|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Memories of 1941 - Pages 90-137.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day that Hitler was appointed chancellor, what did Helmuth's mother fix for supper?
(a) Sausage and noodles.
(b) Turnips, potatoes and cabbage.
(c) Fresh rye bread, sausage, and fried onions.
(d) Schnitzel and sausage.
2. When Gerhard comes home for a few days, how long does he think he will be home at the most?
(a) Three or four weeks.
(b) 6 days.
(c) A week or two.
(d) 10 days.
3. What does Brother Worbs read on New Year's Eve 1940?
(a) All Quiet on the Western Front.
(b) Book of Mormon.
(c) Mein Kampf.
4. How old is Helmuth in 1942?
5. During the last day of school for Helmuth in 1941, what does his teacher say is his gift?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1942, what does Helmuth do after he hears another prisoner killed?
2. In September 1940 when Helmuth sings an American song and Hitler Youth hear him, what is he told could be his punishment?
3. In 1940 when British bombers bomb Hamburg, what neighborhood is hit?
4. In 1940 how long after British bombers bomb Hamburg does Paris fall to the Germans?
5. In 1933, what is Helmuth's favorite dessert?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)