|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bourne recall as he anticipates attacking the men at the campfire?
(a) A bloody river.
(b) A bloody handprint.
(c) All of the above.
(d) His floating dead family members.
2. After Marie escapes from the hospital, what mistake does McAllister make that he tells the doctor and Lin to immediately forget?
(a) McAllister mentions Marie's illness.
(b) McAllister mentions the impostor Bourne's location.
(c) McAllister mentions Havilland's name.
(d) McAllister mentions Webb's position.
3. After being dragged into the woods, how does the third contact feel about his fate with Webb?
4. How does Webb access the green van at the Shumchun Reservoir?
(a) He pretends to hijack it and takes the driver's gun.
(b) He pretends it hits him and overcomes the driver, taking his gun.
(c) He sneaks in when the driver is distracted and takes the driver's gun.
(d) He storms the van with gunfire.
5. At the end of Chapter 10, what does Webb ask the men to do?
(a) Drop their weapons.
(b) Hand over his wife.
(c) Kill him mercifully.
(d) Spare his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jiang Yu?
2. How do McAllister and the doctor plan to locate Marie after she escapes from the hospital?
3. After Webb's first meeting with McAllister, which two characters are determined to be the most likely to be able to reach Webb?
4. In addition to being the Foreign Service Officer, who is Alexander Conklin?
5. While with Marie, who does Catherine Staples say she feels should be handling the fact that the Webbs are being manipulated and pursued?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Webb learn about the city of Macau from various characters in Chapter 13?
2. Describe Webb's state of mind at the end of Chapter 7.
3. Why is Marie's escape from the hospital successful?
4. What is Conklin's and Webb's plan?
5. What can the reader infer about the McAllister character from his actions upon hearing the news of Marie's escape from the hospital?
6. Why is it important for Webb to contact the conspirators rather than the other way around?
7. Describe the setting and mood of Chapter 1.
8. Describe the interactions between Catherine Staples and Marie in Chapter 14.
9. Describe David Webb's distrust of the U.S. government.
10. What does Panov discover when he calls the State Department after first learning about Marie's disappearance from David Webb?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)