|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Memories of 1940 - Pages 81-90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Helmuth when his mother says that she and Hugo will marry and Hugo will adopt Helmuth?
2. At the end of February 1933, what does Helmuth dream about?
(c) His mother.
3. In 1933, what is the name of the Jewish boy who leaves Helmuth's class at school?
(a) William Zuver.
(b) Thomas Bares.
(c) Mark Kaltenbach.
(d) Benno Seligmann.
4. In 1940 when Gerhard leaves for mandatory Reich Labor Service, where is he stationed?
5. In 1940 when Gerhard serves in the Reich Labor Service, what are his duties?
(a) Completing paperwork.
(b) Bicycle messenger.
(c) Repair roads.
(d) Janitorial work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does the executioner work in 1942?
2. In 1932, what music are Helmuth's grandparents playing?
3. When do German troops march into France?
4. In 1928, where do Helmuth and his mother live?
5. In 1933, when does Hitler become chancellor of Germany?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)