|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Schindler get the factory's Nazi guards to leave?
2. Which state in the United States did Leon move to when he was 19?
3. How many casings does Leon say he had produced when Oskar Schindler asked him one shift?
4. What surprised some non-Jewish people in the place where Leon and his family went after being freed?
5. What work-related physical problem did Leon's father develop?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how were the bolts of cloth and bottles of vodka that Schindler gave his workers supposed to be useful?
2. In the epilogue, what is one way that Leon tried to hide his identity and his former life?
3. In the epilogue, what are some indications that Leon was motivated and successful?
4. In Chapter 6, why did Leon's mother break their furniture that they were not taking with them to Ghetto A by throwing it over the railing on the balcony of their apartment?
5. In Chapter 8, did Leon's father think that Tsalig is still alive? How do you know?
6. In Chapter 10, why did Leon, and probably others, feel shock and "confused, weak, and ecstatic all at once" after they were liberated?
7. In Chapter 8, how did Oskar Schindler act differently than most Nazis?
8. In Chapter 7, why was Leon glad to be assigned a job at the brush factory?
9. In Chapter 7, how did Leon get to go with his mother to Schindler's sub-camp?
10. In Chapter 9, how did Schindler save the women who were to work at his factory when their train was diverted to Auschwitz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe Leon as a person? Why did you choose each adjective or descriptive phrase that you used?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Tsalig made the right decision by staying on the train with Miriam instead of getting off of it with Oskar Schindler? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What are some reasons that Leon might obsess about being shot with the last bullet of the war?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)