|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person does Carlos like to hire?
2. Who does the man in the gold-rimmed glasses tell Marie he works for?
3. What is significant about the location in which Carlos chooses to meet his contacts?
4. What does Marie discover when she sees the evening paper?
5. What does Bourne leave in the hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Cain's name in association with Carlos' name?
2. Why does Bourne attempt to leave Marie?
3. What is unusual about Jean-Pierre's fighting abilities?
4. Why does Marie help Bourne after he kidnapped her?
5. What word does Marie hear Bourne say?
6. Who does the killer in Bourne's hotel room say hired him to kill Bourne?
7. What does Marie think Treadstone Seventy-One is?
8. What happened to Cain in Marseilles?
9. What is included in Bourne's account that causes the flurry of activity after he calls the bank?
10. Who is Cain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Carlos? What is significant about the newspaper articles features in the prologue? What do these articles tell the reader about Carlos? How do these articles foreshadow Carlos' part in the developing plot? What is significant about Carlos' origin of birth? What is significant about Carlos' suspected whereabouts?
Essay Topic 2
Who is found floating in the ocean? Where is this man taken? What is unusual about this man's overall appearance? What is found in this man's arm? What do these things imply about this man to the reader? What becomes evident about this man when he regains consciousness? What is significant about this man's fighting skills? How do these skills cause this man to stand out on the small island where he has come to live? Why does the man decide he would be better off leaving the island?
Essay Topic 3
What is Threadstone Seventy-One? Who is involved in Threadstone? What is their purpose? Who is Major Webb? Why does Webb plant the fake story about Marie being wanted for murder and robbery? What does Webb hope this will achieve? Who is Abbott? Why does Abbott believe they must find Bourne? What will Abbott do with Bourne once he is found? What does Abbott know about Cain? What does Abbott hope to do with Cain? Why?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)