|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the football game, about what does Webb complain?
(a) The score of the game.
(b) An exchange student who knows a lot about Siam's Rama II.
(c) An exchange student who is failing his class.
(d) That Marie is always reminding him he is not Bourne.
2. When speaking with Marie at a football game, how does Webb state he would kill someone like himself?
(a) With a tranquilizer.
(b) With a car bomb.
(c) With a sniper gun.
(d) With a poison dart.
3. What does Webb encourage Pak-fei to do after their visit with Wu Song?
(a) Take his family on a drive and go out to dinner.
(b) Move his family out of the country.
(c) Take his family on a boating trip.
(d) Get his family to a safe hotel.
4. After Webb and Panov discuss the information Webb has collected while speaking with agents on the phone, what do both Webb and Panov believe about the situation?
(a) That Webb will rescue Marie.
(b) That Webb is being "recruited" again.
(c) That Webb will lose his teaching job.
(d) That Webb needs to relax.
5. When Webb receives Marie's note after his run how does he react?
(a) He ignores the note.
(b) He calls Marie back.
(c) He lesiurely heads home.
(d) He frantically races home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the calligraphy on the green van read?
2. Why does Webb feel the limousine service advertised in the shopping center will be helpful?
3. In addition to serving as a "watchdog" for the meeting between McAllister and Havilland in Chapter 2, who is John Reilly?
4. What is Webb's cover for traveling to Kowloon?
5. What is odd about the assassin's interaction with the cabaret's manager?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Alexander Conklin.
2. Describe the interactions between Catherine Staples and Marie in Chapter 14.
3. What does Webb learn from the contact Jiang Yu at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. What might the narrow hallways and inner offices throughout the first two chapters symbolize?
5. Describe the Frenchman's affiliation with the impostor Bourne.
6. By the end of Chapter 13, how has Webb's character changed from the beginning of the novel?
7. What does Webb learn about the city of Macau from various characters in Chapter 13?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why does Webb now disagree with his wife, believing that he is indeed a killer?
9. Describe the events that take place on the beach with one of the contacts on Webb's list in Chapter 13.
10. Why is the oath of silence is so important to Ambassador Havilland?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)