|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to serving as a "watchdog" for the meeting between McAllister and Havilland in Chapter 2, who is John Reilly?
(a) A member of the NSC.
(b) A U.S. ambassador.
(c) A State Department colleague.
(d) A member of the PRC.
2. Which statement best describes Webb's limo driver?
(a) Young and talkative.
(b) Tired and middle-aged.
(c) Energetic and elderly.
(d) Solemn and somewhat belligerent.
3. To what does the term <i>Zhongguo ren<i> refer?
(a) A citizen.
(b) A priest.
(c) A bodyguard.
(d) A prime minister.
4. In Chapter 2, for which of the following does the CIA believe Beijing will blame the United States?
(a) Economic warfare.
(b) Their current recession.
(c) The assassination of a Nationalist cabinet member.
(d) The attempted assassination on the Minister of State.
5. Where does Webb meet the third contact in Chapter 13?
(a) Pennsylvania Hotel.
(b) Repulse Bay.
(c) Kam-Pek's casino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises McAllister in Chapter 2?
2. While on his anticipated phone call in Chapter 7, what is said to Conklin?
3. How does the character Cactus aid Webb?
4. While at the football game, about what does Webb complain?
5. Where did D'Anjou find a man to train as a pretender in the ways of Medusa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Webb use his skills to "arrange" a meeting with the impostor Bourne?
2. Describe McAllister's state of mind when he leaves Webb in Chapter 3, and why is this important?
3. What does Panov discover when he calls the State Department after first learning about Marie's disappearance from David Webb?
4. Why does Webb not kill the impostor Bourne immediately?
5. Why might the CIA and State Department have chosen McAllister as the link to David Webb?
6. Discuss Webb's preparations for his trip to Hong Kong.
7. What can the reader infer about the McAllister character from his actions upon hearing the news of Marie's escape from the hospital?
8. Which Webb/Bourne identity ultimately kills Sheng at the meeting in the clearing?
9. Summarize the interaction between Nelson and Staples at their meeting at the opening of Chapter 17.
10. Do you agree with Marie's thinking that Webb's memories of Burma are healthy?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)