|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Leon when Schindler catches him away from his work station watching a machine?
(a) He is rewarded by being transferred with David to the toolmaking area.
(b) He is told to get back to work.
(c) He is made to work an extra hour longer than normal.
(d) Schindler asks him to come upstairs to talk to him in his office.
2. Where did Leon work in Chapter 6?
(a) The office of the Jewish Council.
(b) A glass factory.
(c) A brush factory.
(d) An electrical plant.
3. What made David cry in Chapter 8?
(a) Learning that Schindler was leaving.
(b) Learning that Pesza was leaving.
(c) Learning that Leon was leaving.
(d) Having to exhume and burn bodies.
4. How many meals were Leon and other workers at Emalia given per day?
5. What did the word "Schindlerjuden" mean?
(a) Schindler Jews.
(b) Schindler family heritage.
(c) Schindler's homeland.
(d) Schindler's factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did David and his father move to the Schindler sub-camp?
2. Which job was Leon hired for at U.S. Electrical Motors?
3. How did Schindler get the factory's Nazi guards to leave?
4. Where was Leon taken after leaving Plaszow?
5. Why did Leon's father spend a night at Schindler's factory in October 1942?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Leon Leyson's life change after the movie Schindler's List was released?
2. In Chapter 8, how did Leon succeed in getting himself, his brother David, and his father not to have to be transferred to Plaszow?
3. Why were Leon, David, and Moshe to be transferred to Plaszow in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 10, why did Leon decide to leave his fedora behind instead of wearing it as he set off for California?
5. In Chapter 9, how did Schindler save the women who were to work at his factory when their train was diverted to Auschwitz?
6. In Chapter 10, why did Leon, and probably others, feel shock and "confused, weak, and ecstatic all at once" after they were liberated?
7. In Chapter 6, how was Leon able to go with the group leaving for Plaszow even though he was told by a guard that he would go later?
8. In Chapter 6, why did Leon's mother break their furniture that they were not taking with them to Ghetto A by throwing it over the railing on the balcony of their apartment?
9. In Chapter 8, how did Oskar Schindler act differently than most Nazis?
10. In Chapter 10, why didn't Leon throw things at the defeated and captive German soldiers walking by as some other people did?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)