|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the last day of school for Helmuth in 1941, what does his teacher say is his gift?
2. In 1940 how long after British bombers bomb Hamburg does Paris fall to the Germans?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 11 days.
3. After seeing Karl in the Hall of Mirrors, where does Rudi see Karl, Rudi, or Duwer again?
(a) Justice Center.
(b) People's Tribunal.
(c) Hall of Mirrors.
(d) Blood Tribunal.
4. Who is Helmuth missing on New Year's Eve 1940?
(d) His mother.
5. When Gerhard comes home for a few days, how long does he think he will be home at the most?
(a) 6 days.
(b) A week or two.
(c) 10 days.
(d) Three or four weeks.
6. In 1940 what does Hamburg tear up?
(a) Walking paths.
(c) City parks.
7. What does Helmuth do on New Year's Eve in 1941?
(a) Listen to the BBC.
(b) Write essay.
(c) Church dance.
(d) Deliver pamphlets.
8. What has Helmuth learned not to do in the mornings after being interrogated by the Gestapo?
(a) Do calisthenics.
(b) Not eat.
(c) Not drink.
(d) Use the bathroom.
9. In 1940 when Gerhard serves in the Reich Labor Service, what are his duties?
(a) Janitorial work.
(b) Bicycle messenger.
(c) Completing paperwork.
(d) Repair roads.
10. When Helmuth first starts preparing leaflets, how often does he prepare them?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Every 2 weeks.
(c) Every 5 days.
(d) Every 10 days.
11. In 1942 when does Helmuth ask Werner Kranz to translate a pamphlet into French?
12. When do the British bomb Hamburg?
(a) May 1940.
(b) June 1940.
(c) April 1940.
(d) July 1940.
13. In 1940 after Paris falls to the Germans, where does Hitler send the Luftwaffe to bomb?
14. How long is Gerhard home in 1941 before he receives his draft notice?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 days.
15. After seeing Karl in the Hall of Mirrors, when does Rudi again see Karl, Rudi, or Duwer again?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karl listens to the shortwave with Helmuth in 1941, how many Nazis are left behind dead and wounded?
2. What Bible verse does Helmuth think of as he prepares to write letters to his family?
3. Where does Gerhard go to boot camp in 1941?
4. When Helmuth finds banned books in a dusty storeroom in 1941, who is the author of the book that he takes?
5. In the radio report that Helmuth hears in March 1941, how many tons of merchant vessels were sunk by the Germans from March 16 through the 23?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)