|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was an omen that Leon thought was positive in Chapter 8?
(a) Schindler agreeing to Moshe's request.
(b) The factory at Krakow closing.
(c) Austrian troops leaving Poland.
(d) Light coming into the cattle car.
2. How did Leon find his father and David?
(a) His supervisor told him where they were when he asked.
(b) His mother told him where they were located.
(c) Someone took him to them.
(d) Someone told him where the Schindler Jews had been assigned.
3. What did Leon do for the U.S. Army during the Korean War?
(a) Drove an army tank.
(b) Spied on the Koreans.
(c) Supervised workers in a machine shop in Japan.
(d) Worked for a machinist in Alabama.
4. Where did Leon earn his bachelor's degree?
(a) Cal State Sacramento.
(b) New York University.
(c) American School of Engineering.
(d) Cal State Los Angeles.
5. What did Schindler do after having Moshe, Leon, and David return to Emalia in Chapter 8?
(a) He moved all his workers to night shift.
(b) He found Chanah and told her.
(c) He assigned them to day shift.
(d) He increased production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Schindler's plan that Leon's father mentions in Chapter 8?
2. How long did Leon stay at the munitions factory in Brunnlitz?
3. In which country did Leon and his parents end up right after Poland?
4. What did the word "Schindlerjuden" mean?
5. How many casings does Leon say he had produced when Oskar Schindler asked him one shift?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how did Leon get to go with his mother to Schindler's sub-camp?
2. In the epilogue, why did Leon gradually told his son and daughter about his experiences?
3. In Chapter 6, why did Leon's mother break their furniture that they were not taking with them to Ghetto A by throwing it over the railing on the balcony of their apartment?
4. In Chapter 6, how did Leon, his mother, Samuel, and Yossel avoid the roundup?
5. In Chapter 10, why did Leon decide to leave his fedora behind instead of wearing it as he set off for California?
6. In Chapter 6, how was Leon able to go with the group leaving for Plaszow even though he was told by a guard that he would go later?
7. In Chapter 7, what did Leon's father promise that he would do?
8. In Chapter 9, what was a way in which Leon obtained more food?
9. In Chapter 10, how were trees that Leon saw sprouting new leaves on their train ride symbolic?
10. In the epilogue, what are some indications that Leon was motivated and successful?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)