|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Schindler sometimes invite Leon upstairs?
(a) To reprimand him.
(b) To explain the intricacies of factory work to him.
(c) To give him food.
(d) To ask why he wasn't producing more.
2. Why did Leon want to go to Plaszow in Chapter 6?
(a) He was afraid of his supervisor at work.
(b) He wanted his parents, David, and Pesza to be together again.
(c) He thought the work opportunities there would be better.
(d) He heard rumors that it was better than where he was.
3. What did Leon do for the U.S. Army during the Korean War?
(a) Supervised workers in a machine shop in Japan.
(b) Spied on the Koreans.
(c) Drove an army tank.
(d) Worked for a machinist in Alabama.
4. Why was Schindler's factory being closed?
(a) The area where it was was declared a disaster area.
(b) Germany was losing the war.
(c) Austria was winning the war.
(d) The Russians were going to confiscate its munitions.
5. When did Leon and his parents find out they could move to the United States?
(a) June 1949.
(b) March 1949.
(c) May 1949.
(d) February 1949.
6. What famous film was made about Oskar Schindler?
(a) Schindler's List.
(b) The Secret Life of Oskar Schindler.
(c) The Schindler Plan.
(d) Schindler's Legacy.
7. How many children did Leon and his wife have?
8. Where did Leon and his family stay on their return to Krakow?
(a) A synagogue.
(b) A relative's apartment.
(c) Their old apartment.
(d) An old dorm set up as a recruiting center for refugees.
9. While he worked, why did a guard threaten to shoot Leon?
(a) If his production that shift did not increase dramatically.
(b) If he left his work area without permission again.
(c) If he used the wrong type of glue.
(d) If the next brad was not straight.
10. Who tells Leon that his name has been crossed off of Schindler's list?
(c) His supervisor at the brush factory.
(d) Amon Goeth.
11. Which job was Leon hired for at U.S. Electrical Motors?
(b) Box lifter.
12. What was Leon able to contemplate after being freed?
(a) The environment.
(b) Human motivation.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
13. What change did Mr. Schindler make to Leon's schedule in Chapter 9?
(a) He decreased his hours.
(b) He increased his hours.
(c) He moved him to day shift.
(d) He added one extra shift every other week.
14. To which town was Schindler's factory being moved?
15. When did the German Sixth Army surrender?
(a) January 1942.
(b) February 1943.
(c) February 1942.
(d) January 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Leon and his mother stay in the ghetto to which they were transferred in Chapter 6?
2. What happens to Leon when Schindler catches him away from his work station watching a machine?
3. When did the Nazis liquidate the entire ghetto in Chapter 6?
4. Which state in the United States did Leon move to when he was 19?
5. What type of work was Leon assigned to complete in Chapter 7?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)