|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiang Yu say to Webb while at the French restaurant that causes Webb to freeze?
(a) Jiang Yu tells Bourne that Marie is in grave danger.
(b) Jiang Yu quotes a code phrase that only McAllister knows.
(c) Jiang Yu quotes specific words that were supposedly located in Medusa files.
(d) Jiang Yu reveals that he is the impostor Bourne.
2. From what disease does David Webb suffer?
(c) A personality disorder.
(d) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
3. How does Webb access the green van at the Shumchun Reservoir?
(a) He storms the van with gunfire.
(b) He sneaks in when the driver is distracted and takes the driver's gun.
(c) He pretends to hijack it and takes the driver's gun.
(d) He pretends it hits him and overcomes the driver, taking his gun.
4. Why does Webb feel the limousine service advertised in the shopping center will be helpful?
(a) Limousine drivers know the good restaurants.
(b) Limousine drivers can get their passengers around quickly.
(c) Limousine drivers know the ins and out of a city.
(d) Limousine drivers make traveling less boring.
5. What does McAllister learn from Lin about Marie's physical status?
(a) Marie is being aggressive toward her captors.
(b) Marie is in a coma.
(c) Marie is suffering from seizures and memory lapses.
(d) Marie is having panic attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the tarmac at the airfield, where does the airport clerk tell Webb the plane containing the brown sedan he was chasing is heading?
2. Where did D'Anjou find a man to train as a pretender in the ways of Medusa?
3. When speaking with Marie at a football game, how does Webb state he would kill someone like himself?
4. What does Marie take from the hospital guard?
5. After a prostitute hands Webb's note from the Kam-pek casino to a man who Webb then subdues in an alley, who does the man reveal he is to meet the next night?
Short Essay Questions
1. By chapter 12, what events from previous chapters suggest that Marie is a strong and resourceful character?
2. How does Webb utilize the Assistant Manager and clerk at the hotel?
3. What might the narrow hallways and inner offices throughout the first two chapters symbolize?
4. What do Webb's actions in Wu Song's warehouse tell the reader?
5. What clue from Marie's story does McAllister discover from the Treadstone-71 file?
6. Describe the character of Alexander Conklin.
7. Why is Marie's escape from the hospital successful?
8. What does Webb learn from the contact Jiang Yu at the beginning of Chapter 13?
9. By the end of Chapter 13, how has Webb's character changed from the beginning of the novel?
10. What is revealed at the opening of Chapter 11 through the meeting with the large Asian?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)