|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Schindler's plan that Leon's father mentions in Chapter 8?
(a) Opening a factory similar to Emalia in Germany.
(b) Relocating the factory to Czechoslovakia and bringing his workers with him.
(c) Going into another type of business.
(d) Retiring and moving to Austria.
2. Why did Schindler leave cigarettes at Moshe's work station?
(a) He left them by accident.
(b) He wanted to see what would happen.
(c) He was trying to introduce Moshe to smoking.
(d) He left them so Moshe could trade them for food.
3. What made David cry in Chapter 8?
(a) Having to exhume and burn bodies.
(b) Learning that Leon was leaving.
(c) Learning that Schindler was leaving.
(d) Learning that Pesza was leaving.
4. What sight did Leon want to remember forever?
(a) Defeated German soldiers.
(b) Victorious German soldiers.
(c) Defeated Austrian soldiers.
(d) Victorious Austrian soldiers.
5. What act of togetherness did the workers from Schindler's factory perform after being told by a Russian soldier that they were free?
(a) They tore the numbers and triangles off their uniforms.
(b) They smashed their bottles of vodka.
(c) They sang traditional Jewish songs.
(d) They went to the nearest town together.
6. When did David and his father move to the Schindler sub-camp?
(a) Winter 1944.
(b) Summer 1944.
(c) Spring 1944.
(d) Fall 1944.
7. How long did Leon teach at Huntington Park High School?
(a) 26 years.
(b) 1 semester.
(c) 19 years.
(d) 39 years.
8. What request of Moshe's did Schindler agree to in Chapter 8?
(a) Moving David to day shift.
(b) Moving Leon to night shift.
(c) Adding Pesza to the list of workers to go to his new factory.
(d) Allowing Moshe to work rotating shifts.
9. What language did Leon learn so he could talk to a girl in camp in Wetzlar?
(c) Mandarin Chinese.
10. What work-related physical problem did David develop?
(a) He sometimes had double-vision.
(b) He got sores on his legs.
(c) He developed gout.
(d) He sometimes could not stand.
11. When had Hershel and Leon's mother's parents been killed?
(a) September 1942.
(b) August 1942.
(c) August 1941.
(d) September 1941.
12. Where did Leon and his family go after being freed?
13. What happened after Leon left the infirmary in Chapter 7?
(a) The infirmary's head doctor said they would accept no new patients for two weeks.
(b) The infirmary was closed permanently.
(c) All the patients were asked to leave, regardless of their condition.
(d) Amon Goeth entered and killed all the patients.
14. Which job was Leon hired for at U.S. Electrical Motors?
(c) Box lifter.
15. Where did Moshe work after liberation?
(a) The glass factory.
(b) The village grocery store.
(c) The brush factory.
(d) The office of the Jewish Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason might the guards have shot at Leon in Chapter 6?
2. Why did Leon want to go to Plaszow in Chapter 6?
3. When Leon found his father, what did Moshe tell him?
4. Why did Leon's parents feel fortunate to be a part of the Narewka Benevolent Club?
5. With whom in the United States did Leon first share his experiences during World War II?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)