|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the attack in the cabaret, what words do the police discover written in blood?
(a) David Bourne.
(b) Jason Bourne.
(c) The People's Republic of China.
(d) David Webb.
2. What was D'Anjou's codename?
3. During their meeting in Chapter 2, what does Havilland reveal to McAllster about Jason Bourne?
(a) That Bourne is a myth.
(b) That Bourne is a pathological liar.
(c) That Bourne is a threat to the U.S.
(d) That Bourne is an assassin.
4. In addition to being the Foreign Service Officer, who is Alexander Conklin?
(a) The Medusa Foreign Officer.
(b) The operator for Treadstone-71.
(c) Webb's enemy.
(d) Webb's friend.
5. While on his anticipated phone call in Chapter 7, what is said to Conklin?
(a) He is warned to back off.
(b) He is asked to join forces against Webb.
(c) He is encouraged to go to Hong Kong.
(d) He is asked to rescue Marie himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the term Zhongguo ren refer?
2. What does Webb encourage Pak-fei to do after their visit with Wu Song?
3. What does McAllister tell Webb during their initial visit?
4. To aid in his cover, from where does Bourne pretend to be when he enters the city of Macau?
5. With what does Webb threaten the taipan if he fails to allow Webb to speak with Marie if Webb captures the impostor Bourne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might the narrow hallways and inner offices throughout the first two chapters symbolize?
2. How does Webb use his skills to "arrange" a meeting with the impostor Bourne?
3. Describe Webb's state of mind when he returns home and finds the ransom note.
4. Describe the interactions between Catherine Staples and Marie in Chapter 14.
5. Why is it important for Webb to contact the conspirators rather than the other way around?
6. Do you agree with Marie's thinking that Webb's memories of Burma are healthy?
7. By the end of Chapter 13, how has Webb's character changed from the beginning of the novel?
8. Discuss Webb's preparations for his trip to Hong Kong.
9. Describe the events that take place on the beach with one of the contacts on Webb's list in Chapter 13.
10. Summarize David Webb's dilemma after Chapter 1.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)