|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Staples is murdered outside her flat, what does Conklin order Richards to do?
2. While devising their plan to uncover the traitor, how does Havilland attempt to force Conklin to turn in Marie?
3. As he prepares to leave for Macau, why does Webb insist to his wife that it must be him to go after Sheng?
4. What disguise does the impostor mimic from the Jackal while in Beijing?
5. What is Havilland surprised to learn when Webb tells him about the trap set for him in Beijing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 36, why does Sheng suspect the situation is not being handled by a professional?
2. Why does Webb not kill the impostor Bourne immediately?
3. What steps did Lin take to uncover the traitor on his team?
4. Summarize McAllister's role in Webb's plan to confront Sheng.
5. How does Webb convince Marie that it must be him to go on the mission to confront Sheng?
6. Contrast Webb's character as Bourne with the man who reunites with Marie at the end of Chapter 32.
7. Why does Conklin refuse to surrender Marie until the traitor is found?
8. Which Webb/Bourne identity ultimately kills Sheng at the meeting in the clearing?
9. Why does d'Anjou bait Sheng to the point of his own execution on the night of the great blade?
10. How does Webb narrow down the possible avenues of attack on the target at the airport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both internal and external conflicts drive this story as Webb seeks his independence from the people controlling him.
Part 1) Describe the internal and external conflicts Webb encounters in this novel.
Part 2) How does Webb attempt to save his independence in this novel?
Part 3) Do you think Webb will every truly be independent? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
Good versus evil is a theme throughout "The Bourne Supremacy," both literally and figuratively.
Part 1) How is good presented in the book? How is evil presented in the book? Cite examples.
Part 2) Select two characters from the book and explain why they are good, evil, or a combination of both. Provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Catherine Staples and Marie are the only two significant female characters in the novel.
Part 1) Compare and contrast the characters of Catherine and Marie. How are they the same? How are they different?
Part 2) List specific events from the book where Catherine and Marie have an impact on others.
Part 3) How do Marie and Catherine affect the plot and tone of the novel?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)