|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act of togetherness did the workers from Schindler's factory perform after being told by a Russian soldier that they were free?
2. Which state in the United States did Leon move to when he was 19?
3. What type of work was Leon assigned to complete in Chapter 7?
4. When did David and his father move to the Schindler sub-camp?
5. Where did Leon and his mother stay in the ghetto to which they were transferred in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what brought back some of Moshe's pride?
2. In Chapter 6, why did Leon say, "By this time survival was mostly a matter of pure luck"?
3. In the epilogue, what are some indications that Leon was motivated and successful?
4. Why were Leon, David, and Moshe to be transferred to Plaszow in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 9, why did Leon say that he worried about being shot by the last bullet of the war?
6. In Chapter 7, why was Leon glad to be assigned a job at the brush factory?
7. In Chapter 8, did Leon's father think that Tsalig is still alive? How do you know?
8. In the epilogue, how might it have helped Leon once he told Lis and others about his experiences?
9. In Chapter 9, how were the bolts of cloth and bottles of vodka that Schindler gave his workers supposed to be useful?
10. In Chapter 10, what did Dr. Neu's wife possibly mean when she said "We didn't know" about the horrible actions against Jews and others during the Holocaust?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did Leon seem to change and develop as a person from the beginning of his story until the end of it? Trace his development. Which single event do you think changed Leon the most? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What are some ways in which hatred, discrimination, and atrocities like the Holocaust and other genocides can be prevented (or their likelihood lessened)? What can people in general do to make things better? What can you do to make things better?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the techniques people used to keep their sanity throughout this story?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)