|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What covers the walls in Bruno’s father’s office in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions"?
(a) Mahogany bookshelves.
(b) Photographs of Hitler.
(c) Maps and battle plans.
(d) Dark draperies.
2. Maria tells Bruno in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid" that her mother had worked for Bruno’s grandmother in what capacity?
(a) As her bank manager.
(b) As her dresser.
(c) As her accountant.
(d) As her secretary.
3. Whom does Bruno complain to about the move his family has made in his new bedroom in Chapter Two: "The New House"?
4. Gretel says in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that “Father hates” what?
(a) “Modern things.”
(c) “German things.”
5. Bruno says of his father and all fathers in Chapter Two: "The New House" that “fathers are supposed to be” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria tells Bruno in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid,” “We must all just keep ourselves safe until this is all over. That’s what I intend to do anyway. What more can we do than that after all? It’s not up to us to” what?
2. The maid Maria is said to have come to work for Bruno’s family when Bruno was how old, in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid"?
3. The narrator notes in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that “Hilda had been told time and time again that she was not to call her brother” what?
4. What does Gretel ask Maria to do when she enters Bruno’s room in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid"?
5. How old is Bruno in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)