|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hershel go to Krakow with his father?
(a) He was afraid that if he did not join his father there, he would not see his father again.
(b) He preferred rural life.
(c) He was sent to a reform school there.
(d) He wanted to do something more "useful" than attending school.
2. Who were the Gestapo?
(a) Polish security guards.
(b) Regional Nazi administrators.
(c) Local Polish politicians.
(d) The German secret police.
3. Why did Leon's mother's siblings move to the United States?
(a) To seek careers in the entertainment industry.
(b) To escape religious persecution.
(c) To escape violence within their family.
(d) To return to their family's cultural roots.
4. What was the name of one of Amon Goeth's dogs?
5. How did Chanah and Mrs. Bircz plan to try to avoid the roundup in Chapter 6?
(a) By hiding in the closets in their apartments.
(b) By volunteering to leave.
(c) By appearing busy sweeping and cleaning the courtyard.
(d) By staying at their jobs overnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Leon not try to save Tsalig?
2. Why did Leon's friends start ignoring him?
3. Why did the Nazi soldiers break into the Leyson family's apartment and slap Leon?
4. Why did Hershel's family, his parents and siblings, not see him much when they lived in Krakow?
5. What was the dominant religion in Poland?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)