|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Christmas 1941, where does Karl go?
(a) An aunt's farm.
(b) His cousins'.
(c) An uncle's farm.
(d) His grandparents'.
2. How long is Gerhard home in 1941 before he receives his draft notice?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
3. In 1940 what river do British bombers follow when they bomb Hamburg?
4. In 1941, when do the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor?
5. In 1940 after Paris falls to the Germans, where does Hitler send the Luftwaffe to bomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many interrogations does it take for Helmuth to give up Rudi and Karl's names?
2. In 1942, who are the first agents to interrogate Helmuth?
3. What does Gerhard bring home with him in 1941 that he buys from the black market?
4. What does Brother Worbs pray for in a prayer on New Year's Eve 1940?
5. As 1940 ends, where is it rumored that camps are being built to detain Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Duwer say when he reads one of Helmuth's pamphlets?
2. What is it like at the train station when Helmuth and his family say good-bye to Gerhard?
3. As 1940 ends, how is the war proceeding and what rumors are heard?
4. When Helmuth tells Hugo what he is writing his thesis for graduation, what does Hugo tell him?
5. What does Helmuth do that leads to his arrest?
6. What does Helmuth discover when he first listens to Gerhard's shortwave?
7. What is the interrogation room like when Helmuth is interrogated a second time by the Gestapo?
8. Where does Gerhard go for his mandatory Reich Labor Service and what does he do?
9. Where do prisoners wait for their interrogations at Gestapo headquarters and how do they wait?
10. When British bombers bomb Hamburg in June 1940, what do Helmuth and Rudi say about the incident?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)