|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the man in the gold-rimmed glasses tell Marie he works for?
2. Where is this man taken?
3. Why does Bourne force Marie St. Jacques to leave the hotel with him?
4. What do Marie and Bourne do when they reach their destination?
5. What does the man claim was in envelopes he gave Bourne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important about the newspaper articles in the prologue of this novel?
2. Who attacks Bourne as he leaves the bank?
3. Who does the killer in Bourne's hotel room say hired him to kill Bourne?
4. What does the doctor discover that is significant in his unconscious patient?
5. What do the magazine articles Bourne and Marie read about Carlos say about Carlos' signature shot through the throat?
6. What happens when Bourne visits Chernak?
7. Why does Jean-Pierre go to the Carillon de Lac and what does he learn there?
8. Why does Bourne call the Vice President of the bank before withdrawing his money?
9. What does Bourne do after he escapes from the hired killers?
10. What crimes is Marie accused of committing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Dr. Marie St. Jacques? How does Bourne learn her name? Why does Bourne single her out? Why does Bourne force her to walk with him? Why does Bourne force her to drive him away from the hotel? Why does Bourne decide to return to the hotel? Why does Bourne not allow Marie to go? What does Bourne want from Marie? Does Bourne get what he needs from Marie?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Cain? How does Bourne learn about Cain? How does Cain's identity cause Bourne to decide to leave Marie? What does Cain have to do with Marie? Does Bourne leave Marie? Why or why not? What is Marie's connection to Bourne? To Cain? Why does Marie insist on staying with Bourne? Who orders Marie to go back to Canada? Why? Does Marie go? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is Bourne's real identity? What is significant about this identity? Why did Bourne chose to become Cain? What is Bourne hoping to accomplish with this mission? What tragedy in Bourne's past is his possible motive for becoming Cain? Why did he choose Cain as his alter ego's name? Did Bourne get the result from his undercover work he hoped for? Does Bourne's memory come back? Why is Bourne placed under protective custody? Who comes to live with Bourne? What does Bourne remember in the final sentences of the novel? Is this an accurate memory?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)