|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brenda reminded of as she fights with Freda?
2. What do the workers collect in a nearby shop for a proper goodbye to Freda?
3. What happens to the people who can't fit into the two cars?
4. What are the men in the Mini waiting to do?
5. Who does not want to sit next to Freda in Rossi's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freda torment Brenda and what does the behavior remind Brenda of?
2. How does the author illustrate the class difference between the Italian men and the others in the group?
3. Who finally admits to killing Freda and how do the others respond?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing when Brenda tells the neighbor that Freda has taken a trip to Spain?
5. What plans does Mr. Paganotti have that distresses the workers?
6. How doe Freda and Brenda prepare for the outing?
7. What does the group do with Freda's body and what are Brenda's continuing thoughts about her dead friend?
8. What is the mood between Vittorio and Freda today?
9. How does the author use foreshadowing in Freda's suggestion to visit the wild safari park?
10. What happens at the factory the next morning after Freda's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Rossi. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Vittorio. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)