|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Memories of 1938-1939 - Pages 41-81.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1933, what is the name of the Jewish boy who leaves Helmuth's class at school?
(a) Mark Kaltenbach.
(b) William Zuver.
(c) Benno Seligmann.
(d) Thomas Bares.
2. The day that Hitler was appointed chancellor, what did Helmuth's mother fix for supper?
(a) Schnitzel and sausage.
(b) Turnips, potatoes and cabbage.
(c) Fresh rye bread, sausage, and fried onions.
(d) Sausage and noodles.
3. In 1933, when does Hitler become chancellor of Germany?
(a) January 30.
(b) February 4.
(c) January 1.
(d) February 11.
4. In 1938 why does Rudi need to have surgery?
(a) Broken ankle.
(b) Broken nose.
(c) Severed artery in his wrist.
(d) Broken bones in his hand.
5. In 1938, what music are Mutti and Helmuth listening to when an announcement comes that Ernst vom Rath has died?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Helmuth in 1942?
2. In 1928, what does Helmuth see during a parade?
3. In 1938 where is Hans an apprentice?
4. In 1939 when do Mutti and Hugo marry?
5. In 1932, what are the two armies that Helmuth's tin soldiers represent?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)