|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Leon's grandfather, Jacob Meyer, lease farmland from the Eastern Orthodox Church?
(a) All citizens of Narewka chose to lease land from the church.
(b) He was unable to afford to buy the land.
(c) No one in Poland at the time could directly own land.
(d) Jews were prohibited by Polish law from owning land.
2. Why did Moshe move to Krakow?
(a) To escape persecution.
(b) To leave his wife.
(c) To find a new job.
(d) To provide for his family.
3. In the prologue, why is Leon Leyson, the author and narrator, nervous?
(a) He is worried about World War II beginning.
(b) He is scared about mistakes he has made in the past.
(c) He is afraid that Oskar Schindler will not remember him.
(d) He is concerned about his economic situation.
4. According to the prologue, how did Leon Leyson reach the controls of the machine he was supposed to operate in Schindler's factory?
(a) He stood on a footstool.
(b) He stood on a wooden box.
(c) He stood on a metal shipping container.
(d) He stood on a 4-foot-long ladder.
5. What language did Leon and other Jewish children speak at home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Leon born?
2. According to the prologue, how did Oskar Schindler convince the Nazis to give permission for Leon and other Jewish people to work in his factories?
3. Which of the following was true of Narewka in 1935?
4. In which of the following fun childhood activities did Leon participate in Chapter 1?
5. What was the dominant religion in Poland?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)