|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1942, how are prisoners killed?
(d) Electric chair.
2. What day does the executioner work in 1942?
3. In 1933, which Mormon article of faith states that Mormons are to honor their country and their leaders?
4. The day that Hitler was appointed chancellor, what did Helmuth's mother fix for supper?
(a) Schnitzel and sausage.
(b) Turnips, potatoes and cabbage.
(c) Fresh rye bread, sausage, and fried onions.
(d) Sausage and noodles.
5. In May 1933, what does Helmuth hide?
(a) Karl May books.
(b) A picture of a Jewish friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Helmuth's mother have a new boyfriend?
2. When does Helmuth graduate from primary school and begin middle school?
3. In 1933, when does Hitler become chancellor of Germany?
4. What does Helmuth keep saying in a prayer in 1942?
5. In 1933, how many Germans are unemployed?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1939 what happens to revenge the death of Nazi official, Ernst vom Rath?
2. In 1938 why is Rudi interrogated by the Gestapo?
3. In 1938 when Helmuth joins the Hitler Youth, what does Hugo say and do?
4. In 1928 what does Helmuth see on the street when he is walking with his mother and half-brothers?
5. In 1932, what does Helmuth's mother think about living next door to his grandparents?
6. in 1938 what questions does Helmuth asks that gets him in trouble and gets him and his classmates extra homework?
7. In 1932, where and how is Helmuth playing with toy solidiers?
8. In 1942, what does Helmuth do when a loud bell clangs?
9. In 1932, what suggestion does Gerhard make when he sees Helmuth playing with toy soldiers?
10. In 1939, why does Hugo say that laws like not listening to foreign radio stations are necessary during wartime?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)