|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a prostitute hands Webb's note from the Kam-pek casino to a man who Webb then subdues in an alley, who does the man reveal he is to meet the next night?
(c) The Frenchman.
(d) The impostor Bourne.
2. Which character is at the hospital conversing with the doctor and returns to the room after learning Marie has escaped?
(c) Yao Ming.
3. While in his office in Chapter 3, what does Webb experience?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A flashback.
(c) An anxiety attack.
(d) A split in his personality.
4. What is written on the note Webb leaves on the Kam-pek casino table?
(a) A friend of Carlos.
(b) Who is Carlos?
(c) Where is Carlos?
(d) No friend of Carlos.
5. In Chapter 2, what does Havilland reveal to McAllister about Sheng Chou Yang?
(a) Sheng is a Socialist zealot.
(b) Sheng is a Communist zealot.
(c) Sheng is a Nationalist zealot.
(d) Sheng is a Buddhist zealot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Webb meet the third contact in Chapter 13?
2. What news does McAllister receive in the opening scene of Chapter 14?
3. After he arrives by train in Kowloon, what does Webb discover the impostor Bourne has that matches something old of Webb's?
4. After leaving the Canadian consulate in Hong Kong, where do Marie and Catherine Staples go?
5. How does Webb access the green van at the Shumchun Reservoir?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interactions between Catherine Staples and Marie in Chapter 14.
2. What does Webb learn from the contact Jiang Yu at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. What does Webb learn about the city of Macau from various characters in Chapter 13?
4. Why might Webb want to find out about Medusa after his wife first disappears?
5. What does the organization of the assassin's plan tell the reader about the intention of this assassination?
6. Summarize the situation in Macau that is revealed to Webb in Chapter 3.
7. What is the importance of the meeting between Webb and McAllister in Chapter 3?
8. What is Conklin's and Webb's plan?
9. Why is McAllister pleased with Webb's meeting with the supposed taipan, Yao Ming?
10. Discuss Webb's preparations for his trip to Hong Kong.
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)