|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Leon's siblings was most likely to tease him?
2. Before 1939, what was the war that lasted from 1914-1918 called?
(a) The Great War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The German-Polish War.
3. Why did Leon's father and Hershel head back to Narewka?
(a) They went to try to avoid being conscripted into the war.
(b) They went because they were required to do so.
(c) They went to retrieve items the family had left there.
(d) They went to earn more money for the family.
4. Why was Leon's father sought after by many factory owners in Krakow?
(a) He was an expert electrician.
(b) He was an expert machinist.
(c) He was a skilled painter of murals.
(d) He was an expert supervisor.
5. Why did Moshe return home to Krakow instead of continuing to Narewka with Hershel?
(a) He had to retrieve an item in Krakow.
(b) He was afraid of getting captured in Narewka.
(c) He reconsidered his decision to leave his wife and children.
(d) He received word that Chanah had requested that he return.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Leon's mother, Chanah, obtain food for her family after Moshe was taken away?
2. How did Chanah and Moshe meet?
3. Which moments does Leon say are the worst of his life?
4. Why was going on a train ride exciting for Leon in Chapter 2?
5. What was the name of the Nazi business owner who hired Leon's father?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)