|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Leyson family's new home in the ghetto located?
(a) A building at Lwowska 10.
(b) A building at Lwowska 18.
(c) A building at Lwowska 13.
(d) A building at Lwowska 19.
2. Who tells Leon that his name has been crossed off of Schindler's list?
(b) His supervisor at the brush factory.
(c) Amon Goeth.
3. Why did Hershel's family, his parents and siblings, not see him much when they lived in Krakow?
(a) Hershel spent much of his time with his girlfriend.
(b) Hershel spent most of his time working.
(c) Hershel went to live with 2 of his friends.
(d) Hershel had problems getting along with his parents and often left for days at a time.
4. In which of the following fun childhood activities did Leon participate in Chapter 1?
(a) Jumping in the river.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Playing baseball.
(d) Riding a bicycle.
5. According to the prologue, how did Leon Leyson reach the controls of the machine he was supposed to operate in Schindler's factory?
(a) He stood on a footstool.
(b) He stood on a wooden box.
(c) He stood on a 4-foot-long ladder.
(d) He stood on a metal shipping container.
Short Answer Questions
1. In December 1939, what did Nazis decree that Jews could no longer do?
2. Why did Leon's grandfather, Jacob Meyer, lease farmland from the Eastern Orthodox Church?
3. Why did Leon not try to save Tsalig?
4. What kind of work did Leon's mother do?
5. Who were the Gestapo?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)