|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wasn't Moshe fired by the new Nazi owners of the glass factory when all other Jewish workers there were?
(a) He had been the first worker hired there.
(b) He spoke German.
(c) He spoke Hebrew.
(d) He begged not to be fired.
2. Why did Hershel's family, his parents and siblings, not see him much when they lived in Krakow?
(a) Hershel spent much of his time with his girlfriend.
(b) Hershel had problems getting along with his parents and often left for days at a time.
(c) Hershel spent most of his time working.
(d) Hershel went to live with 2 of his friends.
3. Where did the Gestapo take Moshe in Chapter 3?
(a) St. Gary's prison.
(b) St. Michael's prison.
(c) St. George's prison.
(d) St. Paul's.
4. Why did Leon's father and Hershel head back to Narewka?
(a) They went to try to avoid being conscripted into the war.
(b) They went because they were required to do so.
(c) They went to earn more money for the family.
(d) They went to retrieve items the family had left there.
5. Which group did Hitler blame publicly for Germany's problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chanah and Moshe meet?
2. In what kind of factory did Leon's father work in Chapter 2?
3. Why did Moshe move to Krakow?
4. Who did Leon's parents and many others in Narewka make a mistake of trusting in 1939?
5. Which of Leon's siblings was most likely to tease him?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)