|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While he worked, why did a guard threaten to shoot Leon?
(a) If his production that shift did not increase dramatically.
(b) If he left his work area without permission again.
(c) If he used the wrong type of glue.
(d) If the next brad was not straight.
2. In which country did Leon and his parents end up right after Poland?
(b) The United States.
3. Why did Amon Goeth shoot Leon's foreman?
(a) He shot him when he tried to defend himself.
(b) He shot him for no reason.
(c) He shot him for allowing his workers too much freedom.
(d) He shot him for questioning Goeth's authority.
4. What made David cry in Chapter 8?
(a) Having to exhume and burn bodies.
(b) Learning that Pesza was leaving.
(c) Learning that Leon was leaving.
(d) Learning that Schindler was leaving.
5. When did Leon and his parents find out they could move to the United States?
(a) June 1949.
(b) February 1949.
(c) March 1949.
(d) May 1949.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what subjects did Dr. Neu tutor Leon?
2. Where did Leon earn his bachelor's degree?
3. Why did Leon and Yossel help an elderly woman?
4. To which country did David and Pesza finally move?
5. What change did Mr. Schindler make to Leon's schedule in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10 and throughout the book, did Leon seem to survive more with luck or with cleverness and ingenuity?
2. Why were Leon, David, and Moshe to be transferred to Plaszow in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 10, how were trees that Leon saw sprouting new leaves on their train ride symbolic?
4. In the epilogue, what are some of the reasons that Leon might not have wanted to talk about his Holocaust experiences in the United States at first?
5. In Chapter 10, what is an indication that the suffering of the Leyson family was not over?
6. In Chapter 7, what did Leon's father promise that he would do?
7. In Chapter 6, how did Leon, his mother, Samuel, and Yossel avoid the roundup?
8. In Chapter 10, why didn't Leon throw things at the defeated and captive German soldiers walking by as some other people did?
9. In Chapter 9, how were the bolts of cloth and bottles of vodka that Schindler gave his workers supposed to be useful?
10. In Chapter 8, what brought back some of Moshe's pride?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)