|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Moshe move to Krakow?
(a) To find a new job.
(b) To leave his wife.
(c) To escape persecution.
(d) To provide for his family.
2. What significant event happens when Leon was 8?
(a) He moved to Krakow.
(b) He moved to Narewka.
(c) He was no longer an only child.
(d) He attended school for the first time.
3. Which foreign country posed the greatest threat to Polish Jews in the late 1930s?
(d) The USA.
4. Which word best describes Leon's parents?
5. Why was Leon's father sought after by many factory owners in Krakow?
(a) He was a skilled painter of murals.
(b) He was an expert electrician.
(c) He was an expert supervisor.
(d) He was an expert machinist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Germans show up in Krakow after having invaded Poland?
2. Why did Leon's father and Hershel head back to Narewka?
3. What happened when Leon's cousin Yossel asked his teacher if he could change his name to that of a Polish national hero?
4. During what part of the year were Jews in Narewka treated differently?
5. Which child did Leon think was his father's favorite?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)