|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what did Leon decide was the greatest invention?
(a) Indoor plumbing.
(c) The lightbulb.
2. Who did Leon make friends with in the ghetto?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Murray.
(b) The Apperson family.
(c) Joseph and Stuart.
(d) Yossel and Samuel.
3. Why did Leon and Yossel help an elderly woman?
(a) She asked for their help painting her apartment.
(b) She needed to go to the infirmary.
(c) She had fallen down the stairs.
(d) She needed help carrying her groceries.
4. Why was Tsalig deported in Chapter 4?
(a) He did not show up as required.
(b) He did not have a job.
(c) He did not have a Blauschein.
(d) He refused to answer the Nazis' questions.
5. What type of work was Leon assigned to complete in Chapter 7?
(a) Operating a machine in a factory.
(b) Hauling lumber, rocks, and dirt.
(c) Moving a wooden container from one room to another.
(d) Putting papers in the correct files.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a way that Leon earned money in Chapter 2?
2. When did Leon leave Plaszow for the last time?
3. Which trait did Leon share with his new friends in Krakow in Chapter 2?
4. Why was going on a train ride exciting for Leon in Chapter 2?
5. What work-related physical problem did Leon's father develop?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)