|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Leon's parents and many others in Narewka make a mistake of trusting in 1939?
2. Which word best describes Leon's parents?
3. Why did Schindler name his factory "German Enamel Works"?
4. What became a preoccupation for Leon?
5. What was a way that Leon earned money in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how is Leon's father affected by his beating and imprisonment?
2. In Chapter 3, after Leon is no longer allowed to attend school because he is Jewish, what feelings does this cause him to have?
3. In Chapter 4, what was the importance of Leon's father's Bescheinigung?
4. As discussed in Chapter 1, which aspects of daily life for Leon and his family then, in the 1930s, were different from daily life today?
5. In Chapter 2, how was moving to Krakow a series of big adventures for Leon?
6. In Chapter 3, how does seeing his father get beaten and dragged away seem to affect Leon?
7. In Chapter 4, what was the significance of the following phrase: "If this is the worst that happens"?
8. In Chapter 3, what does it indicate about Leon that he chases down and confronts one of the the Gestapo who beat up his father, asking where they had taken him?
9. Why did Leon enjoy city life more than his mother, as shown in Chapter 2?
10. Leon consistently proves not to be selfish. How does he demonstrate this in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the techniques people used to keep their sanity throughout this story?
Essay Topic 2
What life lessons did Leon learn from his parents? How do you know?
Essay Topic 3
What are some reasons that Leon might obsess about being shot with the last bullet of the war?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)