|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was an omen that Leon thought was positive in Chapter 8?
(a) Austrian troops leaving Poland.
(b) Light coming into the cattle car.
(c) The factory at Krakow closing.
(d) Schindler agreeing to Moshe's request.
2. In Chapter 7, how many new workers did Schindler plan to add?
3. For what reason might the guards have shot at Leon in Chapter 6?
(a) He was out past curfew.
(b) He threw a rock at them.
(c) He was in an area meant for guards only.
(d) He had disobeyed a direct order from one of them.
4. Why did Schindler sometimes invite Leon upstairs?
(a) To explain the intricacies of factory work to him.
(b) To reprimand him.
(c) To give him food.
(d) To ask why he wasn't producing more.
5. What classes did Leon and his parents take together in America?
(b) Business English.
(c) English for Foreign Born.
6. Why did Schindler leave cigarettes at Moshe's work station?
(a) He left them so Moshe could trade them for food.
(b) He left them by accident.
(c) He was trying to introduce Moshe to smoking.
(d) He wanted to see what would happen.
7. Why did Chanah, Leon, Yossel, and Samuel not come out when a man said, "It's safe now. You can come out."?
(a) They thought the worst was still to come.
(b) They thought it might be a lie.
(c) They were unsure if they had heard him correctly.
(d) They recognized his voice as that of a Nazi guard.
8. Where did Leon earn his bachelor's degree?
(a) Cal State Sacramento.
(b) American School of Engineering.
(c) Cal State Los Angeles.
(d) New York University.
9. Why did Leon and Yossel help an elderly woman?
(a) She needed help carrying her groceries.
(b) She had fallen down the stairs.
(c) She asked for their help painting her apartment.
(d) She needed to go to the infirmary.
10. Why did Leon want to go to Plaszow in Chapter 6?
(a) He was afraid of his supervisor at work.
(b) He wanted his parents, David, and Pesza to be together again.
(c) He thought the work opportunities there would be better.
(d) He heard rumors that it was better than where he was.
11. Where was Leon taken after leaving Plaszow?
(b) Gross-Rosen Concentration Camp.
(d) Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
12. What type of work was Leon assigned to complete in Chapter 7?
(a) Moving a wooden container from one room to another.
(b) Putting papers in the correct files.
(c) Operating a machine in a factory.
(d) Hauling lumber, rocks, and dirt.
13. What did Leon do for the U.S. Army during the Korean War?
(a) Drove an army tank.
(b) Worked for a machinist in Alabama.
(c) Supervised workers in a machine shop in Japan.
(d) Spied on the Koreans.
14. What act of togetherness did the workers from Schindler's factory perform after being told by a Russian soldier that they were free?
(a) They tore the numbers and triangles off their uniforms.
(b) They went to the nearest town together.
(c) They smashed their bottles of vodka.
(d) They sang traditional Jewish songs.
15. Where did Leon work in Chapter 6?
(a) An electrical plant.
(b) A glass factory.
(c) The office of the Jewish Council.
(d) A brush factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what subjects did Dr. Neu tutor Leon?
2. What was Schindler's plan that Leon's father mentions in Chapter 8?
3. In which subject did Leon earn a master's degree at Pepperdine University?
4. What surprised some non-Jewish people in the place where Leon and his family went after being freed?
5. Which type of backlash against Jews happened after liberation?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)