• As the story begins, two roommates, Freda and Brenda are looking out their London apartment window to watch the funeral of a woman who had been a resident of the old people's home across the street.
• Freda is crying dramatically even though she did not know the dead woman while Brenda, who is easily embarrassed is even afraid to look out the window.
• Freda and Brenda had met in a butcher's shop and have been roommates ever since.
• Freda is a large 24-year-old girl who is very dramatic and patronizes a theatrical pub every week in hopes of being discovered.
• Brenda is sickly and withdrawn, and at the age of 32 feels as if she is ready for the grave.
• Freda has never been married and Brenda is separated from her abusive husband.
• Freda and Brenda work at a wine factory and Freda has planned an outing for...
This section contains 2,454 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)