|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Moshe return home to Krakow instead of continuing to Narewka with Hershel?
(a) He reconsidered his decision to leave his wife and children.
(b) He was afraid of getting captured in Narewka.
(c) He had to retrieve an item in Krakow.
(d) He received word that Chanah had requested that he return.
2. Why was Leon's father sought after by many factory owners in Krakow?
(a) He was an expert supervisor.
(b) He was a skilled painter of murals.
(c) He was an expert machinist.
(d) He was an expert electrician.
3. According to the prologue, how did Leon Leyson reach the controls of the machine he was supposed to operate in Schindler's factory?
(a) He stood on a wooden box.
(b) He stood on a 4-foot-long ladder.
(c) He stood on a metal shipping container.
(d) He stood on a footstool.
4. According to Nazis, Aryans were people with what characteristics?
(a) Blue eyes and brown hair.
(b) Blue eyes and blond hair.
(c) Brown eyes and brown hair.
(d) Brown eyes and blond hair.
5. Why did the Nazi soldiers break into the Leyson family's apartment and slap Leon?
(a) They noticed that he was not wearing his required armband.
(b) He had refused to speak to one of them.
(c) They found out he was Jewish.
(d) He had disobeyed an order from one of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Moshe Leyson get a new job at a factory owned by a Nazi in Chapter 3?
2. After the Germans first invaded in 1939, which country was most likely to help Poland defeat the Germans?
3. How did Tsalig learn about electricity and its installation?
4. Which word describes the way Leon and David responded in the days after their father is beaten and taken away?
5. In the prologue, why is Leon Leyson, the author and narrator, nervous?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)