|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which job was Leon hired for at U.S. Electrical Motors?
(d) Box lifter.
2. Why did Leon and Yossel help an elderly woman?
(a) She had fallen down the stairs.
(b) She needed help carrying her groceries.
(c) She asked for their help painting her apartment.
(d) She needed to go to the infirmary.
3. What type of work was Leon assigned to complete in Chapter 7?
(a) Operating a machine in a factory.
(b) Moving a wooden container from one room to another.
(c) Hauling lumber, rocks, and dirt.
(d) Putting papers in the correct files.
4. What made David cry in Chapter 8?
(a) Learning that Leon was leaving.
(b) Learning that Schindler was leaving.
(c) Learning that Pesza was leaving.
(d) Having to exhume and burn bodies.
5. Where did Leon first find a place to sleep at Plaszow?
(a) On a bed.
(b) On a cot in an abandoned room.
(c) On top of a box.
(d) On a narrow wooden shelf.
6. How many meals were Leon and other workers at Emalia given per day?
7. Where did Leon work in Chapter 6?
(a) An electrical plant.
(b) A brush factory.
(c) The office of the Jewish Council.
(d) A glass factory.
8. When had Hershel and Leon's mother's parents been killed?
(a) August 1942.
(b) August 1941.
(c) September 1942.
(d) September 1941.
9. To which country did David and Pesza finally move?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
10. What classes did Leon and his parents take together in America?
(b) Business English.
(d) English for Foreign Born.
11. Why did Leon want to go to Plaszow in Chapter 6?
(a) He thought the work opportunities there would be better.
(b) He wanted his parents, David, and Pesza to be together again.
(c) He heard rumors that it was better than where he was.
(d) He was afraid of his supervisor at work.
12. How many casings does Leon say he had produced when Oskar Schindler asked him one shift?
13. How did Schindler get the factory's Nazi guards to leave?
(a) He told them they would be reunited with their families.
(b) He promised them a bonus if they left without arguing.
(c) He told them they had a better chance of survival if they left on their own.
(d) He told them they had to leave.
14. What was Schindler's plan that Leon's father mentions in Chapter 8?
(a) Opening a factory similar to Emalia in Germany.
(b) Relocating the factory to Czechoslovakia and bringing his workers with him.
(c) Going into another type of business.
(d) Retiring and moving to Austria.
15. Although Oskar Schindler did not allow it to happen, when were the SS ordered to murder all the workers at Schindler's factory?
(a) April 1945.
(b) May 1945.
(c) January 1945.
(d) June 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what subjects did Dr. Neu tutor Leon?
2. What act of togetherness did the workers from Schindler's factory perform after being told by a Russian soldier that they were free?
3. How did Leon find his father and David?
4. What was the usual daily meal at Plaszow?
5. What language did Leon learn so he could talk to a girl in camp in Wetzlar?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)