|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Yao Ming?
(a) The Vice-Premier of the PRC.
(b) The murdered woman's drug-dealing lover.
(c) The murdered woman's assassin.
(d) The murdered woman's widower.
2. Who does the assassin responsible for the deaths in the cabaret turn out to be?
(a) A copy cat killer.
(b) A planted impostor.
(c) A psychiatric escapee.
(d) Jason Bourne's nemesis.
3. What is odd about the assassin's interaction with the cabaret's manager?
(a) He ignores the manager and brushes past him.
(b) He mentions the taipan whom he is there to see.
(c) He orders an extra drink.
(d) He starts a fire in the cabaret.
4. Using his expertise, what does Webb examine at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The bloody door and gun.
(b) The gun and the bedroom.
(c) The bloody door and ransom note.
(d) The ransom note and gun.
5. What does Bourne recall as he anticipates attacking the men at the campfire?
(a) His floating dead family members.
(b) A bloody handprint.
(c) A bloody river.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Webb receives Marie's note after his run how does he react?
2. While making calls to gather information about Marie's and McAllister's "disappearances," what does the final person with whom Webb speaks state?
3. At the end of Chapter 10, what does Webb ask the men to do?
4. After learning his guards are leaving, which of the following is not found by Webb when he arrives home?
5. When on the radio, what does Marie encourage Webb to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Webb's preparations for his trip to Hong Kong.
2. Why is the oath of silence is so important to Ambassador Havilland?
3. Describe Webb's state of mind when he returns home and finds the ransom note.
4. How does Webb utilize the Assistant Manager and clerk at the hotel?
5. Describe David Webb's distrust of the U.S. government.
6. What is revealed at the opening of Chapter 11 through the meeting with the large Asian?
7. What can the reader infer about the McAllister character from his actions upon hearing the news of Marie's escape from the hospital?
8. Describe the setting and mood of Chapter 1.
9. Why might Webb want to find out about Medusa after his wife first disappears?
10. Describe Webb's state of mind at the end of Chapter 7.
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)