|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Moshe move to Krakow?
(a) To leave his wife.
(b) To provide for his family.
(c) To find a new job.
(d) To escape persecution.
2. Why was Leon's father sought after by many factory owners in Krakow?
(a) He was an expert supervisor.
(b) He was an expert machinist.
(c) He was a skilled painter of murals.
(d) He was an expert electrician.
3. What was the dominant religion in Poland?
(c) Roman Catholicism.
4. How was Leon singled out by his fourth-grade teacher one day?
(a) He addressed Leon as "little Moses," which was an insult intended for Jewish boys.
(b) He was praised for his artwork.
(c) He was praised for his singing voice, which was extraordinary.
(d) He was reprimanded for not reciting the Polish pledge of allegiance properly.
5. Which aspect of the Sabbath did Leon particularly enjoy?
(a) The work.
(b) The quiet.
(c) The business.
(d) The academics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Leon's parents?
2. When did Germans show up in Krakow after having invaded Poland?
3. Why did Hershel's family, his parents and siblings, not see him much when they lived in Krakow?
4. Which foreign country posed the greatest threat to Polish Jews in the late 1930s?
5. Who did Leon's parents and many others in Narewka make a mistake of trusting in 1939?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)