of fertilizer cost?
(a) 300 kwacha.
(b) 2,000 kwacha.
(c) 3,000 kwacha.
(d) 100 kwacha.
8. When did William receive his grades for his Standard Eight final exam?
9. After the beast that was bothering the villagers was killed, how many days did the villagers feast on the beast?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
10. In Chapter 7, when did daily rains return?
11. In Chapter 7, how many people did William say lived in Malawi?
(a) 6 million.
(b) 11 million.
(c) 13 million.
(d) 8 million.
12. What church did William's family attend?
13. How did William's grandfather's grandmother die?
(c) Lion attack.
(d) Rhino attack.
14. How many weeks could it take for tobacco to dry?
(a) 7 weeks.
(b) 9 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 8 weeks.
15. What was the lowest grade that William received on his primary school exams?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Uncle Socrates' occupation before he came to live on the farm?
2. When was the dowe ready in the Kamkwamba's fields?
3. Where did Trywell live when he was a trader?
4. What was the normal seasonal price of maize?
5. How many sacks of grain did William's family harvest in the year 2000?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)