|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Gestapo take Moshe in Chapter 3?
(a) St. Gary's prison.
(b) St. Paul's.
(c) St. Michael's prison.
(d) St. George's prison.
2. Why did Leon's friends start ignoring him?
(a) He had started ignoring them.
(b) He had been rude to them.
(c) He was Christian.
(d) He was Jewish.
3. Why would Tsalig not get off the train with Schindler?
(a) He did not trust Schindler.
(b) He was determined to stay with Miriam.
(c) He was afraid of returning home.
(d) He did not know that he could.
4. Which family member verbalized his or her worries the most?
5. Why did Hershel's family, his parents and siblings, not see him much when they lived in Krakow?
(a) Hershel went to live with 2 of his friends.
(b) Hershel had problems getting along with his parents and often left for days at a time.
(c) Hershel spent much of his time with his girlfriend.
(d) Hershel spent most of his time working.
6. What was the dominant religion in Poland?
(d) Roman Catholicism.
7. Why was Tsalig deported in Chapter 4?
(a) He did not have a Blauschein.
(b) He did not have a job.
(c) He did not show up as required.
(d) He refused to answer the Nazis' questions.
8. Who were the Leyson's neighbors in their apartment in the ghetto?
(a) Mr. Grayson and his children.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Lansman.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Luftig.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Morris.
9. Why did Moshe return home to Krakow instead of continuing to Narewka with Hershel?
(a) He received word that Chanah had requested that he return.
(b) He had to retrieve an item in Krakow.
(c) He reconsidered his decision to leave his wife and children.
(d) He was afraid of getting captured in Narewka.
10. Which group did Hitler blame publicly for Germany's problems?
11. Why did Leon not try to save Tsalig?
(a) He was afraid his family would have to relocate to another apartment if he did.
(b) He was worried that his family members would lose their jobs if he did.
(c) He knew he would be endangering his whole family if he did.
(d) He was afraid they would discover that his father did not have a work permit.
12. Why did the people who broke in and ransacked a neighbor's apartment report Leon's father to the Gestapo?
(a) He refused to give them the key to the apartment.
(b) He did not have a work permit.
(c) He told them not to break into the apartment.
(d) He was not wearing a Star of David armband.
13. Before 1939, what was the war that lasted from 1914-1918 called?
(a) The Great War.
(b) The German-Polish War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
14. Which trait did Leon share with his new friends in Krakow in Chapter 2?
(c) Technical wizardry.
(d) Lack of empathy.
15. Why did Moshe move to Krakow?
(a) To provide for his family.
(b) To escape persecution.
(c) To find a new job.
(d) To leave his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Leon make friends with in the ghetto?
2. Who did Leon's father ask Schindler to hire?
3. What was a way that Leon earned money in Chapter 2?
4. When did Leon's mother light the Shabbat candles?
5. How many synagogues were located in Krakow when Leon moved there?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)