|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Panov suggest to help calm Webb after Webb has interrogated several agents?
(a) A walk in the park.
(b) A jog in the park.
(c) A nap.
(d) A walk on the beach.
2. To serve as a distraction in the cabaret, what action does one customer take?
(a) He breaks a bottle over the bar.
(b) He sets fire to the cabaret.
(c) He starts a fight with other customers.
(d) He sets off a smoke bomb.
3. To where does the cabaret assassin flee?
4. In the arcade, Webb's second call is to whom?
(b) Yao Ming.
5. What does Webb encourage Pak-fei to do after their visit with Wu Song?
(a) Move his family out of the country.
(b) Take his family on a boating trip.
(c) Take his family on a drive and go out to dinner.
(d) Get his family to a safe hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the football game, about what does Webb complain?
2. Who is Catherine Staples?
3. Which of the following helps Webb locate the taipan with whom he is supposed to meet?
4. Where does Webb meet the third contact in Chapter 13?
5. What does Marie take from the hospital guard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Webb learn from the contact Jiang Yu at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. How does Webb utilize the Assistant Manager and clerk at the hotel?
3. Why is the oath of silence is so important to Ambassador Havilland?
4. Describe the Frenchman's affiliation with the impostor Bourne.
5. What might the narrow hallways and inner offices throughout the first two chapters symbolize?
6. By chapter 12, what events from previous chapters suggest that Marie is a strong and resourceful character?
7. What does Webb learn about the city of Macau from various characters in Chapter 13?
8. Discuss Webb's preparations for his trip to Hong Kong.
9. What can the reader infer about the McAllister character from his actions upon hearing the news of Marie's escape from the hospital?
10. What does the organization of the assassin's plan tell the reader about the intention of this assassination?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)