|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Leon's father work for free in Chapter 3?
(a) He did this in exchange for housing and food.
(b) He did it in order to have some protection against the Nazis.
(c) He was required to work, even though he was not paid.
(d) The work enabled him to gain experience to open his own business.
2. How did the Nazis announce what they considered to be their successes?
(a) Through Morse code.
(b) On big screens with newsreels.
(c) By roving announcers.
(d) On television.
3. Where did Schindler want a sub-camp built?
(a) Two miles from Emalia.
(b) One-third mile east of Emalia.
(c) One-half mile west of Emalia.
(d) On the property adjacent to Emalia.
4. Why did Chanah, Leon, Yossel, and Samuel not come out when a man said, "It's safe now. You can come out."?
(a) They thought the worst was still to come.
(b) They recognized his voice as that of a Nazi guard.
(c) They thought it might be a lie.
(d) They were unsure if they had heard him correctly.
5. In what kind of factory did Leon's father work in Chapter 2?
(a) A clothing factory.
(b) A paper factory.
(c) A balloon factory.
(d) A glass factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Gestapo take Moshe in Chapter 3?
2. Where were Leon and his mother moved to in December 1942?
3. Why did the Nazi soldiers break into the Leyson family's apartment and slap Leon?
4. According to the prologue, how did Leon Leyson reach the controls of the machine he was supposed to operate in Schindler's factory?
5. Why did Leon's friends start ignoring him?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)