|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Using his expertise, what does Webb examine at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The ransom note and gun.
(b) The bloody door and ransom note.
(c) The gun and the bedroom.
(d) The bloody door and gun.
2. What body of water does the assassin cross to arrive at the cabaret?
(a) Elizabeth Bay.
(b) Victoria Harbor.
(c) Elizabeth Harbor.
(d) Lake Victoria.
3. Where did D'Anjou find a man to train as a pretender in the ways of Medusa?
4. During what time of day does the opening setting of the novel take place?
(c) Late evening.
5. As Marie realizes the government is behind Webb's recruitment, how does she feel?
(a) Marie realizes the situation is a misunderstanding.
(b) Marie realizes the situation is growing more dangerous.
(c) Marie feels she is in no immediate danger.
(d) Marie begins to panic more.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the text, why does it seem David Webb trusts no one?
2. What does Bourne recall as he anticipates attacking the men at the campfire?
3. While in the foothills near Gongbei, what is the signal that indicates the conference is on?
4. What does McAllister tell Webb during their initial visit?
5. Who is Raymond Havilland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that take place on the beach with one of the contacts on Webb's list in Chapter 13.
2. Why is McAllister pleased with Webb's meeting with the supposed taipan, Yao Ming?
3. Describe Webb's state of mind at the end of Chapter 7.
4. What might the narrow hallways and inner offices throughout the first two chapters symbolize?
5. What is revealed at the opening of Chapter 11 through the meeting with the large Asian?
6. Summarize the situation in Macau that is revealed to Webb in Chapter 3.
7. What does Webb learn about the city of Macau from various characters in Chapter 13?
8. What do Webb's actions in Wu Song's warehouse tell the reader?
9. Summarize David Webb's dilemma after Chapter 1.
10. What does the organization of the assassin's plan tell the reader about the intention of this assassination?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)