|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Gestapo?
(a) Regional Nazi administrators.
(b) Local Polish politicians.
(c) The German secret police.
(d) Polish security guards.
2. What is foreshadowed by the Yiddish song "Oyfn Pripetchik" (called "On the Hearth" in English)?
(a) The family's religious rituals.
(b) The upcoming Thanksgiving season.
(c) The forthcoming mistreatment of Jews.
(d) The war lasting from 1914-1918.
3. Why did Moshe move to Krakow?
(a) To find a new job.
(b) To escape persecution.
(c) To provide for his family.
(d) To leave his wife.
4. When did Leon's mother light the Shabbat candles?
(a) On Sunday mornings.
(b) On Tuesday afternoons.
(c) On Friday evenings.
(d) On Saturday evenings.
5. Which of Leon's siblings was most likely to tease him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Nazi business owner who hired Leon's father?
2. What was the dominant religion in Poland?
3. Which child did Leon think was his father's favorite?
4. Who did Leon stand next to in the synagogue every Friday night and Saturday morning?
5. Who did Leon's parents and many others in Narewka make a mistake of trusting in 1939?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)