|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of Chapter 2, how are U.S. officials within the secure government building planning to use Bourne?
(a) To lure out the real Sheng Chou Yang.
(b) To negotiate with the PRC.
(c) To assassinate Sheng Chou Yang.
(d) To restore peace in Hong Kong.
2. How does Webb access the green van at the Shumchun Reservoir?
(a) He storms the van with gunfire.
(b) He pretends it hits him and overcomes the driver, taking his gun.
(c) He sneaks in when the driver is distracted and takes the driver's gun.
(d) He pretends to hijack it and takes the driver's gun.
3. For what purpose is the house in Victoria Peak used?
(a) A location to house the kidnapped Marie.
(b) A sterile house for a covert operation.
(c) It is McAllister's vacation home.
(d) It is Yao Ming's residence.
4. Why does Webb feel the limousine service advertised in the shopping center will be helpful?
(a) Limousine drivers know the ins and out of a city.
(b) Limousine drivers make traveling less boring.
(c) Limousine drivers know the good restaurants.
(d) Limousine drivers can get their passengers around quickly.
5. Who is Morris Panov?
(a) Webb's neighbor.
(b) Webb's physician
(c) Webb's psychiatrist.
(d) Webb's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the Canadian consulate in Hong Kong, where do Marie and Catherine Staples go?
2. While with Marie, who does Catherine Staples say she feels should be handling the fact that the Webbs are being manipulated and pursued?
3. During what time of day does the opening setting of the novel take place?
4. What does Bourne recall as he anticipates attacking the men at the campfire?
5. While in his office in Chapter 3, what does Webb experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Staples' actions in the Victoria Peak mansion suggest about her character?
2. What does the reader see in Marie's character after she is informed of Staples' murder?
3. Describe Webb's initial interactions with the Macau conduit he follows outside of the casino.
4. Describe McAllister's state of mind when he leaves Webb in Chapter 3, and why is this important?
5. How does Webb narrow down the possible avenues of attack on the target at the airport?
6. Describe the setting and mood of Chapter 1.
7. How does Havilland convince Staples that giving up Marie is necessary?
8. By the end of Chapter 13, how has Webb's character changed from the beginning of the novel?
9. What steps did Lin take to uncover the traitor on his team?
10. What is Conklin's and Webb's plan?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)