|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what did Leon decide was the greatest invention?
(a) Indoor plumbing.
(b) The lightbulb.
2. What ominous sign happened on September 1, 1939?
(a) Poland announced that it was changing its government.
(b) The United States invaded Poland.
(c) Poland invaded Germany.
(d) Germany invaded and attacked Poland.
3. How was Leon singled out by his fourth-grade teacher one day?
(a) He was reprimanded for not reciting the Polish pledge of allegiance properly.
(b) He addressed Leon as "little Moses," which was an insult intended for Jewish boys.
(c) He was praised for his singing voice, which was extraordinary.
(d) He was praised for his artwork.
4. Which child did Leon think was his father's favorite?
5. Before 1939, what was the war that lasted from 1914-1918 called?
(a) World War II.
(b) The German-Polish War.
(c) The Great War.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue, why is Leon Leyson, the author and narrator, nervous?
2. In what kind of factory did Leon's father work in Chapter 2?
3. What happened when Leon's cousin Yossel asked his teacher if he could change his name to that of a Polish national hero?
4. How did Tsalig learn about electricity and its installation?
5. Why did Moshe move to Krakow?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)