* In the Prologue, William Kamkwamba put the finishing touches on his windmill.
* He tested it and it worked.
* All his hard work and determination paid off.
* Before William discovered science, magic ruled his world.
* The first memory William had of the influence of magic was when he was six years old.
* He had eaten some stolen gum and was worried that he was cursed.
* His father deflected the curse and became William's hero.
* Although William's father did not believe in magic, Trywell told many stories and legends about magic.
* William's family were raised in the Presbyterian church, and Trywell believed that God's power was greater than magic.
* William had two friends he spent most of his time with, Geoffrey and Gilbert.
* Geoffrey was William's cousin and Gilbert was the son of a powerful tribal chief.
* The boys liked to make trips to the...
This section contains 2,129 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)