|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gretel’s answer when Bruno asks her in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case,” “What is foreseeable future exactly?”
(a) “It means just a few days.”
(b) “It means in at least a year.”
(c) “It means a few months.”
(d) “It means weeks from now.”
2. How old is Bruno in the beginning of the novel?
3. What are the people behind the fence said to be pushing from one side of the camp to the other in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window"?
4. How many floors, including the basement, comprise Bruno’s family’s new home in Out-With?
5. How many other maids join Maria in service at Bruno’s family’s home in Out-With in Chapter Two: "The New House"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Gretel in the beginning of the novel?
2. Whom does Bruno recall his mother having said they “never should have let come to dinner” in his memory of leaving their home in Berlin in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions"?
3. Gretel says in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that “Father hates” what?
4. What is the meaning of the word “ergo,” used in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions”?
5. What had been Bruno’s grandmother’s employment in her youth?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)