|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiang Yu say to Webb while at the French restaurant that causes Webb to freeze?
(a) Jiang Yu reveals that he is the impostor Bourne.
(b) Jiang Yu tells Bourne that Marie is in grave danger.
(c) Jiang Yu quotes specific words that were supposedly located in Medusa files.
(d) Jiang Yu quotes a code phrase that only McAllister knows.
2. Which of the following helps Webb locate the taipan with whom he is supposed to meet?
(a) An out-of-breath Chinese man in a business suit.
(b) Guards holding radios.
(c) A caricature whore.
(d) All of the above.
3. In addition to serving as a "watchdog" for the meeting between McAllister and Havilland in Chapter 2, who is John Reilly?
(a) A U.S. ambassador.
(b) A member of the NSC.
(c) A member of the PRC.
(d) A State Department colleague.
4. While still under cover of the woods, where does the third contact tell Webb the impostor Bourne is?
(a) In Victoria Peak.
(b) In Russia.
(c) In Shenzen.
(d) In Macau.
5. As Marie realizes the government is behind Webb's recruitment, how does she feel?
(a) Marie realizes the situation is a misunderstanding.
(b) Marie begins to panic more.
(c) Marie feels she is in no immediate danger.
(d) Marie realizes the situation is growing more dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Yao Ming?
2. What is written on the note Webb leaves on the Kam-pek casino table?
3. What does the calligraphy on the green van read?
4. Where are the taipan's wife and her lover assassinated?
5. Who does the assassin responsible for the deaths in the cabaret turn out to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you agree with Marie's thinking that Webb's memories of Burma are healthy?
2. Describe the character of Alexander Conklin.
3. What might the narrow hallways and inner offices throughout the first two chapters symbolize?
4. Describe the events that take place on the beach with one of the contacts on Webb's list in Chapter 13.
5. How does Webb utilize the Assistant Manager and clerk at the hotel?
6. Describe Webb's state of mind when he returns home and finds the ransom note.
7. How does Webb locate the wealthy Asian taipan?
8. Describe McAllister's state of mind when he leaves Webb in Chapter 3, and why is this important?
9. Describe the Frenchman's affiliation with the impostor Bourne.
10. What does Webb's reaction to receiving Marie's note tell the reader about the couple's relationship?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)