|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1942-Memories of 1928-1932 - Pages 3-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day does the executioner work in 1942?
2. In 1928, where do Helmuth and his mother live?
3. In 1928, what does Helmuth see during a parade?
(a) Brown-shirted men wearing red-and-black armbands.
(b) Floats with flags.
(d) Young boys riding bikes.
4. Who lives next door to Helmuth and his mother in 1928?
(d) School friend of his mother.
5. In 1928, how old are Helmuth's half brothers?
(a) 9 and 8.
(b) 7 and 6.
(c) 6 and 5.
(d) 8 and 7.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helmuth wear in 1928?
2. The day that Hitler was appointed chancellor, what did Helmuth's mother fix for supper?
3. How old is Helmuth in 1942?
4. In 1932, who is the author of the adventure novel that Gerhard reads?
5. In 1932, what are the two armies that Helmuth's tin soldiers represent?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)