|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1942, what is the bed made of?
(a) Cement blocks.
(c) Metal .
(d) Wooden boards.
2. In 1933, what is the name of the Jewish boy who leaves Helmuth's class at school?
(a) Thomas Bares.
(b) Benno Seligmann.
(c) William Zuver.
(d) Mark Kaltenbach.
3. In 1939 when do the Germans use a type of warfare called a Blitzkrieg?
4. In 1942, where is Helmuth's cell?
(a) Ground floor.
(b) 3rd floor.
(c) 1st floor.
(d) 2nd floor.
5. In 1938 whose murder does the police inspector ask Helmuth and Rudi to find the murderer for?
(c) Dock worker.
6. In 1938, what does Helmuth call a detective agency that he forms with his friends Rudi and Karl?
(a) Lord Lister.
7. In 1928, how old is Helmuth?
8. In 1942, what color prison smock does Helmuth wear?
9. In 1928, where do Helmuth and his mother live?
10. In 1928, what street do Helmuth and his mother walk?
11. Where does Helmuth's mother work in 1932?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Nursing home.
12. In 1939 who promises to support Poland if Germany threatens to invade?
(a) France and Switzerland.
(b) Belgium and Holland.
(c) United States and Britain.
(d) Britain and France.
13. In 1938, when does Hugo go out with others and destroy Jewish neighborhoods?
(a) November 13.
(b) November 30.
(c) November 9.
(d) November 15.
14. In 1933, when are Helmuth and his class mates in the school auditorium waiting for a special radio broadcast?
(a) January 23.
(b) January 8.
(c) January 11.
(d) January 30.
15. In 1932, what is one of Gerhard's favorite words?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1933, what church does Helmuth belong to?
2. In 1933, which Mormon article of faith states that Mormons are to honor their country and their leaders?
3. In 1942, how are prisoners killed?
4. In 1932, what type of tea does Oma make?
5. In 1928, what does Helmuth see during a parade?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)