|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what did Leon decide was the greatest invention?
(b) Indoor plumbing.
(d) The lightbulb.
2. Which child did Leon think was his father's favorite?
3. What was a way that Leon earned money in Chapter 2?
(a) He earned a set allowance every month for completing chores.
(b) He delivered notes for a neighbor, who paid his streetcar fare.
(c) He worked in a factory, even though he was technically too young to do so.
(d) He sold the fruits and vegetables that his father and mother grew.
4. How did Leon's mother, Chanah, obtain food for her family after Moshe was taken away?
(a) She worked at a factory.
(b) She grew and harvested the food they needed.
(c) She traded the 10 gold coins her mother had given her.
(d) She received help from other nearby Jewish families.
5. When did Leon's mother light the Shabbat candles?
(a) On Saturday evenings.
(b) On Friday evenings.
(c) On Tuesday afternoons.
(d) On Sunday mornings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is foreshadowed by the Yiddish song "Oyfn Pripetchik" (called "On the Hearth" in English)?
2. What was the short name for Schindler's factory?
3. When did Germans show up in Krakow after having invaded Poland?
4. In what kind of factory did Leon's father work in Chapter 2?
5. Which moments does Leon say are the worst of his life?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)