|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Leon born?
2. Which word best describes Leon's parents?
3. According to the prologue, how did Oskar Schindler convince the Nazis to give permission for Leon and other Jewish people to work in his factories?
(a) He claimed that they might possibly be spies working for the enemy.
(b) He explained that they could help him build more factories.
(c) He claimed they were essential to the war effort.
(d) He said that the workers would help to rebuild Germany's economy.
4. What is foreshadowed by the Yiddish song "Oyfn Pripetchik" (called "On the Hearth" in English)?
(a) The forthcoming mistreatment of Jews.
(b) The war lasting from 1914-1918.
(c) The family's religious rituals.
(d) The upcoming Thanksgiving season.
5. Who did Leon stand next to in the synagogue every Friday night and Saturday morning?
(b) Jacob Meyer.
(c) Mr. Lansman.
(d) His great-grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Tsalig?
2. What happened when Leon's cousin Yossel asked his teacher if he could change his name to that of a Polish national hero?
3. In which of the following fun childhood activities did Leon participate in Chapter 1?
4. Which child did Leon think was his father's favorite?
5. According to the prologue, how did Leon Leyson reach the controls of the machine he was supposed to operate in Schindler's factory?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)