|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how many new workers did Schindler plan to add?
2. What sight did Leon want to remember forever?
3. Why did Leon want to go to Plaszow in Chapter 6?
4. How did Schindler get the factory's Nazi guards to leave?
5. When did Leon begin publicly talking about his Holocaust experiences?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why did Leon decide to leave his fedora behind instead of wearing it as he set off for California?
2. In Chapter 9, why did Leon say that he worried about being shot by the last bullet of the war?
3. In Chapter 6, why did Leon say, "By this time survival was mostly a matter of pure luck"?
4. In Chapter 6, how did Leon, his mother, Samuel, and Yossel avoid the roundup?
5. In Chapter 10, what is an indication that the suffering of the Leyson family was not over?
6. In Chapter 8, how did Leon succeed in getting himself, his brother David, and his father not to have to be transferred to Plaszow?
7. In Chapter 8, how did Oskar Schindler act differently than most Nazis?
8. In Chapter 8, what brought back some of Moshe's pride?
9. In the epilogue, what are some of the reasons that Leon might not have wanted to talk about his Holocaust experiences in the United States at first?
10. Why were Leon, David, and Moshe to be transferred to Plaszow in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the techniques people used to keep their sanity throughout this story?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think it's possible that something like the Holocaust could happen now? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
With which person in The Boy on the Wooden Box could you relate the most? Why?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)