|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Webb and McAllister are setting the plan into action, what does Sheng suspect as he is informed of the events at Jade Tower?
2. What does Webb realize as he emerges from the trap set for him at the mausoleum?
3. What is the Canadian Commissioner asked to present to Havilland after he is told of a suspicious woman who has recently visited the Canadian consulate?
4. Who does the Macau conduit, known as Wong during the mission to meet Sheng, tell Webb is following them?
5. After driving out of the bird sanctuary with the impostor at the wheel, why does Webb decide to head to a local airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Webb move forward with his plan to save Marie after escaping the trap set at the memorial hall?
2. What do Staples' actions in the Victoria Peak mansion suggest about her character?
3. What does Panov suggest to Marie and Webb before he leaves to go home and attend to patients?
4. Which Webb/Bourne identity ultimately kills Sheng at the meeting in the clearing?
5. What does Marie find strange about Staples' behavior as she awaits Catherine's return?
6. What is the significance of the meeting between Webb, all the men, and Marie at the opening of Chapter 33?
7. Why does Conklin refuse to surrender Marie until the traitor is found?
8. How does Webb narrow down the possible avenues of attack on the target at the airport?
9. Summarize McAllister's role in Webb's plan to confront Sheng.
10. Contrast Webb's character as Bourne with the man who reunites with Marie at the end of Chapter 32.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both internal and external conflicts drive this story as Webb seeks his independence from the people controlling him.
Part 1) Describe the internal and external conflicts Webb encounters in this novel.
Part 2) How does Webb attempt to save his independence in this novel?
Part 3) Do you think Webb will every truly be independent? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
How and why is Sheng compared to Hitler and other cruel rulers? Compare and contrast Sheng's character with the cruel rulers cited in the story. Which ruler does Sheng resemble most? Cite examples to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Imagery and writing style play a big role in writing suspense novels. Describe examples of imagery you found to be most effective and impressive, and discuss their significance to the novel.
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)