|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Memories of 1942 - Author's Note - Pages 154-174.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Helmuth in 1942?
2. When Helmuth finds banned books in a dusty storeroom in 1941, who is the author of the book that he takes?
(a) Thomas Mann.
(b) Heinrich Heine.
(c) Heinrich Mann.
(d) Eric Maria Remarque.
3. What day does the executioner work in 1942?
4. In 1940 when Gerhard leaves for mandatory Reich Labor Service, where is he stationed?
5. When is Austria reunited with Germany?
(a) Fall 1938.
(b) Summer 1938.
(c) Winter 1938.
(d) Spring 1938.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1933, what is the name of the Jewish boy who leaves Helmuth's class at school?
2. What does Helmuth remember as he is executed?
3. Where is Helmuth's church in 1942?
4. In 1942, what does Helmuth do after he hears another prisoner killed?
5. When does Helmuth's mother have a new boyfriend?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)