|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Leon that his name has been crossed off of Schindler's list?
(a) Amon Goeth.
(c) His supervisor at the brush factory.
2. Who could not enter the barracks at Emalia without Schindler's permission?
(a) Schindler's wife.
(b) The SS guards.
(c) The foreman.
(d) The workers.
3. How many children did Leon and his wife have?
4. In which subject did Leon earn a master's degree at Pepperdine University?
(a) Environmental studies.
5. To which town was Schindler's factory being moved?
6. On which shift did most Jewish workers at Emalia work?
(a) Rotating shifts.
(b) Night shift.
(c) Swing shift.
(d) Day shift.
7. What did African-American people having to sit at the back of the bus remind Leon of?
(a) German Jews' discrimination against Polish Jews.
(b) German discrimination against Austria.
(c) The United States Civil War.
(d) Discrimination against Jews by Nazis.
8. What was Schindler's plan that Leon's father mentions in Chapter 8?
(a) Going into another type of business.
(b) Retiring and moving to Austria.
(c) Opening a factory similar to Emalia in Germany.
(d) Relocating the factory to Czechoslovakia and bringing his workers with him.
9. What work-related physical problem did David develop?
(a) He sometimes could not stand.
(b) He developed gout.
(c) He sometimes had double-vision.
(d) He got sores on his legs.
10. Where did Leon and his mother stay in the ghetto to which they were transferred in Chapter 6?
(a) A storage shed.
(b) A former synagogue.
(c) An apartment with 3 bedrooms.
(d) A spot in the attic.
11. Why was Schindler's factory being closed?
(a) Austria was winning the war.
(b) Germany was losing the war.
(c) The area where it was was declared a disaster area.
(d) The Russians were going to confiscate its munitions.
12. What surprised some non-Jewish people in the place where Leon and his family went after being freed?
(a) That any non-Jews had ever discriminated against Jews.
(b) That the Jews returned.
(c) That Leon and his family were Jewish.
(d) That the war was already over.
13. What did Leon do for the U.S. Army during the Korean War?
(a) Supervised workers in a machine shop in Japan.
(b) Drove an army tank.
(c) Worked for a machinist in Alabama.
(d) Spied on the Koreans.
14. Why did Leon not stay with David and Pesza in Czechoslovakia?
(a) David and Pesza changed their mind and told him to go back home.
(b) Chanah said she needed at least one child at home with her.
(c) Leon got mad at both of them and left to go home.
(d) Leon had to work in the brush factory.
15. What sight did Leon want to remember forever?
(a) Victorious German soldiers.
(b) Victorious Austrian soldiers.
(c) Defeated Austrian soldiers.
(d) Defeated German soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the United States, what was the first job that Leon's father took?
2. Why did Chanah, Leon, Yossel, and Samuel not come out when a man said, "It's safe now. You can come out."?
3. Although Oskar Schindler did not allow it to happen, when were the SS ordered to murder all the workers at Schindler's factory?
4. How did Chanah and Mrs. Bircz plan to try to avoid the roundup in Chapter 6?
5. What was Plaszow?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)