|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Leon run past the guards in Chapter 9?
(a) To search for another worker.
(b) To get away from them.
(c) To prove how fit he is.
(d) To reach his bunker before curfew.
2. What got Schindler's attention as Leon, David, and Moshe were being sent back to Plaszow?
(a) David ran toward Schindler.
(b) A bird landed on a guard's hat.
(c) A guard threw something that barely misses Schindler.
(d) A guard knocked the thermos out of Leon's hand.
3. What act of togetherness did the workers from Schindler's factory perform after being told by a Russian soldier that they were free?
(a) They tore the numbers and triangles off their uniforms.
(b) They smashed their bottles of vodka.
(c) They sang traditional Jewish songs.
(d) They went to the nearest town together.
4. What type of factory did Leon become assigned to work at in Plaszow?
(a) Glass factory.
(b) Enamelware factory.
(c) Munitions factory.
(d) Brush factory.
5. On which shift did most Jewish workers at Emalia work?
(a) Day shift.
(b) Rotating shifts.
(c) Swing shift.
(d) Night shift.
Short Answer Questions
1. When had Hershel and Leon's mother's parents been killed?
2. In Chapter 7, how many new workers did Schindler plan to add?
3. Why did Leon not stay with David and Pesza in Czechoslovakia?
4. How many children did Leon and his wife have?
5. What helped Leon's father regain some of his pride in the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why was Leon glad to be assigned a job at the brush factory?
2. In Chapter 10, why didn't Leon throw things at the defeated and captive German soldiers walking by as some other people did?
3. In Chapter 10, how were trees that Leon saw sprouting new leaves on their train ride symbolic?
4. In Chapter 7, how did Oskar Schindler get his sub-camp built?
5. In the epilogue, what are some of the reasons that Leon might not have wanted to talk about his Holocaust experiences in the United States at first?
6. In Chapter 9, why did Leon say that he worried about being shot by the last bullet of the war?
7. In the epilogue, how might it have helped Leon once he told Lis and others about his experiences?
8. In Chapter 7, what did Leon's father promise that he would do?
9. In Chapter 6, how was Leon able to go with the group leaving for Plaszow even though he was told by a guard that he would go later?
10. In Chapter 6, why did Leon's mother break their furniture that they were not taking with them to Ghetto A by throwing it over the railing on the balcony of their apartment?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)