Short Answer Key
1. During what time of day does the opening setting of the novel take place?
2. From what disease does David Webb suffer?
3. What body of water does the assassin cross to arrive at the cabaret?
4. In Chapter 1, how does the assassin arrive at the cabaret?
On a shabby motorboat.
5. What is odd about the assassin's interaction with the cabaret's manager?
He mentions the taipan whom he is there to see.
6. To serve as a distraction in the cabaret, what action does one customer take?
He sets fire to the cabaret.
7. To what does the term Zhongguo ren refer?
8. In Chapter 1, during the fire and subsequent chaos in the cabaret, who does the assassin kill?
A guard and five businessmen.
9. After the assassin makes his kill in Chapter 1, what does...
This section contains 3,549 words|
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)