|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marie stay while Staples is investigating McAllister's story in Chapter 15?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) Staples' office.
(c) Staples' flat.
(d) A warehouse.
2. What is written on the note Webb leaves on the Kam-pek casino table?
(a) No friend of Carlos.
(b) A friend of Carlos.
(c) Who is Carlos?
(d) Where is Carlos?
3. Which statement best describes Webb's limo driver?
(a) Energetic and elderly.
(b) Solemn and somewhat belligerent.
(c) Young and talkative.
(d) Tired and middle-aged.
4. To where does the cabaret assassin flee?
5. What is Marie's cover to the American couple in the arcade?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) A tour guide.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the gunfire, Webb overcomes the impostor Bourne. Who does the man identify himself as?
2. How does McAllister feel when he leaves Webb following their discussion?
3. Which of the following helps Webb locate the taipan with whom he is supposed to meet?
4. While on the tarmac at the airfield, where does the airport clerk tell Webb the plane containing the brown sedan he was chasing is heading?
5. What does Marie recall about what Bourne says about studying things?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interactions between Catherine Staples and Marie in Chapter 14.
2. What does Webb learn about the city of Macau from various characters in Chapter 13?
3. How does Webb locate the wealthy Asian taipan?
4. What might the narrow hallways and inner offices throughout the first two chapters symbolize?
5. What do Webb's actions in Wu Song's warehouse tell the reader?
6. Describe Webb's state of mind when he returns home and finds the ransom note.
7. Why might the CIA and State Department have chosen McAllister as the link to David Webb?
8. What clue from Marie's story does McAllister discover from the Treadstone-71 file?
9. How does Webb use his skills to "arrange" a meeting with the impostor Bourne?
10. Why is it important for Webb to contact the conspirators rather than the other way around?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)