|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The maid Maria is said to have come to work for Bruno’s family when Bruno was how old, in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid"?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 6 months old.
(d) 3 years old.
2. What covers the walls in Bruno’s father’s office in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions"?
(a) Photographs of Hitler.
(b) Dark draperies.
(c) Mahogany bookshelves.
(d) Maps and battle plans.
3. Why can Gretel not see “the children” from her own bedroom window in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
(a) It faces the front of the house.
(b) She has no window in her room.
(c) It is too high to see out of.
(d) It is covered with boards on the outside.
4. Gretel explains to Bruno in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case" that “Out-With” is the name of what?
(a) The house.
(b) The garden.
(c) The town.
(d) The country.
5. How old is Bruno in the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the people behind the fence said to be pushing from one side of the camp to the other in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window"?
2. Maria tells Bruno in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid" that her mother had worked for Bruno’s grandmother in what capacity?
3. How does Bruno define his father’s office in the story, both in Berlin and in Out-With?
4. The narrator notes in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that “Hilda had been told time and time again that she was not to call her brother” what?
5. The people on the other side of the fence are described as being how far from Bruno’s home, as he and Gretel watch from the window in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window"?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)