|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Memories of 1942 - Pages 137-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Helmuth do for his church in 1940?
(a) Church secretary.
(c) Church treasurer.
2. In 1941 what instruments does Gerhard have?
(a) Trumpet and cello.
(b) Saxophone and piccolo.
(c) Cello, bugle, and bassoon.
(d) Violin, mandolin, and mandola.
3. In 1942, what does Helmuth feel when he prays?
(c) Warm clamness.
4. In 1942, how many paces does it take Helmuth to go the length of his cell?
5. When Helmuth finds banned books in a dusty storeroom in 1941, who is the author of the book that he takes?
(a) Heinrich Mann.
(b) Eric Maria Remarque.
(c) Heinrich Heine.
(d) Thomas Mann.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1941, when does Gerhard graduate from training in the signal corps and sent to officer training school in Warsaw?
2. In 1938 where is Hans an apprentice?
3. In 1942, what color is the door that leads to Helmuth's cell?
4. When in 1941 does Gerhard come home?
5. What furniture is in the interrogation room where Helmuth is taken at the Gestapo headquarters?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)