|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the text, why does it seem David Webb trusts no one?
(a) Webb believes Edward McAllister is an assassin.
(b) Webb believes Sheng Chou Yang is an assassin.
(c) Webb believes the National Security Council is after him.
(d) Webb believes Carlos the Jackal is after him.
2. In Chapter 4, how does Webb feel when he discovers that his six protection guards are leaving?
3. Who does the assassin responsible for the deaths in the cabaret turn out to be?
(a) A psychiatric escapee.
(b) Jason Bourne's nemesis.
(c) A copy cat killer.
(d) A planted impostor.
4. What does Panov suggest to help calm Webb after Webb has interrogated several agents?
(a) A jog in the park.
(b) A nap.
(c) A walk on the beach.
(d) A walk in the park.
5. After Webb's first meeting with McAllister, which two characters are determined to be the most likely to be able to reach Webb?
(a) Panov and McAllister.
(b) Marie and Havilland.
(c) McAllister and Marie.
(d) Panov and Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 10, what does Webb ask the men to do?
2. Which of the following helps Webb locate the taipan with whom he is supposed to meet?
3. In Chapter 2, the United States learns that Sheng is planning something. What is it that Sheng is planning?
4. While still under cover of the woods, where does the third contact tell Webb the impostor Bourne is?
5. Which of the following is not obtained by Webb during his shopping trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why does Webb now disagree with his wife, believing that he is indeed a killer?
2. What do Webb's actions in Wu Song's warehouse tell the reader?
3. Why might Webb want to find out about Medusa after his wife first disappears?
4. Do you agree with Marie's thinking that Webb's memories of Burma are healthy?
5. Describe Webb's state of mind when he returns home and finds the ransom note.
6. Describe the setting and mood of Chapter 1.
7. Why is it important for Webb to contact the conspirators rather than the other way around?
8. Describe Webb's state of mind at the end of Chapter 7.
9. What might the narrow hallways and inner offices throughout the first two chapters symbolize?
10. What is Conklin's and Webb's plan?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)