|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Webb try to prevent Assistant Hotel Manager Liang from doing?
(a) Leaving the hotel.
(b) Making a phone call.
(c) Moving his room assignment.
(d) Reporting him to the officials.
2. In addition to serving as a "watchdog" for the meeting between McAllister and Havilland in Chapter 2, who is John Reilly?
(a) A member of the PRC.
(b) A State Department colleague.
(c) A member of the NSC.
(d) A U.S. ambassador.
3. When McAllister and his wife cannot be located in Chapter 4, about what does Webb want answers?
(d) Harry Babcock.
4. In Chapter 1, during the fire and subsequent chaos in the cabaret, who does the assassin kill?
(a) Five cabaret customers.
(b) A guard and five businessmen.
(c) The cabaret manager.
(d) A cabaret customer and five businessmen.
5. What becomes evident to Webb in Chapter 7?
(a) Conklin is a mole.
(b) The government is being set up, too.
(c) Someone wants Bourne more than the goverment does.
(d) Marie has escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their meeting in Chapter 2, what does Havilland reveal to McAllster about Jason Bourne?
2. How are McAllister and Webb alike?
3. According to the text, why does it seem David Webb trusts no one?
4. What does Yao Ming, the large Asian, call the shooting at Liang?
5. What name does Webb use when he arrives at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Webb's actions in Wu Song's warehouse tell the reader?
2. Describe the interactions between Catherine Staples and Marie in Chapter 14.
3. What is Conklin's and Webb's plan?
4. Why might the CIA and State Department have chosen McAllister as the link to David Webb?
5. Discuss Webb's preparations for his trip to Hong Kong.
6. Why might Webb want to find out about Medusa after his wife first disappears?
7. How does Webb utilize the Assistant Manager and clerk at the hotel?
8. What does Webb's reaction to receiving Marie's note tell the reader about the couple's relationship?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why does Webb now disagree with his wife, believing that he is indeed a killer?
10. Describe Webb's state of mind at the end of Chapter 7.
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)