|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Memories of 1941 - Pages 90-137.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helmuth do on New Year's Eve in 1941?
(a) Write essay.
(b) Listen to the BBC.
(c) Church dance.
(d) Deliver pamphlets.
2. During Christmas 1941, where does Karl go?
(a) His grandparents'.
(b) An uncle's farm.
(c) His cousins'.
(d) An aunt's farm.
3. When is Austria reunited with Germany?
(a) Spring 1938.
(b) Summer 1938.
(c) Fall 1938.
(d) Winter 1938.
4. When Helmuth finds banned books in a dusty storeroom in 1941, who is the author of the book that he takes?
(a) Heinrich Heine.
(b) Eric Maria Remarque.
(c) Heinrich Mann.
(d) Thomas Mann.
5. In 1942, how many paces does it take Helmuth to go the length of his cell?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Gerhard home in 1941 before he receives his draft notice?
2. The day that Hitler was appointed chancellor, what did Helmuth's mother fix for supper?
3. Where is Helmuth's church in 1942?
4. When Karl listens to the shortwave with Helmuth in 1941, how many Nazis are left behind dead and wounded?
5. In 1928, how old is Helmuth?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)