|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Leon's father sought after by many factory owners in Krakow?
(a) He was an expert supervisor.
(b) He was a skilled painter of murals.
(c) He was an expert machinist.
(d) He was an expert electrician.
2. What is foreshadowed by the Yiddish song "Oyfn Pripetchik" (called "On the Hearth" in English)?
(a) The upcoming Thanksgiving season.
(b) The forthcoming mistreatment of Jews.
(c) The family's religious rituals.
(d) The war lasting from 1914-1918.
3. What was the dominant religion in Poland?
(c) Roman Catholicism.
4. Why did Leon's grandfather, Jacob Meyer, lease farmland from the Eastern Orthodox Church?
(a) All citizens of Narewka chose to lease land from the church.
(b) No one in Poland at the time could directly own land.
(c) Jews were prohibited by Polish law from owning land.
(d) He was unable to afford to buy the land.
5. In the prologue, why is Leon Leyson, the author and narrator, nervous?
(a) He is concerned about his economic situation.
(b) He is scared about mistakes he has made in the past.
(c) He is worried about World War II beginning.
(d) He is afraid that Oskar Schindler will not remember him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Leon's parents and many others in Narewka make a mistake of trusting in 1939?
2. Who did Leon stand next to in the synagogue every Friday night and Saturday morning?
3. Where did the Gestapo take Moshe in Chapter 3?
4. Why did Hershel go to Krakow with his father?
5. Why wasn't Moshe fired by the new Nazi owners of the glass factory when all other Jewish workers there were?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)