|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Leon taken after leaving Plaszow?
(a) Gross-Rosen Concentration Camp.
(d) Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
2. What did African-American people having to sit at the back of the bus remind Leon of?
(a) German Jews' discrimination against Polish Jews.
(b) The United States Civil War.
(c) German discrimination against Austria.
(d) Discrimination against Jews by Nazis.
3. When did Leon and his parents find out they could move to the United States?
(a) June 1949.
(b) March 1949.
(c) February 1949.
(d) May 1949.
4. What happened after Leon left the infirmary in Chapter 7?
(a) Amon Goeth entered and killed all the patients.
(b) All the patients were asked to leave, regardless of their condition.
(c) The infirmary's head doctor said they would accept no new patients for two weeks.
(d) The infirmary was closed permanently.
5. What was the name of one of Amon Goeth's dogs?
6. To which country did David and Pesza finally move?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
7. Where did Leon and his mother stay in the ghetto to which they were transferred in Chapter 6?
(a) A former synagogue.
(b) A spot in the attic.
(c) A storage shed.
(d) An apartment with 3 bedrooms.
8. Why did Leon not stay with David and Pesza in Czechoslovakia?
(a) Leon had to work in the brush factory.
(b) Chanah said she needed at least one child at home with her.
(c) David and Pesza changed their mind and told him to go back home.
(d) Leon got mad at both of them and left to go home.
9. What did Leon do for the U.S. Army during the Korean War?
(a) Supervised workers in a machine shop in Japan.
(b) Spied on the Koreans.
(c) Drove an army tank.
(d) Worked for a machinist in Alabama.
10. In which subject did Leon earn a master's degree at Pepperdine University?
(a) Environmental studies.
11. Why did Schindler leave in Chapter 9?
(a) To avoid capture and execution by the Soviets.
(b) To try to help the Nazi cause.
(c) To demonstrate his anger toward his workers.
(d) To get away once the factory caught on fire.
12. Where did Leon first find a place to sleep at Plaszow?
(a) On top of a box.
(b) On a bed.
(c) On a cot in an abandoned room.
(d) On a narrow wooden shelf.
13. When did Leon leave Plaszow for the last time?
(a) September 30, 1945.
(b) January 10, 1944.
(c) October 15, 1944.
(d) May 27, 1942.
14. What was the usual daily meal at Plaszow?
(a) Hot water with salt and pepper.
(b) Salty ham.
(c) Potato and cheese soup.
(d) Salad with lettuce and radishes.
15. What work-related physical problem did Leon develop?
(a) He developed gout.
(b) He sometimes had double-vision.
(c) He sometimes could not stand.
(d) He got sores on his legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chanah and Mrs. Bircz plan to try to avoid the roundup in Chapter 6?
2. Why did Amon Goeth shoot Leon's foreman?
3. What change did Mr. Schindler make to Leon's schedule in Chapter 9?
4. Where did Leon work in Chapter 6?
5. When did the Nazis liquidate the entire ghetto in Chapter 6?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)