|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important information does Webb obtain from the man who tries to trap him on the Star Ferry?
(a) The impostor Bourne is on the Star Ferry.
(b) The impostor Bourne is tailing Webb.
(c) The impostor Bourne works out of Macau.
(d) None of the above.
2. Which character is bothered by the government's manipulation of Webb?
(a) Ambassador Havilland.
(b) Harry Babcock.
(c) Edward McAllister.
(d) Alexander Conklin.
3. Which of the following helps Webb locate the taipan with whom he is supposed to meet?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Guards holding radios.
(c) An out-of-breath Chinese man in a business suit.
(d) A caricature whore.
4. In Chapter 1, how does the assassin arrive at the cabaret?
(a) On his employer's yacht.
(b) On a shabby motorboat.
(c) On a rowboat.
(d) On a jet-ski.
5. What does Panov suggest to help calm Webb after Webb has interrogated several agents?
(a) A jog in the park.
(b) A walk in the park.
(c) A walk on the beach.
(d) A nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is "Delta" is a codename?
2. Which of the following characters senses something is wrong during the conversation between Webb and McAllister?
3. What becomes evident to Webb in Chapter 7?
4. Which of the following is not obtained by Webb during his shopping trip?
5. What does Marie recall about what Bourne says about studying things?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Webb learn about the city of Macau from various characters in Chapter 13?
2. Summarize David Webb's dilemma after Chapter 1.
3. What does Webb learn from the contact Jiang Yu at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. Do you agree with Marie's thinking that Webb's memories of Burma are healthy?
5. What do Webb's actions in Wu Song's warehouse tell the reader?
6. Describe Webb's state of mind when he returns home and finds the ransom note.
7. How does Webb utilize the Assistant Manager and clerk at the hotel?
8. Describe the setting and mood of Chapter 1.
9. By chapter 12, what events from previous chapters suggest that Marie is a strong and resourceful character?
10. What is the "big picture" purpose of the assassination in Chapter 1?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)