|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does McAllister receive in the opening scene of Chapter 14?
(a) Marie has escaped from the hospital.
(b) Marie's condition has worsened.
(c) Havilland is coming to see him.
(d) David Webb has arrived in Macau.
2. After the attack in the cabaret, who do the police discover is one of the victims?
(a) Third in line to succeed the Chairman.
(b) The Secretary of the People's Republic.
(c) The Vice-Premier of the People's Republic .
(d) Prime Minster of the People's Republic.
3. What does Yao Ming, the large Asian, call the shooting at Liang?
(a) A misunderstanding.
(b) A conspiracy.
(c) A squabble.
(d) A ruse.
4. Which of the following helps Webb locate the taipan with whom he is supposed to meet?
(a) All of the above.
(b) A caricature whore.
(c) Guards holding radios.
(d) An out-of-breath Chinese man in a business suit.
5. At the end of Chapter 10, what does Webb ask the men to do?
(a) Kill him mercifully.
(b) Drop their weapons.
(c) Spare his life.
(d) Hand over his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about the assassin's interaction with the cabaret's manager?
2. What does Webb encourage Pak-fei to do after their visit with Wu Song?
3. On the night of the great blade, what does the first woman prisoner reveal to the crowd about Sheng before she is executed?
4. What does the calligraphy on the green van read?
5. In Chapter 1, how does the assassin arrive at the cabaret?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)