|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a way that Leon earned money in Chapter 2?
(a) He worked in a factory, even though he was technically too young to do so.
(b) He sold the fruits and vegetables that his father and mother grew.
(c) He earned a set allowance every month for completing chores.
(d) He delivered notes for a neighbor, who paid his streetcar fare.
2. Why did the people who broke in and ransacked a neighbor's apartment report Leon's father to the Gestapo?
(a) He refused to give them the key to the apartment.
(b) He did not have a work permit.
(c) He was not wearing a Star of David armband.
(d) He told them not to break into the apartment.
3. Which foreign country posed the greatest threat to Polish Jews in the late 1930s?
(d) The USA.
4. Why did Leon's grandfather, Jacob Meyer, lease farmland from the Eastern Orthodox Church?
(a) He was unable to afford to buy the land.
(b) No one in Poland at the time could directly own land.
(c) All citizens of Narewka chose to lease land from the church.
(d) Jews were prohibited by Polish law from owning land.
5. Who did Leon stand next to in the synagogue every Friday night and Saturday morning?
(a) Mr. Lansman.
(b) Jacob Meyer.
(d) His great-grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Leon's parents?
2. When did Leon's mother light the Shabbat candles?
3. In what kind of factory did Leon's father work in Chapter 2?
4. How many synagogues were located in Krakow when Leon moved there?
5. Which group did Hitler blame publicly for Germany's problems?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)