Part 1 - Prologue, Chapters 1 and 2
• In the Prologue, William Kamkwamba put the finishing touches on his windmill.
• He tested it and it worked.
• All his hard work and determination paid off.
• Before William discovered science, magic ruled his world.
• The first memory William had of the influence of magic was when he was six years old.
• He had eaten some stolen gum and was worried that he was cursed.
• His father deflected the curse and became William's hero.
• Although William's father did not believe in magic, Trywell told many stories and legends about magic.
• William's family were raised in the Presbyterian church, and Trywell believed that God's power was greater than magic.
• William had two friends he spent most of his time with, Geoffrey and Gilbert.
• Geoffrey was William's cousin and Gilbert was the son of a powerful tribal chief.
• The boys liked to make trips to the...
This section contains 2,129 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)