|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which shift did most Jewish workers at Emalia work?
(a) Day shift.
(b) Rotating shifts.
(c) Night shift.
(d) Swing shift.
2. According to Nazis, Aryans were people with what characteristics?
(a) Brown eyes and blond hair.
(b) Brown eyes and brown hair.
(c) Blue eyes and blond hair.
(d) Blue eyes and brown hair.
3. How was Leon singled out by his fourth-grade teacher one day?
(a) He was reprimanded for not reciting the Polish pledge of allegiance properly.
(b) He was praised for his singing voice, which was extraordinary.
(c) He was praised for his artwork.
(d) He addressed Leon as "little Moses," which was an insult intended for Jewish boys.
4. What did Mr. Luftig leave behind for Leon in Chapter 4?
(a) His tobacco.
(b) His book collection.
(c) His silverware.
(d) His thermos.
5. In what kind of factory did Leon's father work in Chapter 2?
(a) A clothing factory.
(b) A balloon factory.
(c) A paper factory.
(d) A glass factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work did Leon's mother do?
2. Why was Leon's father sought after by many factory owners in Krakow?
3. When did Germans show up in Krakow after having invaded Poland?
4. What became a preoccupation for Leon?
5. Which family member verbalized his or her worries the most?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)