|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not obtained by Webb during his shopping trip?
(a) Ice pick.
(b) A white business shirt.
(c) Hunting knife.
(d) Fishing line.
2. What does Yao Ming, the large Asian, call the shooting at Liang?
(a) A squabble.
(b) A misunderstanding.
(c) A ruse.
(d) A conspiracy.
3. While on his anticipated phone call in Chapter 7, what is said to Conklin?
(a) He is encouraged to go to Hong Kong.
(b) He is asked to join forces against Webb.
(c) He is asked to rescue Marie himself.
(d) He is warned to back off.
4. How does the character Cactus aid Webb?
(a) Preparing aged documents.
(b) Giving him various "looks."
(c) Photographing Webb in several suits.
(d) All of the above.
5. After leaving the Canadian consulate in Hong Kong, where do Marie and Catherine Staples go?
(a) Staples' home.
(b) For a drive around the city.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using his expertise, what does Webb examine at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Why does Webb feel the limousine service advertised in the shopping center will be helpful?
3. While making calls to gather information about Marie's and McAllister's "disappearances," what does the final person with whom Webb speaks state?
4. In which hotel does Webb reserve a second room?
5. What does Jiang Yu say to Webb while at the French restaurant that causes Webb to freeze?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marie's escape from the hospital successful?
2. Describe the character of Alexander Conklin.
3. What does Webb's reaction to receiving Marie's note tell the reader about the couple's relationship?
4. Describe the setting and mood of Chapter 1.
5. What does Webb learn about the city of Macau from various characters in Chapter 13?
6. By chapter 12, what events from previous chapters suggest that Marie is a strong and resourceful character?
7. Describe David Webb's distrust of the U.S. government.
8. Why is it important for Webb to contact the conspirators rather than the other way around?
9. Why might Webb want to find out about Medusa after his wife first disappears?
10. Describe Webb's state of mind at the end of Chapter 7.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)