|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bruno define his father’s office in the story, both in Berlin and in Out-With?
(a) “On Strict Orders of the Fury.”
(b) “Out Of Bounds At All Times And No Exceptions.”
(c) “Enter At Your Own Risk.”
(d) “A Place Where Top Priority Business Occurs.”
2. What is described as being directly underneath Bruno’s window in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window"?
(a) A fountain.
(b) A bench.
(c) A goldfish pond.
(d) A garden.
3. What color hair is Gretel said to have in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
4. Gretel is how many years older than Bruno in the novel?
5. Why can Gretel not see “the children” from her own bedroom window in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
(a) She has no window in her room.
(b) It is covered with boards on the outside.
(c) It faces the front of the house.
(d) It is too high to see out of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words comprised the common Nazi salute during the Third Reich?
2. What had been Bruno’s grandmother’s employment in her youth?
3. What is Bruno’s response when his father asks him in his office in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions,” “What do you think? … Of your new home. Do you like it?”
4. Bruno says in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that in Berlin on their quiet street they only had how many houses?
5. What does Maria tell Bruno she’d always enjoyed at the house in Berlin in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid"?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)