• The prologue is set in fall of 1965. Leon Leyson, the author and narrator, a 35-year-old man, is waiting at an airport in Los Angeles to meet the man who saved him two decades earlier, when he was 15.
• In the last two decades, he has become a teacher, a United States citizen, and an army veteran; he is also married.
• He is nervous that Oskar Schindler, the man who saved him, might not remember him.
• Oskar Schindler saved Leon Leyson and over a thousand other Jewish people from death in the Holocaust.
• The author worked in one of Schindler’s factories during World War II, even though he had no useful skills, because Schindler told the Nazis that Leon and the other people he saved were essential to the war effort.
• Oskar Schindler does remember Leon Leyson when he sees him at the airport, even though it has...
This section contains 7,052 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)