Preface | Book 1 Chapter 1
* A man named Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, aka Carlos, is wanted for the murders of two French intelligence officers and a Lebanese man. He is thought to be in Lebanon.
* A man is shot and falls from a boat. The boat then explodes.
* The injured man is rescued by fishermen and taken to a small island where an alcoholic doctor lives. The doctor cares for the man while he is unconscious from a head wound.
* The doctor tells the injured man that he has had his appearance altered for some reason. The doctor also tells the man that he found film with a bank account number implanted in the injured man's arm.
Book 1 Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 | Book 1 Chapter 4
* The doctor determines that the injured man has amnesia. The injured man, who takes the name Jean-Pierre, recovers completely from his injuries, but has not recovered his memory...
This section contains 3,272 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)