|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which child did Leon think was his father's favorite?
2. Who did Leon stand next to in the synagogue every Friday night and Saturday morning?
(a) Mr. Lansman.
(c) His great-grandfather.
(d) Jacob Meyer.
3. In which of the following fun childhood activities did Leon participate in Chapter 1?
(a) Playing baseball.
(b) Jumping in the river.
(c) Riding a bicycle.
(d) Playing basketball.
4. What is foreshadowed by the Yiddish song "Oyfn Pripetchik" (called "On the Hearth" in English)?
(a) The family's religious rituals.
(b) The upcoming Thanksgiving season.
(c) The war lasting from 1914-1918.
(d) The forthcoming mistreatment of Jews.
5. Why did Leon's grandfather, Jacob Meyer, lease farmland from the Eastern Orthodox Church?
(a) All citizens of Narewka chose to lease land from the church.
(b) He was unable to afford to buy the land.
(c) Jews were prohibited by Polish law from owning land.
(d) No one in Poland at the time could directly own land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Leon born?
2. What was the dominant religion in Poland?
3. What happened when Leon's cousin Yossel asked his teacher if he could change his name to that of a Polish national hero?
4. How did Chanah and Moshe meet?
5. According to the prologue, how did Leon Leyson reach the controls of the machine he was supposed to operate in Schindler's factory?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)