|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the men leave the helicopter, what does Webb claim he and Conklin suspected from the start of this whole mission?
2. Who kills the impostor Bourne in the climactic scene at the mansion?
3. After they arrive in Beijing and tail this suspect to his hotel, who do Webb and d'Anjou learn Joseph Wadsworth is?
4. Why does Webb choose the Guangdong hills as the meeting point for the upcoming "meeting" between Webb and McAllister?
5. What does Havilland hope will be the outcome of Webb's plan to confront Sheng?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marie find strange about Staples' behavior as she awaits Catherine's return?
2. In Chapter 36, why does Sheng suspect the situation is not being handled by a professional?
3. Describe Webb's initial interactions with the Macau conduit he follows outside of the casino.
4. Why does Conklin refuse to surrender Marie until the traitor is found?
5. What does Panov suggest to Marie and Webb before he leaves to go home and attend to patients?
6. Summarize McAllister's role in Webb's plan to confront Sheng.
7. Why does d'Anjou bait Sheng to the point of his own execution on the night of the great blade?
8. How does Webb narrow down the possible avenues of attack on the target at the airport?
9. How does Webb move forward with his plan to save Marie after escaping the trap set at the memorial hall?
10. Which Webb/Bourne identity ultimately kills Sheng at the meeting in the clearing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the protagonist, David Webb is set up to be the hero of the novel.
Part 1) Provide a definition for the term "hero."
Part 2) Do you feel Webb is a hero? Why or why not? Cite examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the literary elements of "The Bourne Supremacy."
Part 1) Summarize the types of literary elements utilized by the author.
Part 2) Select one literary element and expand upon how this element enhanced the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Select two characters that are connected in some way in the novel. Analyze the importance of their relationship with one another and the novel.
Part 1) Which two characters are you planning to discuss, and what is their relationship in the novel? How is this relationship important?
Part 2) What role does each play in the conflict? How do these characters relate with one another?
Part 3) How would the absence of these characters affect the novel?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)