|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Havilland reveal to McAllister about Sheng Chou Yang?
(a) Sheng is a Buddhist zealot.
(b) Sheng is a Nationalist zealot.
(c) Sheng is a Socialist zealot.
(d) Sheng is a Communist zealot.
2. What does McAllister tell Webb during their initial visit?
(a) He is no longer a member of the CIA.
(b) Marie is very sick.
(c) He is a target for murder.
(d) Carlos the Jackal has found him.
3. In which hotel does Webb reserve a second room?
(d) Pennsylvania .
4. To aid in his cover, from where does Bourne pretend to be when he enters the city of Macau?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. As of Chapter 2, how are U.S. officials within the secure government building planning to use Bourne?
(a) To lure out the real Sheng Chou Yang.
(b) To assassinate Sheng Chou Yang.
(c) To restore peace in Hong Kong.
(d) To negotiate with the PRC.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being dragged into the woods, how does the third contact feel about his fate with Webb?
2. In addition to serving as a "watchdog" for the meeting between McAllister and Havilland in Chapter 2, who is John Reilly?
3. Where does Webb meet the third contact in Chapter 13?
4. Who is Ian Ballantyne?
5. What does Marie take from the hospital guard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed at the opening of Chapter 11 through the meeting with the large Asian?
2. Describe Webb's state of mind at the end of Chapter 7.
3. Describe the setting and mood of Chapter 1.
4. What might the narrow hallways and inner offices throughout the first two chapters symbolize?
5. Discuss Webb's preparations for his trip to Hong Kong.
6. How does Webb use his skills to "arrange" a meeting with the impostor Bourne?
7. Why might the CIA and State Department have chosen McAllister as the link to David Webb?
8. Why is Marie's escape from the hospital successful?
9. How does Webb locate the wealthy Asian taipan?
10. What is Conklin's and Webb's plan?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)