|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Dr. Washburn suffer from?
2. What happens after Bourne arranges to meet with the Vice President of the Valois Bank?
3. What is the name of the politician Bourne believes he killed?
4. In Chapter 13, how is the armored car driver supposed to know Bourne?
5. What image does Bourne see in his mind as they drive away from the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Operation Medusa?
2. What is unusual about Jean-Pierre's fighting abilities?
3. What crimes is Marie accused of committing?
4. What happened to Cain in Marseilles?
5. What do the magazine articles Bourne and Marie read about Carlos say about Carlos' signature shot through the throat?
6. Who is Cain?
7. Who attacks Bourne as he leaves the bank?
8. What does the man in the restaurant tell Bourne?
9. What is important about the newspaper articles in the prologue of this novel?
10. To where does Marie trace the phone number attached to the une fiche on Bourne's account?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Villiers' wife? What is her connection to Les Classiques? What is her connection to Carlos? What does Bourne want to use her to do? Does Bourne's plan work? Why or why not? Who comes to Valliers' wife in a hysterical state? What does Villiers' wife do with this person? What happens to Villiers' wife later in the plot? Why? What does Bourne do about this situation? How does Bourne use it to his advantage?
Essay Topic 2
What is Bourne's real identity? What is significant about this identity? Why did Bourne chose to become Cain? What is Bourne hoping to accomplish with this mission? What tragedy in Bourne's past is his possible motive for becoming Cain? Why did he choose Cain as his alter ego's name? Did Bourne get the result from his undercover work he hoped for? Does Bourne's memory come back? Why is Bourne placed under protective custody? Who comes to live with Bourne? What does Bourne remember in the final sentences of the novel? Is this an accurate memory?
Essay Topic 3
What is amnesia? How does it affect the patient? Will memories ever come back? Why was Bourne told to allow his mind to wonder in times of stress? How is this supposed to help? Does it help? How? How does amnesia affect a person's personality? Can amnesia make a cold killer a nice person? Why or why not? What can the reader learn about Bourne through his actions when he has no memory of who he is? What kind of person is he? Will he ever get his memories back?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)