|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request of Moshe's did Schindler agree to in Chapter 8?
(a) Moving David to day shift.
(b) Allowing Moshe to work rotating shifts.
(c) Adding Pesza to the list of workers to go to his new factory.
(d) Moving Leon to night shift.
2. Which state in the United States did Leon move to when he was 19?
3. Which job was Leon hired for at U.S. Electrical Motors?
(d) Box lifter.
4. What did African-American people having to sit at the back of the bus remind Leon of?
(a) Discrimination against Jews by Nazis.
(b) German discrimination against Austria.
(c) German Jews' discrimination against Polish Jews.
(d) The United States Civil War.
5. What was Plaszow?
(a) A small village.
(b) A large city.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) An infirmary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Leon's parents feel fortunate to be a part of the Narewka Benevolent Club?
2. When did Leon leave Plaszow for the last time?
3. Why did Moshe tell Chanah they couldn't return to Narewka?
4. Where did Leon work in Chapter 6?
5. What change did Mr. Schindler make to Leon's schedule in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how were trees that Leon saw sprouting new leaves on their train ride symbolic?
2. In the epilogue, what is one way that Leon tried to hide his identity and his former life?
3. In Chapter 6, how was Leon able to go with the group leaving for Plaszow even though he was told by a guard that he would go later?
4. Why were Leon, David, and Moshe to be transferred to Plaszow in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 8, what brought back some of Moshe's pride?
6. In Chapter 8, how did Leon succeed in getting himself, his brother David, and his father not to have to be transferred to Plaszow?
7. In Chapter 6, how did Leon, his mother, Samuel, and Yossel avoid the roundup?
8. In Chapter 9, how did Schindler save the women who were to work at his factory when their train was diverted to Auschwitz?
9. In the epilogue, what are some of the reasons that Leon might not have wanted to talk about his Holocaust experiences in the United States at first?
10. In Chapter 7, what did Leon's father promise that he would do?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)