• David Webb, the amnesiac protagonist, has served as a special operative for the U.S. government, but now lives in Maine with his wife, Marie.
• A significant assassination in Hong Kong suggests that the legendary killer, Jason Bourne, has come out of retirement.
• A man dressed as a priest crosses Victoria Harbor, gets off the boat, and enters a cabaret.
• During a planned distraction, the man assassinates five businessmen and a guard, and then exits the cabaret.
• The police find the name "Jason Bourne" written in blood at the scene.
• Ambassador Havilland briefs Edward McAllister, a specialist in Oriental studies, about a special mission.
• Havilland informs McAllister that Jason Bourne is a myth created by the U.S. government.
• Jason Bourne's identity has been assumed by David Webb, Bourne's assassin.
• McAllister also learns that the Minster of State of the PRC, Sheng, is also a myth...
This section contains 1,438 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)