|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the football game, about what does Webb complain?
(a) The score of the game.
(b) An exchange student who knows a lot about Siam's Rama II.
(c) An exchange student who is failing his class.
(d) That Marie is always reminding him he is not Bourne.
2. After Webb and Panov discuss the information Webb has collected while speaking with agents on the phone, what do both Webb and Panov believe about the situation?
(a) That Webb will rescue Marie.
(b) That Webb needs to relax.
(c) That Webb is being "recruited" again.
(d) That Webb will lose his teaching job.
3. While still under cover of the woods, where does the third contact tell Webb the impostor Bourne is?
(a) In Russia.
(b) In Shenzen.
(c) In Macau.
(d) In Victoria Peak.
4. When they first meet in this novel, where does McAllister speak to Webb?
(a) In McAllister's home.
(b) On Webb's way home.
(c) In Webb's office.
(d) In Webb's home.
5. While in the French restaurant on Causeway Bay, about whom does Jiang Yu give Webb details about contacting?
(a) A Frenchman at Kam-Pek's casino.
(b) A Swede at Pek-Kam's casino.
(c) An American at Kam-Pek's casino.
(d) An Englishman at Pak-fei's casino.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to serving as a "watchdog" for the meeting between McAllister and Havilland in Chapter 2, who is John Reilly?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Havilland reveal to McAllister about Sheng Chou Yang?
3. In Chapter 1, during the fire and subsequent chaos in the cabaret, who does the assassin kill?
4. What does Marie recall about what Bourne says about studying things?
5. In preparation for his trip to Kowloon, to what location does Webb wire money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Webb's initial interactions with the Macau conduit he follows outside of the casino.
2. Describe the events that take place on the beach with one of the contacts on Webb's list in Chapter 13.
3. Summarize the situation in Macau that is revealed to Webb in Chapter 3.
4. In Chapter 36, why does Sheng suspect the situation is not being handled by a professional?
5. Describe Webb's state of mind at the end of Chapter 7.
6. What does Panov suggest to Marie and Webb before he leaves to go home and attend to patients?
7. Contrast Webb's character as Bourne with the man who reunites with Marie at the end of Chapter 32.
8. How does Havilland convince Staples that giving up Marie is necessary?
9. By chapter 12, what events from previous chapters suggest that Marie is a strong and resourceful character?
10. What does Marie find strange about Staples' behavior as she awaits Catherine's return?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)